Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
I'm doing a POTD with scaling up run with All The Bad Decisions/All Companions Dead from PoE 1

It's quite a different experience and I kinda recommend to people, that cave in the starting island is very different when you don't have an Edér to stand behind, I imagine the rest of the game will be too and I'll have to pay some of the starting coin just to get Adventurers until I get the rest of companions

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't have Eder in the cave on PotD, since I didn't talk to him at all in PoE1, and it really isn't anything special.

Sloul

Savant
Is the family feud quest in tikitaka timed, bugged or simply lame?

Barabara family head tells me to find evidence of Valera conspiracy against her. I unveil konspiracy in the Gullet, then fuck off and sail for a few days. I return, tell her of konspiracy and say that Valeras want to negotiate. She says "mkay go tell them imma negotiate".

so i go to valeras and they are liek 'zomg we have dudes storming the barabara vault plz go help them'

i get to choose either from 'nop u die now' or 'ok' and then the barabaras turn hostile as i enter their mansion and yell 'have at thee traitor'

wut

edit: and finally chief barabara says "lololo dat was very unsubtle of u, u big fat failure :^)"
If you reveal to ''Bardata'' that the Valeras are indeed ploting against her (heist or else), this will prevent any kind of negociations.
If you want them to make peace, you need to work on that directly after the dual between the two sons.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Just encountered another great event of the PoE 2 saga. One of the sailors, out of the blue just came into my cabin for some buttsecks, just like that. I chosed the ''Get your ugly ass out of my cabin'' and bam, -5 morale for the entire ship just because I didn't let him sodomise me.:lol:

This game is just :lol::mixedemotions::lol:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ive just killed whole House of Bardatt , muh muhuhah muhu hauh mUHAUHAUAHAU HU HHUAH UAH M UA UAH UA H MUHAUHAUH THEIR TREASURY IS MIINE MIIIIIIINEEEEEE!

I did that quest but went w/ the Bardatto's because 1. they have a vault and the other ones don't 2. to talk to the other family I have to go into their house and then go upstairs... annoying 3. when I went to talk to the Valero family about something near the end of the quest, they wouldn't talk to me because they were sleeping... so fuck em all. I killed their whole family and Pallegina got mad and left. So I reloaded and swapped her out with someone else, killed them all, then swapped her back in. She didn't see nothin.
I tried to make peace but when I told the head of Bardatto that they was being fucked with she was like THE TIME FOR NEGOTIATIONS IS OVAH!

Also the Valero's did instigate shit... fuck em.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Just encountered another great event of the PoE 2 saga. One of the sailors, out of the blue just came into my cabin for some buttsecks, just like that. I chosed the ''Get your ugly ass out of my cabin'' and bam, -5 morale for the entire ship just because I didn't let him sodomise me.:lol:

This game is just :lol::mixedemotions::lol:
I can only imagine how it went.

The dude leaves your cabin.
- So what did he say ??
- Sorry guys, sounds like he's not into it... at all...

*sound of 10 zippers closing*

Sizzle

Arcane
Another thing that stuck out to me - the Steward of Caed Nua.

I was almost certain she was going to have a bigger role. My bet was on her being a part of the ship - probably as a figurehead. That would have nicely tied the old stronghold with your new one. But she doesn't have any function at all. At least in the first one, she would occasionally alert you to tasks you should undertake, and announce visitors to the keep. I'm also not a fan of the new voice - her original, older-sounding one fit her much better.

It could be that she had a bigger part to play in an older draft of the story, but her presence in the game as it is now is just superfluous. Maybe this will change in the DLCs, but currently, it's yet another missed opportunity.

Sentinel

Arcane
Agreed. Don't let edgy haters put you off homosexuality. Subject yourself to brutal sodomization, then decide for yourself if you like it or not.

i'm joking retards
but AoD is still shit

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Brutal sodomization is so old-school. Subject yourself to a few rounds of ball-busting CBT, urethral electro sounding and bukkake with your local dom. I bet Obsidian didn't put that in their game. Why so coy, Obs? Not progressive enough?

Sizzle

Arcane
Brutal sodomization is so old-school. Subject yourself to a few rounds of ball-busting CBT, urethral electro sounding and bukkake with your local dom. I bet Obsidian didn't put that in their game. Why so coy, Obs? Not progressive enough?

They're saving that for PoE3.

It's a natural progression - PoE1 didn't have any romances, PoE2 had only bisexual ones, while PoE3 will have every conceivable depravity under the sun.

The disillusioned BioWare fans will flock to them in droves.

Valtiel

Scholar
Is there any way to check map completion or cleared islands? Because I discovered but not explored many of them and now when I reach them again I don't know if I should land or not.

Sizzle

Arcane
Is there any way to check map completion or cleared islands? Because I discovered but not explored many of them and now when I reach them again I don't know if I should land or not.

To my knowledge, this is only possible with the unnamed islands, where you'll know you've cleared them out after you're given an option to name them.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The fatso from Obsidian that "balanced" the XP income for PoE1 is someone that posts on the codex - as I remember discovering during the live stream of the fig campaign ending where he was more inclined to jerk off Randal than to get wasted on booze.

Arriving to Twin Elms with the level cap reached was the most obnoxious thing ever.

So if he didn't received specific orders to tune the XP income in that scatophilic manner, my message to him is, "get fucked too".

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I was almost certain she was going to have a bigger role. My bet was on her being a part of the ship - probably as a figurehead. That would have nicely tied the old stronghold with your new one. But she doesn't have any function at all. At least in the first one, she would occasionally alert you to tasks you should undertake, and announce visitors to the keep. I'm also not a fan of the new voice - her original, older-sounding one fit her much better.

It could be that she had a bigger part to play in an older draft of the story, but her presence in the game as it is now is just superfluous. Maybe this will change in the DLCs, but currently, it's yet another missed opportunity.

I assume she was meant to be yet another romance, but they spent too much time on the sword.

Sizzle

Arcane

I assume she was meant to be yet another romance, but they spent too much time on the sword.

Could be, she's certainly very bust-y.

Trashos

Arcane
I was going to buy AoD but Blakemoreland Hybrid Boss put me off playing it.
Well don't let him do that. It's a very fun, distinct and unique game. If a bit too gamey.

AoD is shit.

:hmmm:

AoD is a freaking fantastic game all round (role-playing, combat, challenge, writing, world-building, narrative & protagonist's point of view), and also it will give you an experience that you are not going to get anywhere else. Your loss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom