Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lamiosa

Educated
Conan how do you dare to rate my post no ? Come here to explain your theory crafting or grovel and apologize !
Mythic feats allow you to bypass most elemental reductions. if you really want you can choose that path. However, it is a waste of time even when you can. A spell is best used to:

1. Buff
2. Debuff
3. Summon

If you are doing anything other than the above 3 you are doing it wrong.
well debuff wont work, they are immune to stat drain, negative level, mind affecting, even slow... Summon ok, but they are really there to get a turn or two of damage. Buff yes, but why spec a main character into this, use any of the compnanions to do it .
You can still do damage as caster with mythic spells or if you use basic spells and waste a mythic feat, but it will be inferior to buffed melee, who get extrmeely good gear in wotr.

Few enemies are immune to stun and baleful polymorph (the latter almost no one).

Mortmal

Arcane
If you are specifically asking for MC, for sure, if you want to max out fun play a gish. Magus (and archetypes), Inquisitors (specifically, Sanctified Slayers who can get animal companions, sneak dice and spells), or archery builds with magic (ranger, arcane trickster etc) are great.
Hybrid self bufffing martials are great yes, i am pretty sure my next run with sword saint will be ton easier than lich necromancer.

FriendlyMerchant

Pinkeye said I should copypaste this shit here. So here we go. Put 100 hours into this game. Going to put it down since I'm getting tired of the utter garbage in this game. Put 12k into Kingmaker. At least that was good enough game.

What a piece of trash. Kingmaker wasn't the best but it was decent at least. Now they've taken the Quantity over Quality approach to the extreme. They try to do a lot with a game that's way longer than the length of game they should be making with their time schedule. You'd think they'd learn their lesson after the game barely working in Kingmaker on release. They didn't. They released clunky mess of a game that turned out to be a huge disappointment. But they hire some orchestra to play the soundtrack so it must be good right?

I played this on Core rules which are supposed to be the same thing you'd encounter in tabletop. Though it seems they made the mistake of balancing the game around "normal mode" which is a misnomer as the normal difficult of pathfinder is what you find in tabletop. They also made the strange decision of making the encounters larger on Core rules for some reason.

Half of the spells and effects are inconsistent as to whether or not they work.

Encounters are either enemy spam or overtuned messes. Most of the game turns into prebuff, then clear the map. The overtuned encounters are just enemies that just spam spells or maybe have too high AB/AC given the level you encounter them. In some cases, you can easily overcome this with cloudkill. If not, you can run backwords and try to break their AI. Sometimes they spawn enemies behind you just because even though killed everything behind you and there's not way for something to pop up there with them being able to be noticed by you. But none of it is any good.

RTWP is still a barely developed mess with no attempt to innovate on the system like Kingmaker. Turnbased mode is still a broken janky afterthought. The old turnbased mod for Kingmaker even did it better. Though I don't think you should torture yourself with that since there are so many spam encounters intended to just waste your time.

The improved AI doesn't work as advertised. I'm not sure if AI spamming spells is supposed to counter or AI wasting time going after my backline while I simply just move them around until they start focusing on my frontline again. What a waste.

Class features may not work properly or may start out as working properly then stop working as they're supposed to. They increased the number of classes and kits. But this is to the game's detriment as most of those kits are just filler and often aren't worth taking over the base class. Most of the time there's usually a base class that does the thing the kit is trying to do better. The funny thing is that like the turnbased mode you can find a mod for kingmaker that adds a lot of classes to the previous game that does it better than Owlcat does with much fewer bugs that what Owlcat did in this game.

Crusade management system is absolute trash. I don't understand why they have to make a terrible version of HoMM5 when they're making a game where the point of playing is to have the pathfinder ruleset in video game format. It does nothing but take away from the experience and act to bar you from exploration if you don't want to play the minigame. You could set it on automode, but you might've guessed it, it's bugged and can break your game. If someone wants to play HoMM5, they can, though they'd be better of playing HoMM3 or 4. If someone wants to play Pathfinder, they don't want to play HoMM5. They don't want to play some shitty cardgame that counts as a loss condition if you ignore it and doesn't even work properly on automode.

I'm quitting this early because I'm tired of this trash. Kingmaker was at least decent. This is a total downgrade from Kingmaker. They learned from none of their mistakes and now they're making new ones.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah. It was painful watching the stream. I can tell he wasn't having fun. FOR THE RECORD! I asked him if he'd want to play Colony Ship instead, if I bought it - since I think it's an amazing game. He said no.

Mortmal

Arcane
Btw anyone here completed the enigma dungeon ? its really a pretty cool puzzle mega dungeon.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yeah. It was painful watching the stream. I can tell he wasn't having fun. FOR THE RECORD! I asked him if he'd want to play Colony Ship instead, if I bought it - since I think it's an amazing game. He said no.
Post the stream link

deama

Prophet
So I just reached lvl 20, but I can't progress my lvls anymore? It says next exp required as 3600000, but I have 3637251?
I thought the cap was lvl 40?
Do higher lvls unlock later in the story? I'm in chapter 3.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So I just reached lvl 20, but I can't progress my lvls anymore? It says next exp required as 3600000, but I have 3637251?
I thought the cap was lvl 40?
Only if you go legend

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho::whatho::whatho::whatho::whatho::whatho::whatho:

Just finished this piece of total shit lol. I feel like pissing vinegar at this moment. I had seen the worst ending in me history of playing games. I hope those faggots burn in hell for the shit i had endured!!! I would recommend you to just drop this garbage after chapter 4,after that is by far the worst pile of shit in any crpg! The ending was total retardation! The game is that buggy that it didn't even remembered my decisions and gave me wrong endings. Me country became pile of mediocre shit because i didn't do X or Y shit even if i did lol. Also it didn't accept that a lot of quests were resolved. Also the ending story is mega stupid,muh son died i will nuke the world.....RRrrrEEEEEeeee!

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So, to those beyond chapter 2, what's better for animal companions.

Keeping evasion?

Or taking Bulwark for the DR.

Note - I'm talking about a triceratops here. Not know for their high dex. But Animal Companion classes DO give a lot of reflex.

Go Dog and get Trips and iteratives.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ALSO LEGEND PATH IS MEGA BORING AND NOTHING COMES OUT OF IT,SOME MUH I AM IMPRESSED GARBAGE FROM RETARDED ENEMIES! COULDN'T EVEN PERMA KILL A SINGLE DEMON LORD!

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

EVERYONE GOT BETTER ENDING THAN ME,EVEN THE DEMON BITCH QUEEN GOT IT!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just finished this piece of total shit lol. I feel like pissing vinegar at this moment. I had seen the worst ending in me history of playing games. I hope those faggots burn in hell of that shit i had endured!!! I would recommend you to just drop the shit after chapter 4,after that is by far the worst pile of shit in any crpg! The ending was total retardation! The game was that buggy that it didn't even remembered my decisions and gave me wrong endings the end. Me country became pile of mediocre shit because i didn't do X or Y shit even if i did lol. Also it didn't accept that a lot of quests were resolved lol. Also the ending story is mega stupid,muh son died i will nuke the world.....RRrrrEEEEEeeee!
You know... you're really entertaining to read, but you suck at writing synopses.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Found the Dueling Sword. Very solid and right where I would expect it. Good show Owlcat. The one everybody gets isn’t awful with auto-sicken on crit but the +3 seems to Bypass DR more than the +2 and Axiomatic is a nice reliable damage packet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just finished this piece of total shit lol. I feel like pissing vinegar at this moment. I had seen the worst ending in me history of playing games. I hope those faggots burn in hell of that shit i had endured!!! I would recommend you to just drop the shit after chapter 4,after that is by far the worst pile of shit in any crpg! The ending was total retardation! The game was that buggy that it didn't even remembered my decisions and gave me wrong endings the end. Me country became pile of mediocre shit because i didn't do X or Y shit even if i did lol. Also it didn't accept that a lot of quests were resolved lol. Also the ending story is mega stupid,muh son died i will nuke the world.....RRrrrEEEEEeeee!
You know... you're really entertaining to read, but you suck at writing synopses.
I will come and rape your arse,faggit!!!! I am red in the moment,don't care about grammar garbage,go get arse raped!!!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
ALSO LEGEND PATH IS MEGA BORING AND NOTHING COMES OUT OF IT,SOME MUH I AM IMPRESSED GARBAGE FROM RETARDED ENEMIES! COULDN'T EVEN PERMA KILL A SINGLE DEMON LORD!

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

EVERYONE GOT BETTER ENDING THAN ME,EVEN THE DEMON BITCH QUEEN GOT IT!

So basically
Trickster path: Kinda broken, lulrandum
Lich path: Broken
Legendary hero: Literally nothing

Good fucking job Owlniggers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom