Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

Codex Year of the Donut
is the dlc included in the gamepass version?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Explore ancient ruins for precursor knowledge, and use it to unlock a whole new line of Phoenix Point weapons and technologies. But beware: you won't be the only one seeking to control this ancient knowledge. New rivals will rise up as the legacy of the ancients is revealed to humanity. Launches on Wednesday, August 26, 2020.

Includes:
NEW Story Missions and Cinematics
NEW Procedural Missions and Mission Types
NEW Enemies and Pandoran Evolutions
NEW Maps, Biomes, and Environments
NEW Points of Interest and Means of Exploration
NEW Resources and Ways of Obtaining Them
NEW Research and Technologies
NEW Weapons and Equipment

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So, what's the state of the game right now? Tried to play in in winter, and my squaddies changed gender between 2 prologue missions, thus decided the game is too buggy.

randir14

Augur
What's wrong with the graphics settings? If I select the Ultra preset I get 50 fps, but if I select Very High and then manually raise everything back to ultra, I get 120 fps.

Polanski

Scholar
I tried to play the New version/dlcs for around 5 hours yesterday, and while it definitely feels a lot better, it is still incredibly unfinished.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I tried to play the New version/dlcs for around 5 hours yesterday, and while it definitely feels a lot better, it is still incredibly unfinished.
True, it feels a lot better compared to the incredible mess that was the alleged "1.0", but very far from being good (or mediocre, the best this "game" can eventually achieve).

Last edited:

Polanski

Scholar
The tutorial forces you to put your guys right in front the enemies and then lets the enemy hit you until your guy would have died, but is instead kept artificially alive for no explained reason. That does not seem like a good way to teach a system.

Also the tutorial mission aliens uses weapons that the aliens has not evolved yet. Again unexplained.

Then you are forced to take a mission, where you are not allowed to control the load-out, meaning that they have too little ammo for a horde of enemies and I was forced to lose most of my guys and restart without the tutorial.

Then, the first tech I researched told me that I was now able to view the mutation level meter for the world, which I was not and I believe that feature is no longer included.

This was just the first hour or two of gameplay.

cpmartins

Cipher
The tutorial forces you to put your guys right in front the enemies and then lets the enemy hit you until your guy would have died, but is instead kept artificially alive for no explained reason. That does not seem like a good way to teach a system.

Also the tutorial mission aliens uses weapons that the aliens has not evolved yet. Again unexplained.

Then you are forced to take a mission, where you are not allowed to control the load-out, meaning that they have too little ammo for a horde of enemies and I was forced to lose most of my guys and restart without the tutorial.

Then, the first tech I researched told me that I was now able to view the mutation level meter for the world, which I was not and I believe that feature is no longer included.

Oh, had the same problem. Tutorial mission wants me to get the boxes with 5 shity guys and then throws 15 enemies at me at once. Brilliant game design.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tutorial missions are terrible in nuXcom as well, and it has the same problem as Phoenix Point - there is a lot of story points being presented in them. I remember with the expansion for nuXcom the game forces one of your guys to be captured. Really dislike how these tutorials are presented.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I see nothing bad here. And they want you to get hit so they teach you how to heal. But realistically if you ever played any Xcom like game in your place I would not admit I played a tutorial of any other Xcom like game..

cpmartins

Cipher
Shit son I paid for this shit, might as well get the full experience. But I'll skip it now that I know it's trash.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

I see nothing bad here. And they want you to get hit so they teach you how to heal. But realistically if you ever played any Xcom like game in your place I would not admit I played a tutorial of any other Xcom like game..
It shows how terribly unpolished the game is. If you get so many wtfs during the tutorial, expecting the actual game to be any better would be weird.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It shows how terribly unpolished the game is. If you get so many wtfs during the tutorial, expecting the actual game to be any better would be weird.
Tutorials are often just so badly done in games.

And I just don't get it.
Tutorials are among the most important parts of a game - way more important than final bosses (since way less people will ever actually see those).
A game's first impression is quite possibly the most important impression.

What I get is that you have to cheat a little in tutorials in this kind of game to get certain points across.
But this can be done so much better.
instead of forcing players to send units to specified positions, build a level so that they only can be sent along a certain path.
To show how healing is done, let the first few enemies shoot with a certain number of guaranteed hits, damage, etc.

Now, if this was early access, and not fully released (at least I see no EA sticker or such on EGS) with full price and DLCs already out to be purchased.

They might fix and improve it eventually, of course, but by now I don't even think it will be finished by the time it is released on Steam.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You might have different expectations.
I will agree that tutorial is kind of strange but the rest of the game is much better.

lightbane

Arcane

So far it seems that PP is a Chink copy of Nu-Xcom, with all that entails.

Brinko

Arcane
Did this piece of shit ever add those behemoths that you would land on to drill neurotoxin into? I remember that from the fig campaign but with how much of a train wreck Gollop has produced I stopped following the updates of this shit after January.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom