Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Pretty much all that update says is that you'll probably get EDER APPROVAL +1 when your character drops some racist jokes like Eder's (or others that have a similar life ie. Dyrford, Gilded Vale people) in PoE 1. And that that could lead to conflict with someone who has a reason to get APPROVAL -1 from the same comments.

Not even that. More like Edér will get Furry Approval -1 when he says something boneheaded. (Forget what the new furry's name is.)

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pretty much all that update says is that you'll probably get EDER APPROVAL +1 when your character drops some racist jokes like Eder's (or others that have a similar life ie. Dyrford, Gilded Vale people) in PoE 1. And that that could lead to conflict with someone who has a reason to get APPROVAL -1 from the same comments.

Not even that. More like Edér will get Furry Approval -1 when he says something boneheaded. (Forget what the new furry's name is.)

Sefendal or somethign.

Sizzle

Arcane
We've been over this [...]
Yes, we have, and it was made clear that the claim that Edér is racist is complete horseshit.

The fact that you have to make some comparison to "some illiterate serf in the middle-ages" just showcase how fucking stupid it is, not only because that illiterate serf would in no way be referring to races, but because some form of this type of prejudice has been the norm for the vast majority of human history, far from being the views of some specific illiterate, or any kind of serf, let alone in the middle-ages. Stop using "racism" for some kind of catch-all pejorative that you can bend to suit your agenda at any one time.

You can call Edér's commonplace and casual opinions of orlans a lot of things, and you can over-dramatize, re-interpret and masturbate over the "problematization" of his sardonic joke regarding whether a dwarf hanging right next to his friends counts as a full person or not, but if you're using it as some kind of measurement of racism, you're not only an idiot, but you'll need to apply that label to the vast majority of characters both real and imagined, and call it a defining character trait, including Hiravias' opinions regarding non-Glanfathans and Palleginas opinions regarding Aedyrans and their culture (or lack thereof); both which are far more pronounced than any claim that Edér is "racist".

Dude, chill. I don't see anything problematic in how he views Orlans (like you said - it fits the time), but if he thinks that Orlans, a race, usually behave and act a certain way, which he does - then that is indeed racist, in every possible definition of the word. And, again, that's not necessarily bad - both from a story and character viewpoint.

Lots of people today (especially older ones) have racist views, but that doesn't make them bad people, and neither is Eder.

And yes, I expect that Pallegina will have some sort of "Cultural Superiority Complex" tag on her as well.

fobia

Fuck you and the rainbow unicorns all you faggots came ridding in.

I know it's a hard life, being a crusader AND a black man, but still. You could at least try to make an argument here instead of just cursing. ;)

Like I care about the opinion of someone who steals an avatar from a better codexer.

I'm deeply ashamed, I didn't have the time nor the opportunity to check the avatars of codexers above my lowly status.
This sheep was just my favourite character from the Gothic games.
I like sheep.
Also black sheep.
Black sheep need not feel ashamed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
nice photo irenaeus,now take one without holding your breath.
Check Codex Members Pictures threads for pics of me. Or anywhere some butthurt faggot says I'm black.
7XxZS9f.jpg

But really, why do you always react to this each and every time? It's so easy.

Easy what?

Yeah, I always react when insulted and called a nigger. What a fucking unexpected reaction.
You are not a nigger but a half nigger for sure. Everyone knows Italians are just nigger wannabe.

2house2fly

Magister
After our SJW revisionism, Edér was never not a racist, bigot!

Fuck you and the rainbow unicorns all you faggots came ridding in.

Dude, you're taking this a little hard. Are you sure you're ok? Must be those recessive negroid genes acting up again.
It makes sense that a black guy would not be comfortable with racism and not want to deal with it in a video game. He probably has to deal with it in his daily life, now in his entertainment too?

Sannom

Augur
It's obvious that Edér's racism could have a bigger impact in Deadfire mostly because of the new Orlan companion and how he differs from Hiravias. The later was laid-back and was used to being picked on (for being an Orlan, for being smaller than everyone else, for being a ginger and for being an Autumn Staelgar), not to mention Edér's fondness for animals talked to him, what with being a druid and all. So all you got from him was "Edér, did you seriously just say that?" and "Are you fucking inbred?" whenever Edér was insensitive and said that he made his people proud or whatever. Serafen is a Wild Orlan, a pirate and a former slave, so he may not be as nice to Edér whenever he lets his mouth run.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's nice that they are so far along with the production, the stretch goals were certainly planned features, most already in production.

From what they have shown, and how fast they developed tyranny, I think it's realistic to expect this to hit by this time next year.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It's obvious that Edér's racism could have a bigger impact in Deadfire mostly because of the new Orlan companion and how he differs from Hiravias. The later was laid-back and was used to being picked on (for being an Orlan, for being smaller than everyone else, for being a ginger and for being an Autumn Staelgar), not to mention Edér's fondness for animals talked to him, what with being a druid and all. So all you got from him was "Edér, did you seriously just say that?" and "Are you fucking inbred?" whenever Edér was insensitive and said that he made his people proud or whatever. Serafen is a Wild Orlan, a pirate and a former slave, so he may not be as nice to Edér whenever he lets his mouth run.
If this was InXile, I could see, "how much does one man's casual racism matter?"

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's nice that they are so far along with the production, the stretch goals were certainly planned features, most already in production.

From what they have shown, and how fast they developed tyranny, I think it's realistic to expect this to hit by this time next year.

They've already said the release date is March 2018

Sentinel

Arcane

They've already said the release date is March 2018
Will be delayed to Q4 2018 unless they were already planning under the assumption they'd achieve all the stretch goals.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Post if there's anything interesting. I can't be bothered to watch two Twitch streams today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom