Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced and Live on Fig

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Zjwo4.gif

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apart from the stupid haircut she even looks kind of cute, not really that bad if you ask me. I prefer to believe she is ok until proven otherwise :D
I don't understand why anyone'd care anything about any dev's looks. I mean, the reason for Sir Tim to be Obsidian's best asset and last hope is not the fact that he looks the best of them (which he does), but what he actually is capable of.
KYZCLIP.gif

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"We're still making a huge game, but it's more important for our content to be high quality than it is for us to have a gargantuan 200+ hour game," he said. "Many players criticized us for having too many mob/filler fights in Pillars. It's something we tried to address in patches, but it's a larger focus for the sequel. Not every fight is a setpiece encounter, but it's okay for us to have more areas that are simply for exploration, environmental storytelling, and down time."

let us all hold on to those words

duanth123

Arcane
Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, backed this at the minimum level, but also redeemed myself by backing Beautiful Desolation which is still oddly lacking an announcement thread.

:neveraskedforthis:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apart from the stupid haircut she even looks kind of cute, not really that bad if you ask me. I prefer to believe she is ok until proven otherwise :D
I don't understand why anyone'd care anything about any dev's looks. I mean, the reason for Sir Tim to be Obsidian's best asset and last hope is not the fact that he looks the best of them (which he does), but what he actually is capable of.
KYZCLIP.gif
I am sorry but what exactly has He been doing for the last 15 years? Sawyer has been lead since New Vegas, Christ Avellone turns water into Mountain Dew and Zeits is with Fargo... this is not a troll question exactly what has he done for all the adoration since getting kicked out of Fallout 2

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
KYZCLIP.gif
I am sorry but what exactly has He been doing for the last 15 years? Sawyer has been lead since New Vegas, Christ Avellone turns water into Mountain Dew and Zeits is with Fargo... this is not a troll question exactly what has he done for all the adoration since getting kicked out of Fallout 2
Since Fallout 2 there was this Troika you know. But I can understand someone consideres that's way too past. So I'd say p. good recipes/cook books.

But I suspect in the future I would have to provide every post with a smiley, as people's tendency to go sperger and take everything literally is so prevalent around here.

The bottom line: the looks don't matter.

almondblight

Arcane
The best stretch goal for this would be no stretch goals. I'd even kick in some extra cash for that.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So... I backed this
I am such a fucking bipolar old fucker...after ranting and raving about Sawyer and his balance fuckery...but
To be honest it looks like they did learn something and they actually could pull off a Baldur's Gate to Shadows of Amn kind of quality leap here
So fuck me it is $24 bucks and I was even sort of happy to see that doddering Idiot Fergus
Oh god beign happy and having regular sex (with Roguey apparently) has made me into a pushover

Cadmus

Arcane
Fucktards haven't learned that presenting a "great level of detail" and zooming in on the char models in a top down rts is the completely incorrect design approach.

Fucktards boast with NPCs hiding from rain which TW1 did perfectly, while Morrowind had them cover their faces in storms.

Fucktards come begging for money after having "the most super successful crowdfunded game totally ever"

graphics look great again, if items don't suck and writing doesn't suck and combat system is completely different and the music is better then the game can be good, HAHAHAH

Wizfall

Cipher
Got bored at the end of act 2 of PoE by both the loading times and above all the empty, completely uninteresting "big" city.
BG2 city was very lively with all the huge amount of quests/characters, it was always a pleasure to go back and discover new quests/characters/secrets/areas to explore.
In comparison each PoE city sectors felt "dead" after only one or two go through.

I will still backed PoE 2 as the foundation is quite good and i wish the improvements will be of the same magnitude that the one from BG1 to BG2
Learn to do a LIVELY GOOD BIG CITY Obsidian !

Heretic

Cipher
RTwP again? Nope, not backing this gameplay ever again. Decide one way or the other, realtime action or turn-based, but not this rotten, dysfunctional compromise.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom