Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sunri

Liturgist
vz0uugpgjxq71.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want to register a complaint about the item bloat inside The Enigma. Seriously, there is so much shit in that zone, it needs absolute decluttering.
unknown.png

The puzzles are fine, not too difficult to do and I don't mind them. But because you need to interact with so many objects within the zone it feels mandatory to pick up all this junk just so you can see what you are doing.
Also that pic shows how many overgrown kobolds you actually had to smack with your dagger +18 in average pathfinder dungeon. Many epuk.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hm, previously, Shaman's Intimidating Display Hex was not counted as Dazzling Display for Shatter Defenses.
I reported it some time ago, and I had not seen this fix anywhere in patch-notes. But it works now.

Looks like Owlcats still love their stealth fixing and patch-notes only show the major, well known issues. Whether it stems from the general chaos in work processes or they are they're just too afraid to show their full ridiculously long list of everything broken at release, who knows.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
so we had a discussion in Discord about STM and Outflank stacking, you guys might find something of interest in the results

STMAOO.jpg

Long story short: no they don't stack

Nahel

Arcane
I don't understand why romance for good-aligned men, from regular one to epic should always be about forgiving a woman for from 100 to 10000 years of crime, eating babies and destroying kingdoms. Is that girl fanfiction thing? Perfect husbandu forgives waifu all?

My loyal good paladin executed her on the spot pissing of the lantern king.
Lost companions because of her, because of bugs not yet fixed.
Only chaotic good or chaotic neutral should even think of forgiving her, let alone romancing her.

She is an horrible war criminal at best and did enough death to make camelia pause....

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hm, previously, Shaman's Intimidating Display Hex was not counted as Dazzling Display for Shatter Defenses.
I reported it some time ago, and I had not seen this fix anywhere in patch-notes. But it works now.

Looks like Owlcats still love their stealth fixing and patch-notes only show the major, well known issues. Whether it stems from the general chaos in work processes or they are they're just too afraid to show their full ridiculously long list of everything broken at release, who knows.

I get the feeling their patching process is rather haphazard and disorganised.

It might be that someone working on the patch slipped something in without telling anyone, or at least forgetting to tell others what they were working on.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I don't understand why romance for good-aligned men, from regular one to epic should always be about forgiving a woman for from 100 to 10000 years of crime, eating babies and destroying kingdoms. Is that girl fanfiction thing? Perfect husbandu forgives waifu all?

Exactly...

In case of Arueahalae is even worse. She worked in a brothel, had thousands of demon and demonologist dicks inside her every year for aeons. But for the mc, she demand love and commitment.
Classic college girl

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah, not sure if it's just me, but on one of my saves, at level 4, Seelah didn't get spellcasting ability. So she's at level 5 with no spells. Low level pally spells aren't the best anyway, but it's still annoying.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Exactly...

In case of Arueahalae is even worse. She worked in a brothel, had thousands of demon and demonologist dicks inside her every year for aeons. But for the mc, she demand love and commitment.
Classic college girl

One thing with Arueshalae, change to good aside, she'd sure have a lot of experience.

Thonius

Arcane
So I did some experimenting with the cleaner mod out of curiosity since so many people were swearing by it.

yMceEdW.png

Both manual and quick saves were taken on the same map in chapter 4's brothel. I played up to the same point on both playthroughs but on one I used the cleaner mod after every map I visited while the other I didn't have cleaner installed and this is the difference between the file sizes. about 1200 KB, so there is some difference but I didn't do as many quests in chapter 4 on the with-cleaner playthrough, and played an azata instead of an aeon.

Not as massive of a difference as I was led on to believe, and I don't know how much of an impact this would have on performance, and some of this difference could be because I did different quests related to different mythic paths or visited a couple extra side locations in the without-cleaner. I did more companion quests and visited a couple extra optional locations on the map in the larger file, it was my first playthrough so I basically took my time with it while I rushed on my second playthrough. Ultimately, I don't think this mod is at all necessary for a playthrough of the game like some people were saying, and I'm not actually sure if it made any difference. It definitely didn't make a significant difference.

Story wise and flavor wise Aeon is so much better than Azata, but mechanically I like Azata a lot more. I originally wanted to play a Druid Azata since they're both about nature but Azata's chaotic nature ruined that idea.
Back in the day aka in kingmaker, my saves were like 200 mb each.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
So I did some experimenting with the cleaner mod out of curiosity since so many people were swearing by it.

yMceEdW.png

Both manual and quick saves were taken on the same map in chapter 4's brothel. I played up to the same point on both playthroughs but on one I used the cleaner mod after every map I visited while the other I didn't have cleaner installed and this is the difference between the file sizes. about 1200 KB, so there is some difference but I didn't do as many quests in chapter 4 on the with-cleaner playthrough, and played an azata instead of an aeon.

Not as massive of a difference as I was led on to believe, and I don't know how much of an impact this would have on performance, and some of this difference could be because I did different quests related to different mythic paths or visited a couple extra side locations in the without-cleaner. I did more companion quests and visited a couple extra optional locations on the map in the larger file, it was my first playthrough so I basically took my time with it while I rushed on my second playthrough. Ultimately, I don't think this mod is at all necessary for a playthrough of the game like some people were saying, and I'm not actually sure if it made any difference. It definitely didn't make a significant difference.

Story wise and flavor wise Aeon is so much better than Azata, but mechanically I like Azata a lot more. I originally wanted to play a Druid Azata since they're both about nature but Azata's chaotic nature ruined that idea.
Back in the day aka in kingmaker, my saves were like 200 mb each.

Those are the compressed saves. You want to open the saves as zip files and look at individual savings on each map.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm fighting Staunton & co. My Main Character: 35 AC. His horse: 44 AC, reaches 46 with Angelic Halo. Seelah's AC: 37, her horse's AC: 40/42 w/ Angelic Halo. Camellia: 38 AC, probably would be 40 with the Angelic Halo.

I hope that's fucking enough?

Edit: ...aaand Lann ended the fight by critting Staunton in Round 2. :lol:

panda

Savant

Idk, i remember something related was in earliest patches. 0.2, or 0.3.

But i'm shocked how even most basic abilities or items(or spells) aren't working at all even after year of alpha/beta testing, yeah.
E.g. i wanted to try assasin demon because demon can, according to description, have two stacking bonuses to boost ability DCs. Well, nope. Works only for spells.
Ok, maybe it is description thing and those are only for CMB or demon's abilities DC or whatever, fine.
Let's grab aspect of brimorak then and enjoy +4 damage per spell die rolled, right? It's one of the most obvious, straightforward choices, has to be tested to oblivion, suuuure, no prob.. :hahyou:

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Your wisdom never fails you. The sorcerers, hardened from battles with goblins will be valuable alies against the demon hordes. :shittydog:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They didn't. Epic levels are not about stat bloated murderhobo liches smacking overgrown kobolds with daggers +18 in epuk kobold kapital. No matter how you try it result will be retarded. It should focus on writing, not on combat. And no one can write for shit in vidya.
If you really think about it, playing epic level campaigns is also a burden on the player's psyche as well. You shouldn't play more than one high level campaign in your lifetime, otherwise the feeling of epicness will wear off.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Two interesting things I found:
1. If you randomly go around Drezzen and talk to people at different times you can run into quests and little bits of info. Also I randomly walked into my Ziggurat and got a quest from the Pillar of Skulls lol.
2. I found out that Warpriest Stauton can cast his spells as Swift action but only on himself. I have not found this ability stated anywhere in Warpriest description?! It is super powerful as he can buff up every round with one spell for free while also doing attacks. Now that I found this I consider him stronger than before even with completely messed up build with stats and feats. If all Warpriests can do this, this is stronger than what Magus can do.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
1. If you randomly go around Drezzen and talk to people at different times you can run into quests and little bits of info. Also I randomly walked into my Ziggurat and got a quest from the Pillar of Skulls lol.
2. I found out that Warpriest Stauton can cast his spells as Swift action but only on himself. I have not found this ability stated anywhere in Warpriest description?! It is super powerful as he can buff up every round with one spell for free while also doing attacks. Now that I found this I consider him stronger than before even with completely messed up build with stats and feats. If all Warpriests can do this, this is stronger than what Magus can do.

Re: warpriest, yeah they can all do it a limited number of times a day. It's part of fervor, their level 2 ability. It can either do a positive / negative lay on hands thing or quicken a spell for self targeting. They're great f/c self buffers.

AwesomeButton

Patron
When the queen says:

Queen Galfrey: "Drezen was taken quickly - even more quickly than I'd anticipated."

I guess this is reactivity to the ingame time I took to finish the chapter?

I got Cloak of Resistance +3, Ring of Protection +4.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Re: warpriest, yeah they can all do it a limited number of times a day. It's part of fervor, their level 2 ability. It can either do a positive / negative lay on hands thing or quicken a spell for self targeting. They're great f/c self buffers.
Ah yes, now I read this lvl 2 ability and it is put in there kind of hidden unless you read it very carefully.

Also regarding 1. , this random quest that I almost missed at the end gave me another undead companion lol (he was a Paladin, now LE Cavalier)

AwesomeButton

Patron
You know the writing is shit when you are presented quests as if they are an automated phone line menu:

"What can you tell me about the demons with special powers?"
"A secret path? What are you talking about?"
"There's a patrol missing?"
"A dragon? What dragon?"

Mortmal

Arcane

See that , thats the stuff you should not encourage, role playing games are not competitive e-sport & streamers. If they want to the git gud and bragging about Skillz desiderius like crowd it will be without me. They should work on a moba instead, maybe they are. Its a miracle however someoene is able to finish the game in iron game mode with the number of game breaking bugs there is.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Final rant - who the fuck says "Thank you for your time" in fantasy? Did Gandalf tell that to Bilbo when the dinner with the dwarves ended?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom