Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sometimes you do it just out of spite for the loss of money.

Been there many times :)

Stop it then. Too much life to live for that bullshit.

Perhaps, but you would have "wasted" that time anyway, at least from a shoddy product you get some rage out of it and you can shit-post about it - instead of having it be a total loss. But yeah, I rather just avoid that, save my money and only play good games.
ikr? this guy saying people are wasting their lives while he sits there thumbing his ass and playing a game for 50 hours just like the rest of them lol.

Codex Year of the Donut
Can anyone find me a single so-called professional reviewer who reviewed this game and mentioned any bugs? Use an archiving service if possible.

There aren't many reviews for the game at all, it is uncharted territory.

I did expect the part in beta to be relatively polished (compared to kingmaker anyway) and rest to be broken. It just seems to be the case.

I guess it is best to wait at least a few weeks for them to go through the most egregious or plain gamebreaking bugs first before I commit 40 hours to this game.
I learned my lesson with kangmaker, I'll just wait until the super duper ultra deluxe director's developer's cut edition in a year

Stokowski

Arcane
How many chapters are in the game,5 ?
if only. 6 I hear
and from what pnp masters say, ch5 has some of the most retarded writing in history (something with discussions on natur of human soul with iomedae or something)

With any luck, they'll have an option like in Kingmaker where you can complete the game without the last chapter. (I did this entirely by accident and was perfectly satisfied by the ending. Couldn't understand all the complaints about the awful combat in the "final chapter".)

Shadenuat

Arcane
And reroll. Turns out that inteligent warrior sucks at being lone class
hm, really shouldn't. buffed maneuvres should be good in this one. depending on what difficulty you are playing need more of them cmb stacking boni.

instead of gaspin like primadonna because my special haplobuttons need turn based ah i cant muh saint muh tb ah, I planned to roll at least one fighter 20 to kill enemies with feats, just like sensuki would do. I am thinking gold dragon path and, I wonder if I can make one who uses fists/claws to play Mink from Dragon Half, crushing golems with fists.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Can anyone find me a single so-called professional reviewer who reviewed this game and mentioned any bugs? Use an archiving service if possible.

There aren't many reviews for the game at all, it is uncharted territory.

I did expect the part in beta to be relatively polished (compared to kingmaker anyway) and rest to be broken. It just seems to be the case.

I guess it is best to wait at least a few weeks for them to go through the most egregious or plain gamebreaking bugs first before I commit 40 hours to this game.
I learned my lesson with kangmaker, I'll just wait until the super duper ultra deluxe director's developer's cut edition in a year

Kingmaker was particularly bad and felt rushed out the door. This one doesn't seem that way, especially with the long beta-testing period. It still has gamebreaking bugs apparently but shouldn't take that long to fix.

Parabalus

Arcane
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

Again, if you're confident you (the PC) can convince her that's you, take her. It really plays out like that in game, she's completely loyal that way.

Reminds me of One of Many from MoB, he will also stab you in the back if you try and cuck him, but play nice and he's the most loyal of them all.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I like how game constantly throws new enemies at you, shadow demon in the basement, babau penetrating greedy shaneekwa. You are never feel safe and confident.

So vast majority of the dialogue is voiced now? Maybe the only advice/lesson, beside not doing direct sequel, they could've taken from Sawyer and PoE 2 was not to do fully voiced and they ignore that one. I wonder how big chunk of the budget they spent on VA.
?
Sawyer said that it was hell doing it on a tight schedule, but it was one of their most well received improvements over the first game.
He also stress that it’s somewhat expected now and fairly important because streamers HATE having to read to their audience.

That aside, this game is nowhere near fully voiced. It could be 20-30% at most.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hm, I wonder whats up with 30h mark, I definitely won't be past Ch4 in just 30h. Wonder if they managed to break something which wasn't broken in beta.
well, owlcats gonna owlcat.

the most common problem I seen they fight now is GPU overheat.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sometimes you do it just out of spite for the loss of money.

Been there many times :)

Stop it then. Too much life to live for that bullshit.

Perhaps, but you would have "wasted" that time anyway, at least from a shoddy product you get some rage out of it and you can shit-post about it - instead of having it be a total loss. But yeah, I rather just avoid that, save my money and only play good games.
ikr? this guy saying people are wasting their lives while he sits there thumbing his ass and playing a game for 50 hours just like the rest of them lol.

Jinn is a bro :cool:

I do agree that playing a game you hate seems pointless, when you can play games that you enjoy instead. But there is something with playing, or watching trainwrecks too. There is satisfaction of shit posting about it especially if money was involved, that is all. Not saying this game is a trainwreck though, I'm enjoying it, just wish it had A LOT better and interesting companions instead of a gang that resembles something from the movie Warriors.

Jinn

Arcane

Hey there internet tough guy! The clear distinction here is someone enjoying their time with a game and someone forcing themselves to play it for the "lulz". I'll thumb my asshole as long as it takes as long as I'm enjoying it. The people thumbing their assholes just to show the world how cool they are for it despite the obvious discomfort it's causing them are the morons. This is to use your metaphor only, of course.

I'm not going to shit up this thread by responding to you further, or discussing this topic. Have fun though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can you murder everyone even love interests right when they wanna fuck or whatever?

Can you become the new demon overlord and destroy the world? Wrath of the tyrant.

Can you pull the moons or asteroids into the planet killing everyone of force the planet into the sun? Can you turn the world into hell incarnate?

Shadenuat

Arcane
hm no i don't think game gives you an option to crush the moon into golarion, in particular.

maybe in Viktor DLC.

ChildInTime

Learned
Sci-fi > Fantasy

Dd7rKVM.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah! Or release a bioweapon and manipulate the populace via fear, deception, and heavy handed politics?

create a sexslave ring or harem?

Vatnik Wumao
As a Cavalier whose order only allows for you to pick a horse at first, can I discard it in favor of some more exotic mount later on?

And also, will a mount permanently occupy a companion slot?

Parabalus

Arcane
Magic essence locations in C1 (there are 6, you really want 5 to craft the cat):

Tower of Estrod
Blackwing Library (secret door)
Gwerm's mansion
Grey Garrison (first floor, perception check on rubble)
Grey Garrison (2nd floor, behind mobility check)
One more, not sure where
Belt buckle is in market sqaure
brimorak house

As a Cavalier whose order only allows for you to pick a horse at first, can I discard it in favor of some more exotic mount later on?

And also, will a mount permanently occupy a companion slot?

No, you're stuck with a horse.

Mounts are companions, they don't use slots.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

Again, if you're confident you (the PC) can convince her that's you, take her. It really plays out like that in game, she's completely loyal that way.

Reminds me of One of Many from MoB, he will also stab you in the back if you try and cuck him, but play nice and he's the most loyal of them all.
So, yeah, there are no guarantees, which is the problem with her. People like her are like wild animals, you can't trust them they won't turn around and eat you at any moment. One of Many isn't like that, if you go along with its perversions and allow it to feed it stays loyal to you no matter what. It's not a coin toss whether it will deem stronger than you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom