Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I wonder how big chunk of the budget they spent on VA.

Too much, because it's shit. Turn it off. Makes the game worse.

Perkel

Arcane
God damn it i wanted to play intelectual warrior and story starts with me being essentially palladin...

IT would be cool if ny atheist background would cause glow to not glow and end game at that point lol.

Ehrenmann

So vast majority of the dialogue is voiced now? Maybe the only advice/lesson, beside not doing direct sequel, they could've taken from Sawyer and PoE 2 was not to do fully voiced and they ignore that one. I wonder how big chunk of the budget they spent on VA.
Not the majority, only "important" dialogues which usually means the main plot.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Gray Garrison was a good dungeon but the boss battle was kind of shit. One thing I loved about Kingmaker was that each chapter made sure to have a big dungeon crawl(check, grey garrison was good) and a good boss battle(Not the lich.) Hope this game keep that trend.

Really enjoyed that battle where the guy summons the swarms. Spider web to stop all the enemies while my 4 crossbowmen pick them all off and the spiky hole spell took care of the swarms sans one that got hit with some fire. Took me a while. Glad swarms made it back in.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Enough people complained about swarms in kingmaker so the madmen at owlcat made the main antagonist the demon lord of locusts. I'm imagining the final boss battle is Deskari hitting you with his scythe while locust swarms close in on you from all directions unrelentlessly until you kill him.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Demons and their resistances and debuffs make for an interesting game. Having to find cold iron or good weapons to deal with threats while fighting your way through a post apocalypse town is thematically cool, even if it is just the first chapter. Reminds me of baldurs gate and the good feeling of finally getting a magic weapon so you don't have to deal with breaking weapons.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. I don't plan to play as a swarm who talks but it is great that you can play as one.

BTW, I din't liked lich transformation, but lich powers are amazing. You can reanimate even the supreme Bitch and a Iconic "hero" from ch 1 too. Can be reanimated. But he is pretty powerful. He OHKilled my party with wail of the banshee after OHKilling armies of fey in kingmaker, I tasted my own medicine

tZrjvJA.png

uIOfJi4.png

F1Y1zDY.png

taMzIQV.png

taMzIQV.png

All screens here > https://imgur.com/a/ZNuDotS

BTW, if someone ever decide to fight Zacharius, despite he being a lich he is far more dangerous

In melee. He has a lot of powerful buffs and hit like a truck

He has 14 levels in sorc and 20 as fighter when he "becomes big"

I din't expected it from a lich.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
How do you remove death's door? The prompt says to go to the healer in capital, but it seems to be leftover from Kingmaker. Do I need to wait until I get access to greater restoration?

Codex Year of the Donut
So vast majority of the dialogue is voiced now? Maybe the only advice/lesson, beside not doing direct sequel, they could've taken from Sawyer and PoE 2 was not to do fully voiced and they ignore that one. I wonder how big chunk of the budget they spent on VA.
codex heavily underestimates how many people refuse to buy unvoiced games

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Demons and their resistances and debuffs make for an interesting game. Having to find cold iron or good weapons to deal with threats while fighting your way through a post apocalypse town is thematically cool, even if it is just the first chapter. Reminds me of baldurs gate and the good feeling of finally getting a magic weapon so you don't have to deal with breaking weapons.

Agree with this wholeheartedly, urban warfare in RPGs is criminally underused. Especially besieged or overrun cities. Using a barricaded inn as a base of operations as you push through destroyed market square to reach towers, mansions, libraries or other points of interest is so interesting and appealing.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you remove death's door? The prompt says to go to the healer in capital, but it seems to be leftover from Kingmaker. Do I need to wait until I get access to greater restoration?

You can rest in a safe location, the Defenders heart Tavern for example and Later the city you re-conquer.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Agree with this wholeheartedly, urban warfare in RPGs is criminally underused. Especially besieged or overrun cities. Using a barricaded inn as a base of operations as you push through destroyed market square to reach towers, mansions, libraries or other points of interest is so interesting and appealing.

The whole setting has been interesting for me. It's a great change of pace, and unique to be starting off in a city completely under siege. Neverwinter Nights did it, but managed to make it completely uninteresting. Though that was largely in part attributed to the terrible gameplay. Here, I've felt on my toes at every turn.

Codex Year of the Donut
codex heavily underestimates how many people refuse to buy unvoiced games

So what? The game has piles and piles of dialogs, the standard of fully voice acting lead to a huge decline in the quality and quantity of story telling.
vtmb is regularly considered to be one of the better written games on the codex and its entire shtick is good voice acting + facial animation

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't see most characters taking on spiderlady after the revelation (tm). She's obviously deranged and untrustworthy even if you are playing as an evil character. There has to be some kind of video game writer summit in which the problem of evil characters/companions is discussed and regulated because it's ridiculous.

She will remain completely loyal if you're worth it.
I'm sure of that, but the problem is that you don't know this unless you take her with you. Why would you do this, however? She
is a traitor, eats human flesh, lures children to be eaten or converted, admits to wanting to kill/backstab a life-long companion (Lann), and fights you at the boss battle.
Who would say to themselves "yeap, she's trustworthy alright" after that? Maybe an evil character can take her in chains and use magic/drugs or intimidation in order to control her, but that's a stupid decision imo. She hasn't even proven herself to be a very competent fighter either.

She only ate human flesh once, that really doesn't count. The rest she did to amass strength at all cost, something anybody sane trying to organize an army to fight literal hell spawn can relate to. The choice for her was obvious

You're also judging her from a human perspective, even though she's a mongrel.

Just an arrogant PC is enough to take her.
And Hitler gassed the Jews only during WW2, so let's take him in the party too. She worked for the demon cults ...in order to get strength to fight the demon cults? She literally says she did everything because it was convenient for her, there's no altruism here. Good and neutral characters have no reason to take her, while evil characters shouldn't trust her because she's obviously unpredictable and ready to backstab anyone and work for the other evil dudes (your enemies in this case).

Shadenuat

Arcane
BTW, I din't liked lich transformation, but lich powers are amazing. You can reanimate even the supreme Bitch
Heh.
So that's how their promised romance option looks in the morning without makeup.
All you need is some lichdom to reveal it.

All more reason to romance Daeran.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
And reroll. Turns out that inteligent warrior sucks at being lone class. It seems to be more like second class for cleric or something like that.

BTW are there many companions in the game or is it like PoE or Kingmaker where you had only handful of them ?

Codex Year of the Donut
And Hitler gassed the Jews only during WW2, so let's take him in the party too
what kind of answer were you looking for here on the codex?
It kinda feels desperate to me. "If I take her, she'll love me and won't stab me in the back unlike those children she fed to demons". Same with those women and Ted Bundy, "if I love him, he'll change".
furries are deranged, nothing you can do about it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom