Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

hiver

Close to that, will see how it pans out. Im not expecting anything good.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
you think you can outcheese me with your adra dergons, sawyer?

challenge accepted

EDIT: There, I actually beat it fair and square.

I proclaim you all scrublords :smug:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Actually, now that I think about it, this fight was p. fun.

Certainly the only fun fight I had in the entire game, in fact.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Not seeing any sort of evidence. Conclusion: subject suffering from acute brain damage caused by repeated violent trauma to the head. Most probably from banging the head against the wall. Currently undergoing delusional stage.

Petrify+Disintegrate or any other high damage spell is not "fair and square

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, here's how I did it:

Having identified that a very heavily buffed Eder can actually survive the dergon's terrible rape and it's really the fucking adragans around it that cause all the trubble with the constant stun/dominate/paralyze spam, I decided to leave the dergon for the last and proceeded as follows.

I triggered the convo with Eder while everyone else was far in the back. When it was done, I immediately popped bulwark against the elements + mirror image potions on both Eder and Pallegina and started buffing Eder to fuck and back.

While Eder was getting merciless pounded, Aloth was spreading around confusions and KDs on everything he could see. Commander Boreale the rain jerk kept shooting the adragans with his stunning bow, Kana was busy summoning ogres every time he could, Durance kept buffing Eder, while Pallegina was running around murdering the adragans and high priests.

When I was done with all the minions, all of my dudes were still alive. I refreshed the potions on Eder and Pallegina and threw everything that I had against the dergon to surround it with as loose a formation as possible to make it switch targets constantly. So it was surrounded by Eder, Pallegina, Cpt Diomedes the lion, 2 summoned ogres and 2 summoned wurms, while Aloth+Eder kept knocking it down.

When it was down to 2 blips of health I realised I still have Adragan's Gaze, so I cast that. First failed, second hit. Then the dergon got hit by two ogre clubs for 120 and 140 damage and keeled over. I still had so many KD/stun sources left that I doubt I even needed to petrify it, but it was just faster that way. Only Durance and Boreale got KO'd in the fight because they were too close to a stray wing flap.

GG WP

I had fun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Best Kickstarter Backer NPCs in Pillars of Eternity
Monday, Apr 06, 2015 by Zack "Geist Editor" Parsons (@sexyfacts4u)

pillarstop.jpg

Explorers of the Dyrwood know the epic adventure to be found within Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian Entertainment's new masterwork of old school RPG fun. One of the best parts of the game, a part that everyone loves, is getting to encounter all the interesting characters created by Kickstarter backers. You can walk up to any of them and through a ghost hallucination see a moment in their past to get a feel for their character.

The best part? These descriptions are written by the Kickstarter backers. You cannot talk to the NPCs or interact with them in any other way, but then again, what could you say to such amazing characters?

Here are a few of the best that we found when we were playing Pillars of Eternity.

Aloevera Graveshadow - You see a pale godlike woman with hair made out of bone dreadlocks. Her eyes glow orange in the ancient tiled darkness of a crypt. She is cradling a big bat in her hands. It turns into a vampire with a puff of smoke and you see a vampire woman. She says we raised you as best we could but a crypt was no place for a little girl who was orphaned by gods who murdered her parents.
Then the vampire dies and the woman begins to cry. Burning teardrops fall down her face. Her hands tighten into fists and you can know she really wants revenge for the vampire who turns to dust in the arms of the woman. You can tell that this godlike is going to go on a murderous path of revenge, using insane powers she learned from vampires to cause destruction to all her foes. Does she fight on the side of good or evil? You cannot be sure, but her powers are immense. After her revenge spree is done she is going to go stand outside an inn talking to people as if nothing interesting has ever happened in her life.

1: [Step Back]

portrait1.jpg

Burfle Skrimsy - A dozen monks lie beaten and groaning on the floor of a dojo. The man who bested them stands in the middle of the dojo and slowly pulls back the hood of his cloak. His head is like a yellow onion and he has a mustache and looks really intense. Godlike? You think so. He says something to the defeated monks. Looks like searing wisdom, but you can't hear what he is saying. Then another monk appears through the door and you can tell this is the boss monk because he has a sash over his muscular chest. This guy has got to be pretty high level.
One of the coolest fights you have ever seen happens with like slow mo as they are punching each other and x-ray camera of bones breaking. Finally, the onion dude hits so hard that you see gravity distorting around his fist and the evil monk goes crashing into a support column and cracks it in half. But the battle has only begun. A whole realm of evil is waiting to be defeated in intense martial arts battles. After he has defeated everyone, the guy decides to go to the starting town and stand around next to a cart full of garbage.

portrait2.jpg

Marky Cooldude - The mists part with a flash of fire exploding. You see standing before you, resplendent in like a kimono, the coolest dude ever. He's buff, handsome and looks smart. His head is in the shape of a dollar sign, a clear indication of his godlike heritage. He is at an auction for some charity like kids with messed up crystals growing in their chests and all of the hottest women in the kingdom are bidding enormous sums of gold to win a date with him. Then one woman wins and you see she looks pretty evil but he has to go on the date with her because that was the deal he made with the charity.
Turns out this banging babe with evil eyes is actually a shape shifter and her true form is a silver goo ball. She shifts into another shape and you see it is this buff dude. Then this impostor like looks at the camera and winks and turns back into the woman. They go on a date to a guitar center and this guy shreds Through the Fire and Flames on a guitar like it is no big deal and then he goes to do ice skating and he is really good at that. The woman is like what a date dang let's go back to my place so they do and you see like that zoom out effect when people are going to do it in an old movie and then the door opens and the guy is walking out of the bedroom of her apartment. Only then it cuts and you see him dead on the bed. Dun dun dun. And then this shape shifter lady turned into the coolest dude decides to just stand around outside a shop with a couple other people.

portrait3.jpg

Climp Beastwood - A werewolf dressed all in black and wearing a cowboy hat stands in the desert squinting across mesas. His werewolf head is actually made of jet black crystal, marking him as having a godlike heritage. A black tiger stands at his side and you can sense there is a history to this tiger. As you approach the tiger you feel drawn into it and you reach out and see its history. Two godlike tiger men stand on a dying planet. They can only save one member of their races and for him to live they will have to disguise him as a tiger who is all stripes. They place him into an escape capsule and launch him into the sky as their dying planet begins to crumble around them.
A laughing figure watching this happen draws your attention to a half robot with one eye is robotic and the other eye is actually a black crystal, marking him as godlike. You are drawn into his past and you see that he is a watcher and he is looking into the past of another figure, who is sitting at a strange box and tapping away at a machine. Words appear as if by magic onto a screen. You see the word Twitter and the name Cliff Bleszinski. His head is clearly made out of mashed potatoes so he must be descended from the gods themselves. He types out on the screen "Too bad Ebert died and missed out on the first game that is clearly a work of art: this one, that you are playing right now." He turns and looks at the camera as you realize that you have been Roger Ebert's ghost all along. You find yourself drawn to a potion shop where you intend to stand uselessly for the rest of eternity. Pillars of Eternity, that is...

portrait4.jpg

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Archers are must-kill-wizard zombies in this game. I have my wizard locked in a room several doors down before combat begins, so he's never been seen by the enemies. Open combat, bam, the archers are desperately trying to circle around my units to get into the room to kill the wizard they haven't seen yet :?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Archers are must-kill-wizard zombies in this game. I have my wizard locked in a room several doors down before combat begins, so he's never been seen by the enemies. Open combat, bam, the archers are desperately trying to circle around my units to get into the room to kill the wizard they haven't seen yet :?
Strategery :happytrollboy:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Well, here's how I did it:

Having identified that a very heavily buffed Eder can actually survive the dergon's terrible rape and it's really the fucking adragans around it that cause all the trubble with the constant stun/dominate/paralyze spam, I decided to leave the dergon for the last and proceeded as follows.

I triggered the convo with Eder while everyone else was far in the back. When it was done, I immediately popped bulwark against the elements + mirror image potions on both Eder and Pallegina and started buffing Eder to fuck and back.

While Eder was getting merciless pounded, Aloth was spreading around confusions and KDs on everything he could see. Commander Boreale the rain jerk kept shooting the adragans with his stunning bow, Kana was busy summoning ogres every time he could, Durance kept buffing Eder, while Pallegina was running around murdering the adragans and high priests.

When I was done with all the minions, all of my dudes were still alive. I refreshed the potions on Eder and Pallegina and threw everything that I had against the dergon to surround it with as loose a formation as possible to make it switch targets constantly. So it was surrounded by Eder, Pallegina, Cpt Diomedes the lion, 2 summoned ogres and 2 summoned wurms, while Aloth+Eder kept knocking it down.

When it was down to 2 blips of health I realised I still have Adragan's Gaze, so I cast that. First failed, second hit. Then the dergon got hit by two ogre clubs for 120 and 140 damage and keeled over. I still had so many KD/stun sources left that I doubt I even needed to petrify it, but it was just faster that way. Only Durance and Boreale got KO'd in the fight because they were too close to a stray wing flap.

GG WP

I had fun.
It was fun, but more like nailbiting. You had to survive the Adragans crap while trying to petrify the fag. I am not sure there is even other strategy there. It's certainly is not fun getting your tank killed in one move. I guess the tactic would be to kill everything else fast, then constantly revive comrades while trying to hit sky-high defences... Which is not very fun. Thus the fight depends on 1 lucky roll and how quick you can kill the Adragan squad.

They should've bump his HP and maybe put some high elemental DR's. But letting him get hit. So it would be more of how quick can you debuff and start unleashing serious damage.

Seriously can you even debuff him in some non-luck dependend way?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You had to survive the Adragans crap while trying to petrify the fag.

I was not forced to petrify the dergon, and surviving the adragans wasn't all that much of a crisis, either. Eder got cc'd a few times, but he'd mostly shrug it off fast, most of the adragans were disabled by aloth's confusion, and the ones that weren't got hacked into pieces by Pallegina and Boreale.

It's certainly is not fun getting your tank killed in one move.

Eder could tank the dragon the entire fight without getting instagibbed. He just needed a lot of help.

I guess the tactic would be to kill everything else fast, then constantly revive comrades while trying to hit sky-high defences...

Took me a few whiles to murder the minions, and I didn't have to revive anyone. The high deflection is a bit of a problem, but nothing a whole wagon of hexes can't fix.

Thus the fight depends on 1 lucky roll

if you're a scrublord maybe

Jesus Christ, re-read what I wrote above in the spoiler and tell me how I succeeded on 1 lucky roll.

Tigranes

Arcane
Is this the Adra Dragon re. Hylea? Because uh, yeah, it's got nothing to do with 1-hit kills or petrifications. My 4-man party on Hard did just fine going toe to toe without cheesing, as long as you take the fight seriously.

Hegel

Arcane
You know you can just charm the dragon? How ironic, the guy should be the quintessential cipher, has lived for 2000 years absorbing countless souls and yet falls to a lvl 11 cipher.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Is this the Adra Dragon re. Hylea? Because uh, yeah, it's got nothing to do with 1-hit kills or petrifications. My 4-man party on Hard did just fine going toe to toe without cheesing, as long as you take the fight seriously.

Nope, that's a Sky Dragon. Adra is at the bottom of Endless Paths.

And apparently, one Dragon Hunter could teach you a spell that helps against Adra Dragon.

EDIT: Yep, but nothing spectacular.

BRlpE7d.jpg

Last edited:

Hegel

Arcane
So, my dear Roxor. On a scale from shit to it's good for what it is, how would you rate Josh Sawyer's: Fuck you suck my dick RPG Pillars of mediocrity?

Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
You had to survive the Adragans crap while trying to petrify the fag.

I was not forced to petrify the dergon, and surviving the adragans wasn't all that much of a crisis, either. Eder got cc'd a few times, but he'd mostly shrug it off fast, most of the adragans were disabled by aloth's confusion, and the ones that weren't got hacked into pieces by Pallegina and Boreale.

It's certainly is not fun getting your tank killed in one move.

Eder could tank the dragon the entire fight without getting instagibbed. He just needed a lot of help.

I guess the tactic would be to kill everything else fast, then constantly revive comrades while trying to hit sky-high defences...

Took me a few whiles to murder the minions, and I didn't have to revive anyone. The high deflection is a bit of a problem, but nothing a whole wagon of hexes can't fix.

Thus the fight depends on 1 lucky roll

if you're a scrublord maybe

Jesus Christ, re-read what I wrote above in the spoiler and tell me how I succeeded on 1 lucky roll.
Well you need a lucky roll to petrify graze/hit. And i know that Eder can instantly comeback from KO with his passive. Still, the breath kills anyone at full hp if it hits (or maybe i had to try seven times to compute reliable statistics).
What i was saying is that it's not fun to babysit your tank while trying to get through 130+ defences...

THE QUESTION IS: can you fucking debuff him and make the fight actually feel good? In a way like you could lower magic resistence on Firkraag and slow him and whatnot, making the kill feel good - like you had a strategy and it worked.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
sup bros, question:
found 4 pieces of the blade of the endless path, where to assemble it? The city is cut off (did the hearing already) so I can't reach Durstan. Am I right to presume that you can't give the blade to a different smith?

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
You can get back to Defiance Bay soon after.

It's laughable blade btw -- I mean, for what you had to do to get it

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
You can debuff him, but debuffs in the game are so "balanced" that you barely notice.
Specifics? Because he has 132 Fortitude and the other stats are mostly the same i think. So how the hell you even hit him and with what spell as an "opener"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom