Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
It is a interesting enemy, you basically cannot resist being Overun, you got nowhere to move out of the way and then when you are rising up he gets AoO that cannot miss.

I'm fairly certain if you engage it in melee first, it won't Overrun into your backline.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
NWN > DA

DEAL WITH IT.

Oh, I fully agree. DA was maybe worth one playtrough. With the annoyance of redundant fighter skill trees and lots of tedious trash fights.

NWN was my most played game, by far. 6 years of my nearly exclusive gaming time. No other game came anywhere close, ever. Campaign, player created mods. But granted, most of this time was spent on 2 Persistent World servers.

Rieser

Scholar
Got this dialogue that had me make two will checks, where the first one was d20 + 13 skill value and the second d20 + 11 skill value. What is this number derived from?
If it was the Shamira Will-Checks against her trying to pry the information about Nahyndrian Crystals from your memory, that is intentional.
Throughout the conversation, she starts casting mind-affecting spells on you as you pass the checks, including a nasty -10 Will Saves mindfog for the last one. You can typically fail one of them and have the Hand of the Inheritor help you out, or if your saves/spellresist is high enough, you can resist all of them by yourself.

I see. Well that makes a lot of sense of an otherwise incomprehensible value.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Can someone explain what these numbers are even supposed to mean?
For example, here is the armor class table from AD&D
image.png

So if you have 2 AC, you have equivalent protection as someone wearing Plate Mail + Shield.

So, what does "100AC" represent in Pathfinder? Surely it's not just some silly anime-tier powerlevel number that keeps going up with no real meaning... right?

You jest, but the official version in Pathfinder is that AC represents how hard it is to hit you, not how good your armor is. To quote: "Your Armor Class (AC) represents how hard it is for opponents to land a solid, damaging blow on you."

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is a interesting enemy, you basically cannot resist being Overun, you got nowhere to move out of the way and then when you are rising up he gets AoO that cannot miss.

I'm fairly certain if you engage it in melee first, it won't Overrun into your backline.
He gets engaged with Babau and he still did Overrun
OK, I finally won. It was basically reload until my mages stop rolling less than 5 on their check vs enemy SR so their Enervates actually do anything. On the other hand tree gets all high rolls including 20s lol

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, is this a bug.. I took 1 Loremaster level with my wizard and didnt' get +1 caster level with it or new spells to pick.. Loremaster in PnP pathfinder is supposed to give caster levels on all levels..
I merged my spellbook with Lich, maybe this is somehow the cause..

Are you serious that ppl were bitching about how core is so so so so hard and that the companions alone cant help you beat the game on.... core?

hausdahuisdhjsdahjkasdhjsadhjdashjkdsahjkds

omg is this reseteratards or veterans in the genre?

you cant even be considered a pathfinder if you didnt beat the game on insane
"Core" now is a lot easier than it used to be during the beta, for a start.

That aside, I'm not sure the difficulty is really the main point.
If I was autistic about the difficulty I could consider playing it at Unfair, even if it's conceptually garbage in many ways.
But I don't think "getting a high difficulty" out of a game is an added value per se. Having a system where all parts play by the same rule and make a good use of the options available to them is far more interesting.

Then again I'm not really sure what you are really blabbing about, exactly.
What posts are you referring to?

Codex Year of the Donut
So, what does "100AC" represent in Pathfinder? Surely it's not just some silly anime-tier powerlevel number that keeps going up with no real meaning... right?
Rusty. Rusty. Rusty...

Rusty.

Rusty.

Maybe don't insist so much on numbers inflation when this is the shit you shill for:

rusty.png

Ok?
Wasn't aware that Divinity Original Sin 2 took AD&D out back and raped it then murdered it, my bad.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wasn't aware that Divinity Original Sin 2 took AD&D out back and raped it then murdered it, my bad.
D&D 3.x has nothing to do with AD&D. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

WotC did to the corpse of AD&D nothing more than what Bethesda did to the Fallout franchise, and yet you have no problem whatsoever with shilling for fucking Fallout 4 and 76. All your criticism towards this game has absolutely no substance and ultimately comes down to you just wanting to shit on it because you hate Owlcat by default. Most of the times it's funny, but it gets staler and staler with each passing day.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Starting to plan my 2nd playthrough for after I play Trudograd.

Thinking of making a 2h warpriest with mythic vital strike. I wish they'd implemented the furious focus feat though. It's perfect for Vital Strike builds.

Probably do Aeon for 2nd playthrough.

Codex Year of the Donut

WotC did to the corpse of AD&D nothing more than what Bethesda did to the Fallout franchise, and yet you have no problem whatsoever with shilling for fucking Fallout 4 and 76. All your criticism towards this game has absolutely no substance and ultimately comes down to you just wanting to shit on it because you hate Owlcat by default. Most of the times it's funny, but it gets staler and staler with each passing day.
grahams-hierarchy-of-disagreement-en-svg.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

But the point is exactly that you aren't making any point, rusty. How can someone refute "this game isn't based on AD&D and I liked that edition better" ? Sure, enjoy whatever you want, but what kind of engagement do you expect from others? (apart from my clear butthurt, I mean).

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
image.png
So if you have 2 AC, you have equivalent protection as someone wearing Plate Mail + Shield.

You jest, but the official version in Pathfinder is that AC represents how hard it is to hit you, not how good your armor is. To quote: "Your Armor Class (AC) represents how hard it is for opponents to land a solid, damaging blow on you."

It's true, 100AC has a very real meaning, that is the equivalent of a 5th gen jet fighter, you ain't hitting that with your gnome hooked hammer, you use other means like spells that target weak saves, aka dissing the pilot's mom so he lands and comes demanding a fistfight.

Codex Year of the Donut

But the point is exactly that you aren't making any point, rusty. How can someone refute "this game isn't based on AD&D and I liked that edition better" ? Sure, enjoy whatever you want, but what kind of engagement do you expect from others? (apart from my clear butthurt, I mean).
You seem to be the only person that was unable to understand my point about how they took a mechanic that had a clear representation of what it meant and just made it mean nothing.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
You seem to be the only person that was unable to understand my point about how they took a mechanic that had a clear representation of what it meant and just made it mean nothing.
Ok, I surrender. You win: this game is clearly based on AD&D and they ruined how AC works. FUCK YOU, OWLCAT! FUCK YOU AND YOUR TRANNYFICATION OF THE ARMOR CLASS!

Parabalus

Arcane
image.png

Good thing RPG systems evolved away from this fossil.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've never liked AC being a representation of both armour and your ability to evade.

There was an unchained alt ruleset for PF that replaced armour bonuses with DR that could stack with class features, it ended up being way too complicated and unbalanced though.

IIRC it was awful for light armour/dex based characters and amazing for martials in medium or heavy armour.

Shadenuat

Arcane
IIRC it was awful for light armour/dex based characters and amazing for martials in medium or heavy armour
If you want realism that's how it would be though. Having some armor, in general, is advantageous, unless dex fag would either try to run or grapple. And neither armored person would automatically be lame moron with no dex who is not also accurate and skillful.

A Fighter in AD&D is better at fighting than a Rogue. Because Fighters Fight. And Rogue has different things to do.

You can't shove realism into an RPG where you are unrealisticaly shoved into all situations in similar manner (only fighting).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom