Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. I don't plan to play as a swarm who talks but it is great that you can play as one.

BTW, I din't liked lich transformation, but lich powers are amazing. You can reanimate even the supreme Bitch and a Iconic "hero" from ch 1 too. Can be reanimated. But he is pretty powerful. He OHKilled my party with wail of the banshee after OHKilling armies of fey in kingmaker, I tasted my own medicine

tZrjvJA.png

uIOfJi4.png

F1Y1zDY.png

taMzIQV.png

taMzIQV.png

All screens here > https://imgur.com/a/ZNuDotS

BTW, if someone ever decide to fight Zacharius, despite he being a lich he is far more dangerous

In melee. He has a lot of powerful buffs and hit like a truck

He has 14 levels in sorc and 20 as fighter when he "becomes big"

I din't expected it from a lich.

Hey Mer, how are the bugs in later chapter? So far I had only the Banner of Defence one (which can be solved by letting demons siege your fort and then taking it back).

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
btw why people play with companions if they don't like them? Just hire mercenaries?
not enough cash yet
Yeah, making you pay 4500 per merc is just stupid. What's the gameplay rational for this? It's not like you can ever have more than a set amount of characters in your party. I think the devs just want to punish players for not picking their shitty companions.
You are asking them to charge into the middle of almost lost war against the demon horde. No, seriously, nigger, you are so petty and cheap. No merc worth his price would deal with you anyway.
No merc materializes out of thin air looking exactly the way you want them to either, sperg.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
The worst bug in the game right now is that scimitar model's scabbard is misaligned and stays sideways at a 90 degree angle to the sword. Also the basic scimitar model is a horrendous disney Aladdin meme. Thankfully later models look good.

Codex Year of the Donut
steam reviews of bugged chapters are now starting to flow in
:popcorn:
image.png

image.png

(notice they're all roughly within the same playtime)
nobody could have predicted this

Isn't it weird how the game has been reviewed by "professional" critics yet not one of them bothered to mention these things? Almost like they don't actually play the games they review...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it worth going one level in warrior for my wizard, for the weapons perk and such, or is it a waste? Should I just pick martial later on down the wizard path? Kinda like the idea of my wizard man fighting with a blessed sword in hand.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a yuge amount of negative reviews ranging from 27-35 hours about being completely unable to continue playing the game due to bugs. So, I'd guess that's about where it starts.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
image.png

image.png

Isn't it weird how the game has been reviewed by "professional" critics yet not one of them bothered to mention these things? Almost like they don't actually play the games they review...
Well, that's sad. Still though, 34 hours of fun with a good PnP based RPG before the bugs get unbearable is better by light years opposed to going to debilitating 2 hours of catastrophicaly demeaning latest 2 movies in the Starwalker saga you could also call bug-ridden (narrative and SW destroying-wise).

Codex Year of the Donut
Can anyone find me a single so-called professional reviewer who reviewed this game and mentioned any bugs? Use an archiving service if possible.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
They were over the refund time. Why shouldn't they just play it for the lulz after that?

Because you don't play something you don't enjoy playing just for the lulz. Unless you're a fucking no-life lunatic.
He didn't say he didn't enjoy it, he said there was unavoidable gay content and he didn't recommend it.

That said, you're wrong even if he were claiming he didn't enjoy it. Ever seen a show called Best of the Worst? It's full of bad movies. Movies you'd never want to pay full price for, but are good for a laugh. Especially if you've already paid for the thing and can't get your money back.

That's how I see this game. If you can get it without paying or have already been suckered into paying, it might be good for a laugh, but it's nowhere near worth full price.

It's a B-movie tier piece of shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sometimes you do it just out of spite for the loss of money.

Been there many times :)

Stop it then. Too much life to live for that bullshit.

Perhaps, but you would have "wasted" that time anyway, at least from a shoddy product you get some rage out of it and you can shit-post about it - instead of having it be a total loss. But yeah, I rather just avoid that, save my money and only play good games.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
image.png

image.png

It's pretty impressive how even the negative reviews state that the game is great. Almost like... this will be a legit masterpiece once the worst bugs get solved. A tranny masterpiece, but a masterpiece nonetheless. :dealwithit:

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't see most characters taking on spiderlady after the revelation (tm). She's obviously deranged and untrustworthy even if you are playing as an evil character. There has to be some kind of video game writer summit in which the problem of evil characters/companions is discussed and regulated because it's ridiculous.

She will remain completely loyal if you're worth it.
I'm sure of that, but the problem is that you don't know this unless you take her with you. Why would you do this, however? She
is a traitor, eats human flesh, lures children to be eaten or converted, admits to wanting to kill/backstab a life-long companion (Lann), and fights you at the boss battle.
Who would say to themselves "yeap, she's trustworthy alright" after that? Maybe an evil character can take her in chains and use magic/drugs or intimidation in order to control her, but that's a stupid decision imo. She hasn't even proven herself to be a very competent fighter either.

She only ate human flesh once, that really doesn't count. The rest she did to amass strength at all cost, something anybody sane trying to organize an army to fight literal hell spawn can relate to. The choice for her was obvious

You're also judging her from a human perspective, even though she's a mongrel.

Just an arrogant PC is enough to take her.
And Hitler gassed the Jews only during WW2, so let's take him in the party too. She worked for the demon cults ...in order to get strength to fight the demon cults? She literally says she did everything because it was convenient for her, there's no altruism here. Good and neutral characters have no reason to take her, while evil characters shouldn't trust her because she's obviously unpredictable and ready to backstab anyone and work for the other evil dudes (your enemies in this case).

Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her. Her behaviour is extremely predictable.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can anyone find me a single so-called professional reviewer who reviewed this game and mentioned any bugs? Use an archiving service if possible.
I doubt any reviewer played 30+ hours to get to these bugs. Having written one review and one retrospective now, I can kinda sympathize. If you have to churn out a bunch of reviews quickly, you don't have the time and energy to play through the entire game, especially loooong games like CRPGs.

Codex Year of the Donut
I doubt any reviewer played 30+ hours to get to these bugs. Having written one review and one retrospective now, I can kinda sympathize. If you have to churn out a bunch of reviews quickly, you don't have the time and energy to play through the entire game, especially loooong games like CRPGs.
Then the review is worthless.
30 hours is still the intro part of a cRPG.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

There aren't many reviews for the game at all, it is uncharted territory.

I did expect the part in beta to be relatively polished (compared to kingmaker anyway) and rest to be broken. It just seems to be the case.

I guess it is best to wait at least a few weeks for them to go through the most egregious or plain gamebreaking bugs first before I commit 40 hours to this game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Goods shouldn't take her, that much is obvious.

Disagree on the trust part, she's very upfront that she'll stand with whomever is strongest - if you're confident that will be you, you take her.
Who gets to decide who is strongest, though? What's stopping her from betraying me when we face Deskari and she decides he's stronger? "I stand with the strongest" is an even worse case to make for her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom