Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Efe

Erudite
they even removed skill check tag from anevia's tranny question so you dont know that you failed the check at all

volklore

Arcane
Glitterdust is pretty sick too, I wish I had better melee dudes to really take advantage of that but an aoe blind is bonkers.
Grease peasants.
Yeah I'm a proud one now and basically cheesing the rest of the ch1 with mass crease and a bunch of archers. Including those whigts by the way, weren't bugged for me.
With selective metamagic, you don't even need to use crappy archers, just stand in the grease and melee the bastards !

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The real strategy is to have a bunch of crossbows shooting while Camilla super tanks. She doesn't need level dips or weird builds at all. She's just a natural

Weird Camellia is my weakest link in my lineup so far, Wenduag on the other hand is my super tank
She held everything back on core + additional behavior up until now. I gave her the tanky shaman abilities and she survives as long as I kill everything fast enough. There's been a couple deaths but she stands there and survives most of the time. Her and Lann are my MVPs. I have 4 archers and my druid so she was my only choice for a tank.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And why is the counter argument always this low IQ take on skill?

This is the problem with you retards. Because you act like a group with your fanatical attitude towards the game defending every aspect of it regardless of how shitty it is you think everyone else who DARES to criticize the game also acts like some consorted group when we are all just random individuals with our own unique experience.
I'll have you know the Codex is the top tier gathering place of e-sports players of single player RPGs, and this is very serious business.

razvedchiki

Erudite
mutation warrior looks really good, you only loose armor training which may be bad on the long run if there are +8 belts.
20 mutation warrior/20 slayer legend.

mounted combat implementation looks really bad, looks like they didnt implement a new system but used the existing companion one. and whats with taking your horse inside dungeons and getting through tiny passages with it?

Reinhardt

Arcane
The only useful magic is haste.
JHrYsqV.png

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The real strategy is to have a bunch of crossbows shooting while Camilla super tanks. She doesn't need level dips or weird builds at all. She's just a natural

Weird Camellia is my weakest link in my lineup so far, Wenduag on the other hand is my super tank

Wenduag is a super beast and I had trouble getting Camilla decent, went Warpriest with her, Cult leader to be specific that works quite well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
mutation warrior looks really good, you only loose armor training which may be bad on the long run if there are +8 belts.

mounted combat implementation looks really bad, looks like they didnt implement a new system but used the existing companion one. and whats with taking your horse inside dungeons and getting through tiny passages with it?
Don't overvalue +ab/dmg, there really are enough sources for that in the game. Otoh with armor training you could potentially tank, at least better than say Pala.

The levels in this game seem to p much on purpose designed for you to not abuse animal companions and enlarge (on everyone) this time.

Saravan

Savant

Wenduag is a super beast and I had trouble getting Camilla decent, went Warpriest with her, Cult leader to be specific that works quite well.

She is quite strong as pure Shaman class but you would need to focus in her rapier, fencing grace, mythic dex to damage, iceplant & battlemaster hex to stack AC. As pure class she can become pretty strong if played as melee offtank with focus on buff spells.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The levels in this game seem to p much on purpose designed for you to not abuse animal companions and enlarge this time.
Which sucks because they also added a druid archetype that focuses on making your animal companion enlarged.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Think I will give up on the game. I'm in chapter 2, visited some locations and it was all just random combat encounters that has no impact on anything. Tried out the pitiful crusader stuff and it's just not for me. There is no hook driving me forward. Combat isn't that great, honestly TB feels janky and unpolished, much more so than Kingmaker somehow. It's not enough to get a playthrough from me. Who thought fighting demons would be so damn boring? NPCs just drones on about stuff and I feel myself zooning out every time I talk to one. The companions are probably one of the worst ones I have ever experienced in any RPG, and I'm not exaggerating. They talk and talk, but seem to say nothing expect whining about some shit that does not matter. Nobody seems to want to be in the crusade and it spills over onto me making me not want to play it.

Man, was really looking forward to this, since Kingmaker turned out to be one of my fav modern RPGs, but this just feels so damn meh on all fronts.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is the most degenerate RPG medium I ever saw. And I bet anyone to show me an RPG more degenerate than this. Who is the MC (((crusading))) for, exactly? Well, the answer is right in front of you! strong feminist rulers, trannies, dykes, sodomites and general degenerates of every flavor and color. The entire game is a pure ball of autist filth, only something that a shut-in autistic tranny could come up and think this is "good and complex gameplay".

Lambach

Arcane
So is still in Early Access in all but name, or is it worth playing? I don't wanna get burned out playing a shittier version of the game and then miss out on it in ~6 months when/if it gets fixed.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So is still in Early Access in all but name, or is it worth playing? I don't wanna get burned out playing a shittier version of the game and then miss out on it in ~6 months when/if it gets fixed.

Wait a couple of months, it's mostly stable but there are still bugs galore and FPS is going up and down randomly

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the most degenerate RPG medium I ever saw. And I bet anyone to show me an RPG more degenerate than this. Who is the MC (((crusading))) for, exactly? Well, the answer is right in front of you! strong feminist rulers, trannies, dykes, sodomites and general degenerates of every flavor and color. The entire game is a pure ball of autist filth, only something that a shut-in autistic tranny could come up and think this is "good and complex gameplay".

It's good then that you can destroy them, don't you think?

Think I will give up on the game. I'm in chapter 2, visited some locations and it was all just random combat encounters that has no impact on anything. Tried out the pitiful crusader stuff and it's just not for me. There is no hook driving me forward. Combat isn't that great, honestly TB feels janky and unpolished, much more so than Kingmaker somehow. It's not enough to get a playthrough from me. Who thought fighting demons would be so damn boring? NPCs just drones on about stuff and I feel myself zooning out every time I talk to one. The companions are probably one of the worst ones I have ever experienced in any RPG, and I'm not exaggerating. They talk and talk, but seem to say nothing expect whining about some shit that does not matter. Nobody seems to want to be in the crusade and it spills over onto me making me not want to play it.

Man, was really looking forward to this, since Kingmaker turned out to be one of my fav modern RPGs, but this just feels so damn meh on all fronts.

Well the side content is the side content. I really enjoyed in Beta the story maps like the chapel, the swarm attack and the siege of Drezen. I am not sure where the expectation comes from that on a small encounter map happens anything special.

Codex Year of the Donut
from everything I've seen so far it's a decent clownworld simulator, so the bugs help it in that regard

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm into Act 3 and still haven't encountered anything significant.

Mostly just a few TB bugs related to charging and derping out pathfinding AI.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Combat isn't that great
I have about 0 clue how anyone who played PKM could say that here combat "isn't great" in comparison. The goddamn market square in Wrath has more variety in enemy encounters than whole PKM with copypasted overpowered wolves and undead cyclops. Try reaching main quest locations like Drezen siege.

It's better than the 1st one (seems like you can actually finish the game, lol) but I'd wait, absolutely.

Parabalus

Arcane
At least in C2 the HoMM gameplay seems fine. You can clear everything before Drezen no-loss.

Spellcaster also seems easier, as in the Beta.

Saravan

Savant
- I didn't play monk in KM, so the issue might be there, but the fact that Lann with his 50 move speed runs way ahead of my whole party like Ferrari is infuriating me a lot.

Oh good it's not just me who has this problem. Aivu (Azata dragon) does the same thing.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Btw funny how our resident horny lich in bg3 thread is "gaem starts with lvl 1 character captured by mind flayers! IMPOSSIBRU!" In Wrath lvl 1 character pew-pew from xir crossbow literal demon lord i.e. godlike being and survives "nah, it's ok. happens all the time"

I din't criticized having to escape in the beginning dungeon of BG3. Nor said that being captured by mindflayers is "impossible". I criticized mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting a dragon army. Dragons should't appear in low level D&D. Period. Unless we are talking about baby dragons.

Next time you will be defending lv 5 liches in sword coast legends.

Also, I never said that I liked the beginning of this game. But yes, people in times of despair do stupid shit. including using a crossbow vs a demon lord. Note that you are not entering in the underdark on lv 4 like you do in bg3.

but of course resident fanboy here sees it as yet another opportunity to defend the flawless game of the ages that is Wrathfinder.

Where I said that this game flaws are good? I never praised the beginning, never praised companions. In fact, I mentioned multiple times bugs that I had while playing the game.

. The endless and meaningless trash fights in the tutorial alone are an obvious sign of that. I honestly can't imagine playing this in turn-based mode, it will be such a massive slog.

Only use TB in hard fights and put 3x speed on animations.

feminist rulers

Play as a Lich, so you can put her in her place.

volklore

Arcane

Don't overvalue +ab/dmg, there really are enough sources for that in the game. Otoh with armor training you could potentially tank, at least better than say Pala.

The levels in this game seem to p much on purpose designed for you to not abuse animal companions and enlarge (on everyone) this time.
Mutation warrior gets tons of AC through mutagens too with the discoveries (mutagen upgrades + feral wings). Loosing armor training is mostly a problem for movespeed. This archetype kinda begs for being unarmored (with a monk dip down the line) imo because it might be a bit too slow ass in havy armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom