Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, all my negativity aside: Build experts! Desiderius! I want to go Necro path (Restarted from my Alchemist due to the new patch) with something like an Eldritch Knight build - Think Blackguard from DnD or PF Magus with more necro powers. What do you suggest? Bonus points if its flavorful.

Options:
For focus more on summoning but not completely sucking on melee:
Cruoromancer 6/Eldritch Knight 10/Sword Saint 4: You get a buff with +4 of constitution for your minions from Cruoromancer, what is pretty nice as the summoning perks dont work for undead. Eldritch Knight basically gives you 10 levels of fighter that counts as spellcaster levels, so you get a decent BAB and four basic attacks and if you crit, also you next spell will become a swift action, 4 levels of Sword Saint gives you +4 AC from intelligence, the ability of attacking AND casting spells on the same round. So, if you do a single crit on your turn, what isnt impossible with 4 attacks + haste and a rapier, you can do a full attack AND 2 spells on your round. Have some +concentration feats in there for those nasty attacks of opportunity;

Basically, for mages, if you wanna do some melee, you go for Eldritch Knight/Dragon Disciple/have some levels of fighter/ or some transformation into something. I prefer Eldritch Knight because multiclassing into fighter is only a good idea (if you wanna keep a decent spellcasting, if you are okay on losing spellcasting potential that is another story) is to fill the gaps necessary to get an extra attack. Also transforming into something, you basically lost a spellcaster to get another fighter and the whole point of a lich transformation is its spells.

Another possibility if you wanna go ultra minmaxed animu and focus more on spells/melee and less on summons:
1 scale fist monk/4 (Abyssal primary/Undead secondary bloodline) sorcerer/5 Dragon Disciple/10 Eldritch Knight. The advantage of this is that you will have a whooping +8 to strength that with one handed scimitars/falcatas/big two hander is pretty good damage+ AC from monk + 2 natural AC from Dragon Disciple, three attacks with Eldritch Knight and a extra spell if you crit. Also, most common undead will be vulnerable to fear if you have the undead bloodline, meaning if you get them into shaken status with fear spells for them/Dazzling display for the rest and have most of your frontline guys with shatter defenses, pretty much most of your fighters will be targetting that sweet flatfooted AC, spec them into slayers too for some sneak attack action too.

The major disadvantage here is that you will lose an extra spellcast a turn, the ability of crit touch spells consistently and you will have weaker/less undead minions.

A game with almost one hundred classes and people get obsessed with the ones that literally do nothing. DD can be good for a non-caster class that wants to get Dragonform and fight as a dragon. EK is just bad.

It’s like it’s too much to process so they throw up their hands. Good metaphor for the present nihilism I guess.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Is Aeon really worth it for a melee char? I'm split between Azata and Aeon. The first one gives me ton of useful abilities but writing of their main quest feel really cringeworthy. Aeon doesn't seem that interesting stat-wise but the questline seems decent.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Have to say, I'm not enjoying chapter 5 as much as I have the previous chapters, at least so far.

I think it's partially due to running into areas that don't feel as polished as the previous areas (had a couple of quest breaking bugs off the main path), partly due to having to do another crusade (when I've pretty much worked out how to exploit the mechanics so now it's just a tedious steamroll), partly due to me not really enjoying really high level DnD/Pathfinder content, and partly my MC having less options to do fun stuff now he's on the Gold Dragon Path.

Managed to get two of the fetch quest objects for that now, but have no idea how to get to
Baphomet's Inelutable Prison
so I can't find the last one.

Not sure if that is reliant on me progressing the main quest or not, but I'm reluctant to do that because the more of the game's main quest I play, the less fun I'll get to have with new Mythic path stuff.

Already messed up that once by not getting Mythic Tier 4 until I was around character level 13 or 14.

Vatnik Wumao
More Ember-related wholesome dialogue:
42ORRq7.png

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Fine? It’s awful. You’ve got better things to be doing in that slot by then.
Please educate me on what caster-based weapon you are referring to, that allows me to spit out more than 150 dmg on each enemy each turn. I guess somehow in your world clearing entire rooms worth of enemies in a single cast is trash, but I'm starting to think youre just full of shit and enjoy sitting in here shitting on everybody else for "awful" builds.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Is Aeon really worth it for a melee char? I'm split between Azata and Aeon. The first one gives me ton of useful abilities but writing of their main quest feel really cringeworthy. Aeon doesn't seem that interesting stat-wise but the questline seems decent.

Aeon's got some great stuff to play with. It has a ton of useful immunities, some great buffs/debuffs, it can use bane, and the spell list is very useful for a melee character, too.

Desiderius

Patron
Fine? It’s awful. You’ve got better things to be doing in that slot by then.
Please educate me on what caster-based weapon you are referring to, that allows me to spit out more than 150 dmg on each enemy each turn. Apparently in your world thats awful, but I'm starting to think youre just full of shit and enjoy sitting in here shitting on everybody else for "awful" builds.

The one it’s hard to miss in Ivory Labyrinth for starters. You should already have all kinds of ways to maximize and empower spells if you want to be nuking. Otherwise it’s going to be a long slog.

Good to hear that you’re starting to think. That’s half the battle. I’m not ragging on you guys to be a dick I’m ragging on you because you’re beclowning yourselves when you talk about the game being broken and your examples are barely playable.

When people restrict themselves to four or five meme classes that destroy the progression of the classes they chose to play in the first place that is awful.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Aeon's got some great stuff to play with. It has a ton of useful immunities, some great buffs/debuffs, it can use bane, and the spell list is very useful for a melee character, too.

Yeah depends on what rest of party is doing but Aeon is great for fighters with Divine Favor/Power and all its Swift Spells (the Bane has Dispel, Greater on it with Char level + mythic lvl on the check) and Azata great for casters.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Okay, all my negativity aside: Build experts! Desiderius! I want to go Necro path (Restarted from my Alchemist due to the new patch) with something like an Eldritch Knight build - Think Blackguard from DnD or PF Magus with more necro powers. What do you suggest? Bonus points if its flavorful.

You can easily go for a Sorcerer 6/Hell Knight Signifer 4/Eldritch Knight 10.

Human

STR 14, DEX 12, CON 14, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 19 (or go for a Sage Sorcerer and get INT 19 and just grab necromancy spells instead of going for the undead bloodline)

Pick up Martial Weapons Prof and Arcane Armour Training at 1st level, and grab one of the warrior backgrounds for free light armour proficiency.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Good to hear that you’re starting to think. That’s half the battle. I’m not ragging on you guys to be a dick I’m ragging on you because you’re beclowning yourselves when you talk about the game being broken and your examples are barely playable.
Well, I guess it's hard to take advice when it comes from someone who 10 pages ago wasn't even aware that True Sight ignored Illusion Concealment effects, despite it being stated in the tooltip. I guess reading isn't a skill being taught in that "Being a cunt on the internet" 101 course you seem to be taking.

But hey, good job for suggesting an item that "I shouldve gotten long ago" when the one I posted is accessible way before even setting foot into the Ivory Sanctum. Really shows how much you actually know.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meredoth in chapter 5 , do you know where is ciar ? supposed to be in the streets and he's no longer there anymore. it seems the quest is important for lich path, after upgrading the ziggurat , says to get rid of unruly advisors.

I'm sorry but I can't help you. I din't liked lich transformation and was more than satisfied with my current strength and decided to not undergo the transformation. because I treasure immersion a lot and a bloodless undead using blood infusions from Cruoromancer makes no sense IMO. So I can't help you. BTW, if you refuse to get rid of material possessions and the pleasures, Zacarius will be really pissed off and I liked it.

I will try to make a good lich only to see how things go.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Meredoth in chapter 5 , do you know where is ciar ? supposed to be in the streets and he's no longer there anymore. it seems the quest is important for lich path, after upgrading the ziggurat , says to get rid of unruly advisors.
If you're in Chapter 5 it's too late. The only way to get him as your third Graveguard is to do it before you head off to the Midnight Fane late in Chapter 3.

The requirements for getting the fourth one is also kinda fucky. Not certain of all the ways, but I think you have to get captured on the way to the final dungeon of Chapter 4 for him to show up.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, I guess it's hard to take advice when it comes from someone who 10 pages ago wasn't even aware that True Sight ignored Illusion Concealment effects, despite it being stated in the tooltip. I guess reading isn't a skill being taught in that "Being a cunt on the internet" 101 course you seem to be taking.

But hey, good job for suggesting an item that "I shouldve gotten long ago" when the one I posted is accessible way before even setting foot into the Ivory Sanctum. Really shows how much you actually know.

You’ve got me confused with someone else.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I'm actually pretty stoked about the Crusade Management (although worried that it will be too faceroll). Way better than any of the test versions.

As for Blightmaw I recommend this:

View attachment 20803

This was actually second hit - true seeing ignoring Images? Bad luck? anyway first damage I'd taken in awhile.
Guess this isn't you then, my bad. Must've confused you with someone else.

But in case you havent noticed yet, yes, Trueesight does ignore Concealment. You can usually dispell it off, though, so Blur+Displacement continue being very good, and its not like most enemies actually have Truesight. Blightmaw just happens to be the first one you run into.

As for myself, I'm currently in the Ivory Sanctum, and Plague of Madness is hard carrying me, same as it did in Blackwater. I'm not sure what ways youre referring to when youre talking about maximizing Lv6 and 7 spells, as Greater Maximize/Empower rods are not on the vendor list yet, I haven't come across any, and even if they were they'd be very limited.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom