Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is the family feud quest in tikitaka timed, bugged or simply lame?

Barabara family head tells me to find evidence of Valera conspiracy against her. I unveil konspiracy in the Gullet, then fuck off and sail for a few days. I return, tell her of konspiracy and say that Valeras want to negotiate. She says "mkay go tell them imma negotiate".

so i go to valeras and they are liek 'zomg we have dudes storming the barabara vault plz go help them'

i get to choose either from 'nop u die now' or 'ok' and then the barabaras turn hostile as i enter their mansion and yell 'have at thee traitor'

wut

edit: and finally chief barabara says "lololo dat was very unsubtle of u, u big fat failure :^)"

If I remember correctly, the conspiracy was about storming the vault. Then the Barubaras send you to defend it. I would guess you missed some dialogue option that triggers that and it broke the quest chain.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Barabara family head tells me to find evidence of Valera conspiracy against her. I unveil konspiracy in the Gullet, then fuck off and sail for a few days. I return, tell her of konspiracy and say that Valeras want to negotiate. She says "mkay go tell them imma negotiate".

so i go to valeras and they are liek 'zomg we have dudes storming the barabara vault plz go help them'

i get to choose either from 'nop u die now' or 'ok' and then the barabaras turn hostile as i enter their mansion and yell 'have at thee traitor'

wut

edit: and finally chief barabara says "lololo dat was very unsubtle of u, u big fat failure :^)"
Poor quest scripting and bugs!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I thought the game is so full of pets that can be picked up. There's like at least one pet in every single map of the game. And now I went up to the queens place again and what do I find... there is a trader who sells EVEN MORE PETS. I think there are more pets in this game than NPCs you can talk to.
They don't want you to starve if you run out of food on a long ocean voyage.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Don't miss clearing the vault, at first I missed it because the locks didn't highlight for some reason.

Yeah, the locks didnt highlight for me either, but just thrashing around with the mouse pointer revealed em.

The damage on the warhammer inside that vault is insane.

imweasel

It does look like Josh gave the team more freedom to express their creativity than in previous projects.

Turned out well, eh?
Step 3: Bargaining

"Why yes, everyone is to blame except for Josh 'master game designer extraordinaire' Sawyer."

2house2fly

Magister
It does look like Josh gave the team more freedom to express their creativity than in previous projects.

Turned out well, eh?

"Why yes, everyone is to blame except for Josh 'master game designer extraordinaire' Sawyer."
You think if the Master Of Balance had full control he would have allowed 90% of the unique weapons to be swords?

Seethe

Arbiter

wut

Must be a bug. For me, after the whole vault quest, they tasked me with killing the Valeras. After I killed them, the Barbara head confessed that she used me to kill the Valeras, and then she tried to kill me as well since apparently she somehow found out that her son died because of me distracting him during his duel.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
well, whatev

in the end i just genocided both families and got double the loot :troll:

Mother. Fucker. I did that quest all nice and happy. The two families made a deal and decided to join forces and be all cooperative.

I got JACK SHIT. I mean, something like 1000 copper pieces. Big whoop.
I did the quest and then i killed them,it is the best deal.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
So this assassin in Delver's Row, has anyone hired him ?
Can he be used for the vendetta quest ? For rauatai last quest before El Dorado ?
Who are his potential targets ?

Quillon

Arcane
well, whatev

in the end i just genocided both families and got double the loot :troll:

Mother. Fucker. I did that quest all nice and happy. The two families made a deal and decided to join forces and be all cooperative.

I got JACK SHIT. I mean, something like 1000 copper pieces. Big whoop.

Go talk to the heads of the families again, they give you stuff, unique wep...

Cross

Arcane

Turned out well, eh?

You think if the Master Of Balance had full control he would have allowed 90% of the unique weapons to be swords?
Sawyer spent years talking about the importance of proper tuning and balancing to ensure a consistent level of challenge throughout. He then made PoE, an RPG where you can't even make it halfway through before hitting the level cap.

Sawyer spent years condemning RPG romances as masturbatory fantasies. Then, when taking on the role of narrative lead, he brought us Deadfire's romances, surpassing even Dragon Age 2 in the amount of player-sexual romances.

What Sawyer says rarely lines up with what he actually implements in his games, even when given full control.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I don't think there is anything wrong with hitting level cap mid-way. Although there is an issue of pacing in both PoE1 especially on POTD, where game is at its hardest early on, remains somewhat challenging through the middlepart but then becomes fairly inconsequential except few key encounters. Deadfire moreso where early few levels on POTD you can actually get killed quite easily while mid-game onwards it's not even trying. Sawyer didn't add romances to companion he himself made. I am fairly certain romance request came from higher up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom