Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm going either Devil or Legend, but eh. Caedus Svolus can retain his trusty Bucephalus and give it some armor. :obviously:

kjysZn5.png
Making an umpteenth reroll in a 666 hour long game, eh? What happened with the horned edgy guy?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
She only ate human flesh once, that really doesn't count. The rest she did to amass strength at all cost, something anybody sane trying to organize an army to fight literal hell spawn can relate to. The choice for her was obvious
Also, it was a steak made of an aasimar. Who would've declined to taste the meat of a semi-celestial being?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Piece of trash game. Basically more of the first one, including all the bugs. Definitely Codex GOTY 2021, some things never change.

PS: Also, no Linux version? Go fuck yourselves with a horse.
Me Ed is a wholesome show not a degenerate donkey dicking mexican menagerie.

Mauman

Learned
So, I take back what I said about the Triceratops. Turns out the tool-tip for it LIES as the stats are nowhere near correct. It's actually pretty good.

Since it has no secondary attacks, it's also a good pick for bulwark companion.

Parabalus

Arcane
What does the 7500 gold given to Irabeth give you?

Doesn't say after you spend it, how many recruits is it?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It kinda feels desperate to me. "If I take her, she'll love me and won't stab me in the back unlike those children she fed to demons". Same with those women and Ted Bundy, "if I love him, he'll change".
"If I take her we might have some fun together, we could taste many delicious steaks , and in the end she either stabs me in the back, or we will die in the Worldwound, or I will eat the Worldwound and her as well". Life is short, especially on the frontline.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

Again, if you're confident you (the PC) can convince her that's you, take her. It really plays out like that in game, she's completely loyal that way.

Reminds me of One of Many from MoB, he will also stab you in the back if you try and cuck him, but play nice and he's the most loyal of them all.
So, yeah, there are no guarantees, which is the problem with her. People like her are like wild animals, you can't trust them they won't turn around and eat you at any moment. One of Many isn't like that, if you go along with its perversions and allow it to feed it stays loyal to you no matter what. It's not a coin toss whether it will deem stronger than you.

She wouldn't have gone with you anyway, somebody who is so insecure, she would have smelled the pussy on a you a mile away

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, not trusting her after all that she has done is definitely just insecurity on my part ;d

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lann being the more evil of the two, maybe it makes sense to take him instead of her, just to keep an eye on the little Trotsky.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm going either Devil or Legend, but eh. Caedus Svolus can retain his trusty Bucephalus and give it some armor. :obviously:

kjysZn5.png
Making an umpteenth reroll in a 666 hour long game, eh? What happened with the horned edgy guy?
Hard to decide on a build, fam.
I mean, there's respec. Isn't it much more convenient to try out something different when the lvl is higher? This is the kind of game where it's really justified for new players I think. With the locked option for higher difficulties/while being expert on the game of course.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hey Mer, how are the bugs in later chapter?

So far, I encountered more bugs in ch 2 and 3 than in ch 4 or 5. But is just me.

Isn't it weird how the game has been reviewed by "professional" critics yet not one of them bothered to mention these things? Almost like they don't actually play the games they review...

They play like the prologue and review a 100 hour game with base in 40 minutes of gameplay

Piece of trash game. Basically more of the first one, including all the bugs. Definitely Codex GOTY 2021, some things never change.

PS: Also, no Linux version? Go fuck yourselves with a horse.

Judging a game without even trying it. But I agree. Linux should get a version.

--------------------------------

Anyone here is playing in Azata mythic path? I'm curious about the spells + dragon companion + "superpowers"

Troglofil

Novice
How long is the first tavern fight normally? It took me 49 turns. I think those ruszki bastards scripted the fight that way that you have to kill certain key units, otherwise the cannon fodder waves don't stop. I put one cultist to sleep early in the fight, well, it was a big mistake.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How is he more evil than her?
A misguided youngster convinced of his moral superiority, and that he is "on the side of good", combined with actual power, is one step away from a tyrant.

Spidergirl is looking to climb a ladder of power, what you see is mostly what you get, save the occasional backstab, which is not hard to predict. Lann is looking to overthrow everything he sees as unjust in the world. Which one is more dangerous? Somewhat reminds me of Anders from DA:O.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
A misguided youngster convinced of his moral superiority, and that he is "on the side of good", combined with actual power, is one step away from a tyrant.
This is, actually, a very post-soviet way of thinking. Westerners who never lived in a totalitarian state gash about Che Guevara and the likes, so a young trotskist is what they consider a hero, and a tough survivalist - a villain.

Vatnik Wumao
Does he have any ambitions for power besides possibly becoming the leader of the mongrel tribe(s) though? Seems like just your average idealistic goody two shoes fantasy companion to me.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This is, actually, a very post-soviet way of thinking. Westerners who never lived in a totalitarian state gash about Che Guevara and the likes, so a young trotskist is what they consider a hero, and a tough survivalist - a villain.
Not strictly post soviet. If you check out Hannah Arendt and Karl Popper, their writings can teach you to spot dictator wannabes easily. You are right that they are not studied enough in the West though, apparently are politically inconvenient.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Does he have any ambitions for power besides possibly becoming the leader of the mongrel tribe(s) though? Seems like just your average idealistic goody two shoes fantasy companion to me.
I didn't keep him around to learn much about him really. But their respective pledings at the end of the Shield Maze gave me enough idea. I picked Spidergirl, because she was less annoying ultimately :D

Vatnik Wumao
I didn't keep him around to learn much about him really. But their respective pledings at the end of the Shield Maze gave me enough idea. I picked Spidergirl, because she was less annoying ultimately :D
I didn't like either tbqh. Just sided with the spidergirl since I don't particularly enjoy having goody two shoes types in my party regardless of my PC's alignment. For companions of good alignment, I prefer them to be more 'traditional' (e.g. holier than thou paladins or more down to earth warriors).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Well, he was willing to kill spidy girl over her lack of pureness, also he didn't consider the ramifications of how his way of handling things would lead to more suffering for his community, while spidy girl tried to avoid exactly that, she's a pragmatist, he's clearly a dangerous idealist

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom