Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
That last update is very promising indeed. I am impressed by the clarity of purpose these updates are exhibiting.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guess this means that they took some serious lessons from Kingmaker, and are now prepared. Let's hope so. I don't want to suffer through patches breaking patches, again. That shit was a nightmare, Owlcat.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Do you even start a lvl1 in the AP? Or at higher level since mythic and blah blah

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Well. As long as this means I don't have to suffer through patches breaking the game, then fine by me. I remember being paranoid of updating the game, because the patches were THAT bad, lol.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
so instead of hiring QA they automated it?
very high risk of ending up with an abomination.
They also hired QA (a "sensible amount" they call it in the update, so we'll see how accurate that statement is based on how buggy the release is I suppose).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They also should keep the first hour with only easy encounters. Why? Game journalists only play one hour and if they encounter a swarm, will write a bad review "i can't use a fast swinging blade to solve everything from a swarm to a iron golem, 0/10"

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Larian also used a whole lot of automated testing and QA during D:OS II development, and it worked out quite well for them. This is a sensible strategy.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
>Two words: Creeping Doom. "Now I have a swarm. Ho ho ho."
What did the bone of grumpy mean by this?!

Haven't you seen Die Hard?
Sir, I am a mentally stunted adult. My entire mental capacity can be summarized by the amount of time I've wasted on Kingmaker. In short, explain the reference to me.

On the off chance that this was an earnest question...

In Die Hard, Bruce Willis' character kills one of the would-be terrorists at the bank Christmas party, takes his weapon, and sends the corpse back down in an elevator to where all the employees are being held hostage with the words "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." painted on his shirt:

now-i-have-a-machine-gun-die-hard1.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Sir, I am a mentally stunted adult. My entire mental capacity can be summarized by the amount of time I've wasted on Kingmaker. In short, explain the reference to me.

On the off chance that this was an earnest question...

In Die Hard, Bruce Willis' character kills one of the would-be terrorists at the bank Christmas party, takes his weapon, and sends the corpse back down in an elevator to where all the employees are being held hostage with the words "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." painted on his shirt:

now-i-have-a-machine-gun-die-hard1.jpg
Thank you! You are a good friend! And no I did NOT get the reference. Thank you for explaining it to me.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Jesus louisus are you serious, take 132 minutes away from your frenzied updating and watch Die Hard already.
If it helps, just think of John McClane as a monk with a gun.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you even start a lvl1 in the AP? Or at higher level since mythic and blah blah
Level 1, yes. I'm not aware of any APs that start the party higher. The first Mythic level is taken at L6 in the path, iirc.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I like rtwp more because positioning and the order in which you do things matters more. In turn based sometimes I'll just put my mages far back enough that nothing can reach them in one turn and if something goes after my mage I'll have plenty of time to react when it's my turn but in rtwp if a troll is running at my mage that's a big deal and I have to do something about it immediately. Also when there are multiple things happening in real time with pause it gets intense and you sort of have to do a cost- risk analysis of what's more important to focus on in the moment and what's worth your attention and what can sort itself out. That's also the reason I like RTS games. For these reasons I actually think rwtp is more strategic because there is a lot happening at once and you have to find order in it and decide where to allocate your limited resources. In turn based it kind of just feels like I can set up some safety parameters like keep mage 1 turn movement distance away from the threat and every thing will go fine.

Agreed, turn based is basically disability mode

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Nah, RTwP is disability mode. Because normal people of those who like dynamic flow of real time combat plays real time games. There is no need for them to mash pause button every fucking time when there encounter harder than flushed shit in toilet.
People who like playing chess - playing turn-based, people who like adrenaline in their veins - play real time. Only mentally disabled people need hybrid to feel illusion that they poses mental and physical prowess of normal person.

Vatnik Wumao
Waifufags on /v/ are dime a dozen, I'm talking about someone very specific. You know the one. He's in every infinity engine thread.
Yeah, the very specific lad that waifuposts, is jolly and goes on about how this or that character is "cute! CUTE!".
Guess this counts as a guilty pleasure, but his posts are somewhat endearing to me. That being said, he's still a cringy fag and should feel ashamed about himself.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
They also should keep the first hour with only easy encounters. Why? Game journalists only play one hour and if they encounter a swarm, will write a bad review "i can't use a fast swinging blade to solve everything from a swarm to a iron golem, 0/10"
Yes. We can't rely on gaming journalists because they're all babies that don't know shit. It's time developers started manipulating them. Maybe something like if you die 3 times on the first encounter it activates journalist mode and the rest of the entire game hold your hand through it all. I'm not sure what realistic measures the industry can take to fix this problem but they have to do something.

Tao

Savant
Do we know if craft feats are going to be implemented? I always wanted to make a wizard solo run with a personal golem and homuculus as companions :S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom