Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've had my new video card for less than a week and I've only played once. I'm finishing up my German course on Friday and I'll have more time after that. I am also moving to Germany in like 3 weeks too, soooo.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who is going to win the sales?
Kingmaker,a glorious incline made by honourable Rus or a diablo rip off made by incompetent hacks?
Let's pirate both of them and find out!

I'm continuing my second playthrough with 3 gods' challenges, and it's a lot of fun. I didn't expect to be having fun on PotD, but I am, for now at least. Just got out of Deadlight and returned from Dunnage, currently in Oathbraker's Whatever dungeon on my way to Neketaka. I may actually do some more side content before I enter there, because I have like 15 ingame days left of my time limit (Eothas challenge) to progress the main quest, and if I enter Neketaka I will cross over to the next time limit. My RPG instincts tell me I should use the free time to farm some XP.

10 realtime hours in this playthrough for now. I wonder how much will it take me to finish the game with the time limit.

I made a completely custom party this time, but I am occasionally taking companions in order to progress their quests (for the XP ofc). I accidentally Xoti, when I didn't take her to the dig site. Guess she goes on her own and dies to the Young Drake there, hehe. Anyway, it's a bummer because I lost her companion quest now, but I'll find a way to compensate.

It looks like I'll be able to do the Seeker, Slayer, Sawyer expansion with my current party. Once again I decided to take the risk and make a specialized wizard (after my last IWD playthrough), once again I made a conjurer, and once again I forgot that this way I will lose all Evocation (and Illusion) spells :/ It's not strictly bad, but it's a new style for playing with a wizard. In the worst case, I may have to repsec. I feel kind of limited in crowd control abilities right now, which are important on PotD, but I'm managing.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking crocodile boss! Good thing I picked up that "$15 for all DLCs" deal :lol:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire/updates/806

Update #56 - Seeker, Slayer, Survivor and Patch 3.0 Release Day!
POSTED: 09/25/2018

Greetings, Watchers,

Our newest DLC, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and Patch 3.0 are available today! In Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, Watchers will not only be able to tackle combat that challenges that test their penchant for destruction, puzzle-solving skills, and resource-management in the face of waves of foes, but also track down the mysterious malady that is plaguing the island of Kazuwari - and discover the island's ruthless purpose.

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor Launch

Prove your worth in the crucible of Kazuwari, where the arena's masters and their worshipers exalt the victorious and delight in the blood forfeited by the defeated. Something corrupts the spirits that dwell in the very stones of the crucible, and only you can uncover its secrets. In this new DLC for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
  • Seek glory, treasure, and truth in an arena designed to test the mettle of you and your party.
  • Slay your way through the most challenging foes you have ever faced, both past and present.
  • Survive the trials and whims of the spirits and their worshipers to prove you stand above even the greatest the Deadfire has to offer.
Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is now available on Steam, GOG, and Origin, with Mac versions coming soon.

Patch 3.0
New Berath's Blessings! New Magran's Fire challenge modes! A new mega-boss!

There's a lot of new in Patch 3.0, and we can't wait for the community to experience all we have to offer. Check out some of the highlights below:
  • New Magran's Fires Challenges
  • Eothas' Challenge - Players must complete the game in a certain amount of time
  • Galawain's Challenge - Beasts have random buffs set throughout the game.
  • New Berath's Blessings
  • Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items for those Watchers who have sticky fingers.
  • Legendary Crew - Three veteran sailors from the Kraken's Eye tavern are willing to cut you a great deal. Hire these experienced sailors for cheap!
  • Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced!
  • Mythical Discovery - The Watcher's starting armoire has a Mythical Adra Stone that can upgrade any one legendary quality item to Mythic!
  • Spider Queen Megaboss - Belranga has arrived and if the feedback by our beta testers is any proof, she's as terrifying as we were hoping she would be. Hunt her down now to find some...mouth-watering rewards
And these are but a few of the giant patch that is 3.0! Check out our full 3.0 Patch notes, or go see the changes live in-game now!

Scrimish: Pillars of Eternity II Pack

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-56%2Fupdate-56-scrimish-clear--thumb.png

In case you didn't know, we partnered with Nexci back in 2017 to crowdfund a Pillars of Eternity II version of their Scrimish card game. Protect your companion in this strategic card game while hunting down your opposing player's companion in this 10-minute battle of wits and misdirection! If you missed out on its Kickstarter run, fret not, for you can check it out on Amazon.

Physical Rewards Update
We've confirmed that almost all backer rewards have been sent out, save for a few stragglers - check out our support page with the latest news on physical rewards, or send us an email at support@obsidian.net if you have any questions. Please also whitelist or check your spam filter for support@vsevil.net if you're in the Americas or Oceania and help@shipnaked.com if you're outside of those areas and have yet to receive your rewards and are looking for email notifications. If you've received damaged items, don't worry, we'll make sure you get your rewards in one piece.

Community Corner
The community spoke, and our developers answered! After the showcase of our last community item in Update #53, we released two more community-voted items below:

Shroud of the Phantasm

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-56%2Fupdate-56-community-cape-500p--thumb.png

Hidden away in Berkana's Laboratory is the Shroud of the Phantasm!

Nebula, the Astral Bat

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-56%2Fupdate-56-community-pet-500p--thumb.png

It seems the community thought poor Cosmo the Space Pig could use a friend, so Nebula, the Astral Bat, is now available in-game! Careful when keeping this capricious bat around, however - it might be a pet, but it won't always decide to help you!

Versus Evil Sale

https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fobsidian-media%2Fdeadfire%2Fnews%2Fupdate-56%2Fupdate-56-vesale-500p--thumb.png

Our publisher, Versus Evil, is having a sale! In addition to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire being on sale (tell your friends!), be sure to check out the Versus Evil Steam store page to get deals on their other published games, including games from the Banner Saga series, Guild of Dungeoneering, and more!

Thank you again for your continued support! If you have any issues with the game, contact us through our support portal to help you on your journey.\

Cheers, The Deadfire team

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out! To join the conversation on this update, head to our forums!

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeButton

Patron
They are strategically putting Deadfire on sale on the release day of the DLC, and because either way it will come up in the "People who bought this also bought" list for people buying Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
First combat encounter is a good sign. One beastmaster, two ranger marksman, one spirit mender (auto-heals over time), one mega-sized razorback, and two giant razorbacks. All level 20 with 100+ deflection.

Flou

Arbiter
What a bad timing for BT4 :lol:

It's bad timing for all three games. Obviously Pathfinder will sell well in Eastern Europe and to Pathfinder fans, Bard's Tale 4 will hit a brick wall with sales if Pathfinder is any good.
Anyone wise enough bought the Season pass for Deadfire, rather than paying for each DLC seperately. But Pathfinder and BT4 being released within a week will hurt their sales as well. It seems like they didn't put Deadfire on sale (on GOG at least) like they did when BoW came out. Good move to be honest, they can move more units later on.
And Life Is Strange Season 2 is coming out as well this week. Bit crowded it seems.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Lol, Galawain's challenge. Cave grubs gain the "Volatile" passive ability which makes them explode when dead. I was surrounded by the things (because Streetfighter rogue subclass is so cool) and I one-shot the first one which set off a chain explosion in counter-clockwise order around me.
gAkq8Fd.jpg

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The first boss battle once you get to the arena is cool. You have to fight a black hole called the Tyrant of Decay. There are obelisks that summon elementals during the fight which it can devour to restore health and gain new powers.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Anyone wise enough bought the Season pass for Deadfire, rather than paying for each DLC seperately.
Remember that buying the season pass for Deadfire wasn't all that much of an obvious right move at the time it was released.

2house2fly

Magister
lol they aren't trying very hard to hide this
"DebugName": "LAX_Neck_U_Crown_of_Woedica_Two_Pieces",

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The encounter design in this DLC is better than anything Obsidian has ever done before, but I'm already getting exhausted because it's just one epic battle after another. I wish there was more story and exploration.

Jezal_k23

Getting tired of incline, I see. Is it getting too steep for you? :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom