Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What I want to know if the TB mode is just a grafted-on afterthough like in Deadfire or it's actually a respectable way to play the game (or even the optimal way).

TB mode worked beautifully in Kingmaker. Don't see why it should be different here. It was basically about 1 difficulty level easier, though.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Strong sales are good. I was afraid we might have another PoE2 situation, but at this rate, there will definitely be more Pathfinder games in the future. Thank god.

There's definitely a market, and demand for this kind of RPG, despite how little resources there are online for newbs.

I've said it in the PoE thread too, but to simpletons like me the marketing material for PoE2 made it look like a pirate game. I want knights vs wizards, no matter how many times it's been done already. I simply don't give a flying shit about renaissance or pirate settings.

I usually play, or at least buy, isometric (cavalier oblique) cRPG's the moment they come out. But while I'm definitely in their target audience, I couldn't give 2 shits about PoE2 when I saw its launch trailer and material.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
May your playthrough be pleasant and furrrrrfilling.

See on the other side, bros! I'm going in - deep - and without caution.

ferratilis

Magister
Strong sales are good. I was afraid we might have another PoE2 situation, but at this rate, there will definitely be more Pathfinder games in the future. Thank god.

There's definitely a market, and demand for this kind of RPG, despite how little resources there are online for newbs.

I've said it in the PoE thread too, but to simpletons like me the marketing material for PoE2 made it look like a pirate game. I want knights vs wizards, no matter how many times it's been done before already. I don't give a flying shit about renaissance or pirate settings.

I usually play, or at least buy, isometric (cavalier oblique) cRPG's the moment they come out. But while I'm definitely in their target audience, I couldn't give 2 shits about PoE2 when I saw it's launch trailer and material.
I'm probably in the minority, but the pirate setting attracted me to PoE2 even more. It felt like something new at the time, and I was hungry for a new RTwP game because DOS2 didn't impress me. They were probably hoping many PoE1 fans would feel the same, which apparently wasn't the case and they fucked up by requiring you to know the story of 1 to play 2. It's sad that we'll probably never see another isometric PoE game, but they brought it on themselves.

Owlcat, on the other hand, handled their sequel much better and will deservedly get much better results.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Screenshot (27).png

See you on the otherside.

I've said it in the PoE thread too, but to simpletons like me the marketing material for PoE2 made it look like a pirate game. I want knights vs wizards, no matter how many times it's been done before already. I don't give a flying shit about renaissance or pirate settings.

I usually play, or at least buy, isometric (cavalier oblique) cRPG's the moment they come out. But while I'm definitely in their target audience, I couldn't give 2 shits about PoE2 when I saw it's launch trailer and material.
I'm probably in the minority, but the pirate setting attracted me to PoE2 even more. It felt like something new at the time, and I was hungry for a new RTwP game because DOS2 didn't impress me. They were probably hoping many PoE1 fans would feel the same, which apparently wasn't the case and they fucked up by requiring you to know the story of 1 to play 2. It's sad that we'll probably never see another isometric PoE game, but they brought it on themselves.

Owlcat, on the other hand, handled their sequel much better and will deservedly get much better results.

People can pretend like it's pirates that sunk PoE2, but we all know it's because PoE1 was ultra mediocre, despite the grandstanding of reviewers. Wrath of the Righteous won't suffer the same fate, because Kingmaker was actually good.

Yep. Larian is popular among game journos like this guy who could't play the enhanced editions in story mode.

So what. Game journalists loving a game is a point against the agme, not in favor of te game. BTW, the game is in top 1 global seller. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

Fuck. This may be the worst review of anything I have ever seen. Usually gaming journos screw up doing their jobs by providing no deep analysis and acting just as marketing department for big corporations. This review is as if someone was actively trying to make the worst review possible, as if someone was trying to prove that no matter how low journos go, there is a potential to go even lower. I am on the verge of being impressed.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Your animal companion has a class and feats

you can name it to:D

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Give it to me straight, folks. How buggy is it? Is it playable? I can't deal with another Kingmaker release.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. Larian is popular among game journos like this guy who could't play the enhanced editions in story mode.

So what. Game journalists loving a game is a point against the agme, not in favor of te game. BTW, the game is in top 1 global seller. https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

Fuck. This may be the worst review of anything I have ever seen. Usually gaming journos screw up doing their jobs by providing no deep analysis and acting just as marketing department for big corporations. This review is as if someone was actively trying to make the worst review possible, as if someone was trying to prove that no matter how low journos go, there is a potential to go even lower. I am on the verge of being impressed.

Yep. As I've said. game journos like this liking any game is a indicative AGAINST the game quality, not in favor.

BTW, Wrath is way more optimized now than in beta.

Give it to me straight, folks. How buggy is it? Is it playable? I can't deal with another Kingmaker release.

CAn't judge the stability with less than a hour of gameplay but the beta of wrath was more stable than kingmaker months after release(at least for me)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom