Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
While the idea may be themetically fitting, I find it rather silly because it ultimately only gives you meta-advantage that will all be compiled in a thread day 1.
Who cares, it's fun and it engages people collectively. I think it's actually pretty cool. Although, I can't be bothered to make any effort to unlock some fancy cosmetic, but I'm pretty sure those who are interested don't even care about what it actually unlocks.
I assume people are already crawling every deadfire web page's html at this moment.

Prime Junta

DaheBX9U8AAaFsR.png

Josh's design I imagine. Looks like something you'd find on a bicycle's head tube.

https://eternity.obsidian.net/scavenger

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
This sort of contemporary moralisation is really retarded in a fantasy setting taking inspiration from early modern colonisation. Josh really should know better than this. It's especially retarded because we already have this dilemma of expansionism vs. moralisation in colonisation. "Imperialism" didn't play a part because it didn't exist as a concept, let alone a negative concept. It was more about hierarchy and due treatment. Fucking read about Spanish colonisation and Bartolomé de las Casas to get some perspective and inspiration. I guess it's too late now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worked for me.

some codes it says what it unlocked, and some codes just say 'yay successful code' and do nuffin

Look at the "Captain's Logbook" more closely. For each additional reward, you need incrementally more codes to unlock it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worked for me.

I tried it again and it works now, must have copypasted wrong? at 31/55 now

Look at the "Captain's Logbook" more closely. For each reward, you need successively more codes to unlock it.

Yeah I figured it was something like that, I haven't looked at the page aside from spamming codes :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess the other two sidekicks have non-celebrity voice actors.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96803-critical-role-meet-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/

Hello Watchers and Critters alike!

Yesterday we announced the partnership with Critical Role for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. We’re excited for this as we’ve seen since Pillars of Eternity that players have tried to make parties that represent Vox Machina in some way, and now you can do so and have their voices!

But that isn’t all that the cast of Critical Role is doing. Along with the returning Matthew Mercer, the entire cast of Critical Role are also voicing major characters in Deadfire. Today, we’re very happy to share with you who the cast will be voicing and a bit about those characters. Enjoy!

eder-matt.jpg
aloth-matt.jpg

Edér and Aloth – Matthew Mercer

Edér - A farmer and veteran of the Saint's War, Edér fought alongside the Watcher in the Dyrwood and now accompanies his old ally to the Deadfire Archipelago. His easygoing manner and dry wit belie a strong sense of responsibility and commitment. Eothas' return into the world raises questions for Edér about the god he once worshipped and later fought against. If he can help restore the Watcher's soul, then just maybe he can get some answers of his own, too.

Aloth - Aloth is a wizard from Aedyr and an old ally from the Watcher's journeys in the Dyrwood. Meticulous, thoughtful, and pragmatic, his experiences in the years since meeting the Watcher have shaped him. They've also brought him to the Deadfire on a mission of his own. With the Watcher's help, he hopes to uncover the truth behind one of the oldest and most secretive organizations in Eora.

maia-marisha.jpg

Maia Rua – Marisha Ray

Maia is an elite sharpshooter serving a tour of duty for the Royal Deadfire Company. With the help of her bird of prey companion, Ishiza, Maia can scout environments both in and out of combat. Reassigned from her mission and sent to assist the Watcher, she and Ishiza are grateful for the chance to sail the treacherous waters of the Deadfire for some adventure and target practice.

serafen-liam.jpg

Serafen – Liam O’Brien

As a shiphunter of the Príncipi sen Patrena, Serafen uses his psychic abilities to guide pirates to merchant vessels ripe for plunder. Serafen's captain offers the furry blue pirate's expertise to the Watcher, and Serafen brings with him his unique perspective on the politics and cultures of the Deadfire - as well as a long history of wronged rivals, lovers, and adversaries.

A self-proclaimed expert in all things involving his tongue, Serafen's bawdy humor, felonious tendencies, and strained relationship with the truth don't always endear him to his fellow travelers.

tekehu-travis.jpg

Tekēhu – Travis Willingham

Tekēhu is a marine godlike and accomplished watershaper. While others would harness his talents to intimidate enemy ships and enrich Huana culture, Tekēhu wishes to spearhead an artistic revival and bring change on his own terms. His people have a very rigid idea what it means to be born of a god, so he delights in paddling against the current and defying the wishes of those who seek to control him.

xoti-laura.jpg

Xoti – Laura Bailey

Xoti is a half meadow, half savannah folk priestess who believes it is her divine duty to shepherd lost souls through the Beyond. As a worshipper of Gaun, the aspect of Eothas associated with harvests and the death side of the cycle of rebirth, Xoti wields a sickle and a lantern in order to reap souls for her god. When she was a young girl, she was one of thousands of Readcerans who came to Deadfire fleeing the devastation that followed the vorlas blight and the Saint's War. Her family, like many others, established themselves as farmers, and it was then that Xoti claims Gaun began to speak to her through prophetic nightmares. Xoti is eager to chase down the manifestation of her god so that she might better understand and aid his mission on Eora.

rekke-sam.jpg

Rekke – Sam Riegel

Rekke is the sole survivor of a shipwreck. When the Watcher finds him, he speaks a language none among the party have ever heard before - not that it stops him from speaking his mind. In the Watcher's company, he quickly proves himself to be a capable fighter and easy-going traveling companion. The youngest member of the party, he amuses himself by playing pranks on his newly found friends.

ydwin-ashley.jpg

Ydwin – Ashley Johnson

An expert in the metaphysics of Eora and a skilled practitioner of animancy - the wildly controversial science of the soul - Ydwin holds as deep an interest in the Watcher's abilities as in the living god wading across the Deadfire. Analytical, courteous, and possessed of a rapier wit, she seems the ideal compatriot - assuming you don't object to her dangerous avenues of scientific inquiry.

eothas-taliesin.jpg

Eothas – Taliesin Jaffe

Eothas is the god of light, redemption, and rebirth. A generation ago, he manifested his power in a farmer named Waidwen to lead what became known as The Saint's War. After the armies of the Dyrwood destroyed St. Waidwen, Eothas disappeared from Eora. He was not heard from again until he restored and animated the statue beneath the castle of Caed Nua. Destroying the castle, drawing the souls out of its residents, and leaving the Watcher of Caed Nua for dead, Eothas then marched into the ocean and made his way for the Deadfire Archipelago. His motives are unknown.

You can pre-order Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire through Critical Role via our publisher, Versus Evil. We will be updating that page up until launch so we can highlight the characters, the cast, and more!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i'll just spawn all the items using console???????

day 1 nexus mod that does the same??????????????????????????????

maybe i dunno what if????????????????

ah but who am I to rain on people's parade of collecting the codes. I worried for a bit the code items would be overpowered shit but they seem to mostly be cosmetic so that is a plus.

Ruzen

Savant
Hold on. Does that mean when you installed the Critical Role DLC the old voice actors won't be present? Since they are doing the major chars as well.

Bocha

Novice
Do they change xoti portrait? looks different

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom