Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

jf8350143

Liturgist
So if you have 20 dex, you get 80% extra Stride? Or is it 40%?

I feel like you can kite the shit out of enemy if it's 80%.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Finally finished my all-melee challenge run,

3 god challenges done, many more to go:

challenge.jpg

Bonus:

560130_20190209034904_1.png

560130_20190220201250_1.png

and no, wasn't waiting for the vela buffs :lol:

was fresh out of forgotten sanctum when the patch suddenly dropped, only thing left to do for today was sailing to ukaizo

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
If you spare The Master Below, and use the amulet on dragon hunter, does it show up at all in Deadfire? I'd wager a guess that it doesn't matter at all.

bataille

Arcane
After spending my evening downloading and installing the game on my ancient HDD, it turns out that Unity, for some reason, spazzes out (the task manager says it starts using 16 gb of ram out of the blue and then dies) when it's time to create the main character. And google shows a variety of inquiries of the same nature that date from the game's release to present day, with community managers promising to look into it and eventually fix it! Waiting the year to finally play the game has paid off!

Pathfinder it is, I guess. Shame. I was very hyped up to try the TB mode. :?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After spending my evening downloading and installing the game on my ancient HDD, it turns out that Unity, for some reason, spazzes out (the task manager says it starts using 16 gb of ram out of the blue and then dies) when it's time to create the main character. And google shows a variety of inquiries of the same nature that date from the game's release to present day, with community managers promising to look into it and eventually fix it! Waiting the year to finally play the game has paid off!

Even your computer does not want you to roll an elf. Repent!

bataille

Arcane

Even your computer does not want you to roll an elf. Repent!

Five. Five elves!

Do not fret! Now I can make SIX elves in Pathfinder! Wee.

Parabalus

Arcane
If you spare The Master Below, and use the amulet on dragon hunter, does it show up at all in Deadfire? I'd wager a guess that it doesn't matter at all.

Falanroed will then be one of the (absent) pirate leaders at Dunnage, click on one of the empty chairs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's better to kill the Adra Dragon, I think you get back your dragonkilling ability. Keeping her alive gives you nothing.

Parabalus

Arcane
Unless it was added in one of the patches you don't get them (like you do effigy's resentment) so it's irrelevant powergaming wise.

You get to brag about killing dragons at several places though.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I bet everything you did in first one turns out like that in Dumpsterfire, just a small flavor here and there.

Parabalus

Arcane
Meeting Maneha in the tavern, without even being able to initiate dialogue (!!!) cemented it being Dumpsterfire for me.

bataille

Arcane
I never thought I'd say it, but silver coin's incessant spamming with the same screenshots in random threads inspired me try and make it work again. Through some experimentation, I discovered that it's one of the DLC packs that reintroduces a previously fixed bug (apparently, they fixed the RAMapocalypse on character creation in one of the previous patches) that only appears in some environments. It's probably OS or video driver-related.
Three hours later, I must say that the TB mode, while not awfully deep, makes the game feel so, so much better than the first game. Except some cringeworthy texts, the game has been delivering greatly so far. Pretty excited to continue it today.

I made an elven barbarian companion.

Tigranes

Arcane
Finally ready to try the DLCs & Turn-based & God challenges for the first time. Had a quick trial run and it feels pretty cool. Of course, if the very thought of anything Pillars leaves you with a headache, then nothing can save it, but I really like how they've gone the extra mile to put in some post-release options that really do significantly change the experience. Similar challenges for IE games or other RPGs would have been pretty awesome.

I'm thinking about Eothas + Ondra + Abydon, POTD, story companions - meaning the stringent time limit & item degradation forces you not to powergame the most optimised party, but to roll with whatever you can cobble together with the time & money you have. Anyone tried this? Too much? I wanted Eothas + Woedica but thought that might be a bit crazy.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
A few people tried Eothas+Abydon and couldn't finish all the DLC content.

My favorite combo is Galawain - Berath - Magran - Abydon - Skaen - Rymrgand - Woedica.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, I suppose Eothas might stop me getting to all the new content. That's OK, if it gives me a different experience throughout.

I like Galawain and Skaen in particular. Magran seems nonsense unless you use AI, and I never understood why I'd want to get a party-based RPG and then strip away tactical control.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I like that the tb mode lets heavy armor + 2h weapon actually attack more than once a month. Sawyer would patch that out immediately if he knew about it, I bet.
Can also turn off all the the combat info and actually enjoy what's going on on screen... And see what's going on in the first place.

Doesn't help the games other flaws, of course, but it's something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom