Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there any reason to get this over Xcom2+Wotc when it will be on Steam? Genuine question, no sarcasm
Since you are a popamole player probably not for you. Mario vs Rabbits is more for you.

I would like some answer from one that doesn't work in the game marketing department.
But I know you better than those. Nobody that enjoys new Xcoms as much as you do will enjoy playing a real game.

Xcom 2 is a great game. Being edgy, hardcore and alternative just to show a personality in the codex does not change the game quality.
Ah I see you cannot let go of your fake gods. No salvation for you.

The only fake god here is Gollop I am afraid
You will be catapulted through Gollop chamber into hell for this blasphemy. And in that hell you will only be able to move once and shoot once.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

giphy.gif

jac8awol

Arbiter
lol at these jokers charging $60 for something I paid around half of that almost 3 years ago! Sure early backers pay less and gamble on a project even reaching completion, but this one was mismanaged, misguided and dishonest, and now they expect to get top dollar for it? Gimme a break!

I remember them saying they didn't give a shit about their promises to the fans (paraphrasing a bit) because Epic money meant they turned a profit no matter what. So it's not like they were desperately looking at Steam sales down the line. Ok yes bugs have been squashed in the Epic (not) early access but if anything, we've seen the project shift further and further away from the original vision. That plus the woeful attempt at hitting DLC deadlines makes this project incredibly flaky. Why should they deserve to charge more than something like Cyberpunk? Do they think that year-old graphics and systems somehow make their project appreciate in value? The whole debacle is just ridiculous and I feel sorry for anyone who buys.

All that said, I'm looking forward to giving the game a real run when it's done and all the DLC promises are finally kept, probably another year from now.

Mazisky

Magister
I don't get the "worth the price" argument.

If a game is bad, it's bad even given for free. Lower price doesn't magically make it worth it.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

If a game is bad, it's bad even given for free. Lower price doesn't magically make it worth it.

Wait for Year 2 Complete Gollop edition with all DLC at a discount price of max 20 dorrars. I know i will. Plenty of good games in the backlog :)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Don't miss out on your key!
Because you backed Phoenix Point before March 12, 2019, you are entitled to a free key for Phoenix Point: Year One Edition on your platform of choice.

In order for us to get you your key prior to launch, we need to know what platform you want to receive your key on. Please take our one-question survey below, so we can get you the key in time for launch on Thursday, December 3! If we don't receive your response by November 30, 2020, we cannot guarantee we will be able to get you your key in time for launch.

Also note: you are additionally entitled to keys for DLCs 3, 4, and 5 when they release. We will deliver your keys to those via the platform you choose on the survey, when they become available.

FFS.
I missed that survey among other spam.

edit.
https://forums.snapshotgames.com/t/...-i-want-my-backers-key-what-should-i-do/12102
The survey was closed on the 1st of December.

If you missed the survey please write from the email that you used for backing Phoenix Point to contact@snapshotgames.com. State if you want a key for Steam or GOG.

We will send these keys manually which will take some time, so please be patient.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wait for Year 2 Complete Gollop edition with all DLC at a discount price of max 20 dorrars. I know i will. Plenty of good games in the backlog :)
Apparently there might be a discount at release but we don't know how much yet.

GrainWetski

Arcane
You're not wrong but you're still retarded since that is only the case because this is in the same tier of garbage as the FiraXCOM crap you shill as the second coming of Christ.

The fuck I just watched? This games once solid looking aesthetics took such a nosedive since KS days...

:negative:
They decided to appeal to Firaxis retards in every possible way a long time ago. The problem with that tactic is that those same retards only care about the name of the developer.

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Next-Gen Tech with Classic Pedigree: Phoenix Point was designed by Julian Gollop, the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s. Integrating the core ethos of X-COM while updating the visuals, technology, and systems to modern standards has made Phoenix Point best-in-class.
I wanted to post a joke about the release, but they preceded me.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
They decided to appeal to Firaxis retards in every possible way a long time ago. The problem with that tactic is that those same retards only care about the name of the developer.
The bigger problem is that the first nuXCOM was a big commercial success, but the formula pretty much run out with it. Thinking you can strike a motherload by making a cheap knockoff of something that was a cheap knockoff in the first place is beggar's belief.

And yet, whenever someone thinks about making a tactical game in current year, it seems they just can't fucking resist making it nuXCom.

Last edited:

Mazisky

Magister
Imitating the Firaxis model while having 1\4 of the budget will result in a bad and cheap clone.

Just do something different

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was not monitoring the game while it was on EGS, so I had a pretty vague idea about it's early problems.
But I've just tried the game and it looks pretty good so far.
ArchAngel Could you give any insight on differences between difficulty levels? I started on "Hero", is it worth restarting on "Legend"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom