Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

user

Savant
Playful darkness on core + additional enemy abilities was pretty viable with the angel-oracle solo. Used every buff available, distracted it with a couple of summons until I got a greater dispel in (with the roll 20 monocle), used radiant ground, dispelled it again for good measure, storm of justice to clear the rest so that it doesn't have a flank bonus and then and only then I was able to barely tank it (with only ~40ish ac w/o buffs), threw some bolts and radiant ground did the rest of the job. Pretty cool fight.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If they want to the git gud and bragging about Skillz desiderius like crowd it will be without me.
It was nice seeing you. The exit is right there.

For those who remained: Last Azlanti on Normal is not Last Azlanti on Unfair; and for me it is not about skill, but about the game stability. Which tipped me to start playing the game at last.

And why am I writing here instead of playing? Because I am going through the 7th portrait pack, and still cannot find the portrait I like.

Sunri

Liturgist
If they want to the git gud and bragging about Skillz desiderius like crowd it will be without me.
It was nice seeing you. The exit is right there.

For those who remained: Last Azlanti on Normal is not Last Azlanti on Unfair; and for me it is not about skill, but about the game stability. Which tipped me to start playing the game at last.

And why am I writing here instead of playing? Because I am going through the 7th portrait pack, and still cannot find the portrait I like.
describe your character and we will help find fitting portrait friend

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
describe your character and we will help find fitting portrait friend
A Neutral Evil plumekith aasimar, who is so wise that he learned to exploit the looks and the status of an Aasimar for personal gains. And what is the better opportunity for loot and connections than barrier-free access to another plane? Also, I will be using some old anti-Desiderius build for Kingmaker. And my hero is called Ygor the Reader.

The rest - I don't want to plan. I will turn off the hints for alignment requirements in dialogues, so it will be fun.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I think I've found it.

52c1bd0bf0.png

Yeah, not sure if it's just me, but on one of my saves, at level 4, Seelah didn't get spellcasting ability. So she's at level 5 with no spells. Low level pally spells aren't the best anyway, but it's still annoying.

Definitely not just you. I haven't tested it, but apparently this can be fixed by respecing her. I hope.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
OK, so I don't like the build I was going for. I did not read enough.

Thus, what alignment-independent build can suite a plumekith aasimar? Or which build can take advantage of high(-er) DEX and WIS?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
OK, so I don't like the build I was going for. I did not read enough.

Thus, what alignment-independent build can suite a plumekith aasimar? Or which build can take advantage of high(-er) DEX and WIS?

Monk, ranger, oracle, ecclesitheurge cleric, off the top of my head... Also that celestial sorcerer subclass that uses wisdom.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Monk requires Lawful.

However, a question: does monk lose bonus from a mental characteristic to AC if his alignment is changed from Lawful?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Monk requires Lawful.

However, a question: does monk lose bonus from a mental characteristic to AC if his alignment is changed from Lawful?

Fair enough, I was thinking that your questions about stats and alignment independance were two separate questions, not two related questions. The other suggestions should give you some room to consider concepts though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Crispy, the tavern fight can be a bitch if you go in unprepared or even just a bit underleveled. I did it with a level 5 party and it was a joke: the arsonists never damaged anything and the minotaur went down in a single round. IIRC, Thac0 did it at level 3 and it was a painful experience. Having Lann in the party really helps, since he can deal with everything everywhere without moving, but a couple uses of Haste are enough to end the whole thing quickly without any major problem (especially if you have Seelah with a horse).
Horse? At what level she has a horse?

that minotaur thing (which has p. good DR)
Keep in mind that the Paladin's Smite Evil automatically bypasses any kind of DR. Seelah with Power Attack should be able to take down that thing in a couple of rounds. Did you waste your Smite Evil previously during the fight?

Two of us dropped, and I just knew I had just spent the last TWO HOURS on a fight I'd have to re-do from the beginning.
I did that fight in TB mode and it didn't last nearly as long. Can't remember the exact duration, but it was probably around half-an-hour. Definitely less than an hour. I'm starting to think that the game might have bugged out, because everyone is reporting far longer times.

I remember I didn't use turn based sequential execution for that fight. And Wujif was nearly dead in fist few seconds of the fight, then bravely retreated to save his hide.
After being nearly obliterated in first few rounds of combat. It's crazy they didn't provided healing potions for this combat. Or someone who would do healing. Or didn't allow more than 6 party members. Aftter the first combat, nearly everyone was wounded.
Then enemy climbed on a wall, then leopard was send to deal with him. Then hordes of enemies climbed behind leopard and everyone rushed to save leopard, and these narrow pathways become completely filled by enemies going down, and they were nearly impossible to kill fast enough to save leopard. Spider lady switched to bow and tried to shoot these enemies near leopard. Which was probably bad idea because she has that glaive of fear that could reach enemies even on narrow pathways. Leopard killed his original enemy, and started to kill the rest of the enemies that arrived behind leopard. And eventually situation calmed down, and then gate ruptured and minotaur entered. And party members who shouldn't be close to enemy in combat were moving away from enemy, and party members who had armor and big swords were moving towards the minotaur, and it created a big road traffic block. And black strong woman decided to heal herself in the middle. Then she was send to melee with minotaur because she was only one who had a shield. Then minotaur fell. Nearby knights were lined as a last line of defense in case we would be obliterated were relieved they don't have to be obliterated in last line of defense. I'm not sure if minotaur was hit by hideous laughter or not...

I'm not sure if money from loot was even enough for new healing potions.

Yea easy fight... As long as turn based don't artificially block enemies on narrow path.

purupuru

Learned
A Neutral Evil plumekith aasimar, who is so wise that he learned to exploit the looks and the status of an Aasimar for personal gains. And what is the better opportunity for loot and connections than barrier-free access to another plane?
Sounds like a Freebooter or a Colluding Scoundrel, though the latter comes with an animal companion so it might not fit thematically.

Turuko

Learned

volklore

Arcane
I think I am going the shelve the game for now until more patches roll out because as much as I am enjoying it, there is so many small mechanical bugs that it kills the enjoyment of building a character.
The one that did it was Ode to miraculous magic (azata lvl 2 spell) does not give Will save DC to spells as it is advertised. And if such a simple spell does not work (the game even has an item with a similar effect that works fine), then it's highly likely that other mechanics won't work.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't understand why romance for good-aligned men, from regular one to epic should always be about forgiving a woman for from 100 to 10000 years of crime, eating babies and destroying kingdoms. Is that girl fanfiction thing? Perfect husbandu forgives waifu all?

Exactly...

In case of Arueahalae is even worse. She worked in a brothel, had thousands of demon and demonologist dicks inside her every year for aeons. But for the mc, she demand love and commitment.
Classic college girl

The unique difference is that Arueshalae doesn't come with a huge lifelong debt.

Galfrey is legit the dumbest character, no wonder she lost 4 Crusades..

Her place is not as a Queen. Her place is as a undead bitch slave.

See that , thats the stuff you should not encourage, role playing games are not competitive e-sport & streamers. If they want to the git gud and bragging about Skillz desiderius like crowd it will be without me. They should work on a moba instead, maybe they are. Its a miracle however someoene is able to finish the game in iron game mode with the number of game breaking bugs there is.

I disagree. It is not a E-Spoits competitive game. Is just a challenge run and streamers streaming their challenge runs.

kangaxx

Arbiter
How can they not have realised how unbalanced mage generals are in this? The balance team must be smoking the good stuff.

Worse.. I didn't look up tips before starting the game and hired a melee general! And the fun content is now gated behind this rubbish. Grrr.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom