Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape unoffical patchs?

deuxhero

Arcane
The EU DVD release just arrived, what unoffical stuff (like high resolution mods) do I need to grab?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Qwinn
Bigg's resolution mod + ghostdog resolution mod (one needs the other)

Tyrax Lightning

scient

Augur
For fixpack/UB/tweaks/res mods see here. The only other thing you'll need is widescreen mod if you plan to go that route which can be found here. If you haven't started game, I'd recommend waiting week or two for Qwinn to finish up Fixpack v4.1 update. It should be last update until next major one in about year. After we released v4.0, someone posted on boards batch of bugs in original game that weren't addressed.

A user named cat

I was checking on Amazon (U.S. version) and saw this was available in DVD format for here too. Was wondering, does it come with anything else or just a case + disc?

I used to own the 4 disc version, had the box and manual but sold it last year on eBay for a quick buck. Now I go hunting for that version and I see fucking NOBODY is selling the game with the box and manual intact. Can't idiots hold onto anything?

zenbitz

Scholar
scient said:
For fixpack/UB/tweaks/res mods see here. The only other thing you'll need is widescreen mod if you plan to go that route which can be found here. If you haven't started game, I'd recommend waiting week or two for Qwinn to finish up Fixpack v4.1 update. It should be last update until next major one in about year. After we released v4.0, someone posted on boards batch of bugs in original game that weren't addressed.

Doh! I am in the middle of my first game, just got to the Lower wards.
I hit a bug in Rackpicker's square where you get trapped in a hut (entered via portal) beat "Vlask" and get his portal key... but the door never opens!

Also, I some how got my eye without paying for it (didn't get memory or experience) ... then when I tried to bought it I ripped it out and died!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
zenbitz said:
Doh! I am in the middle of my first game, just got to the Lower wards.
I hit a bug in Rackpicker's square where you get trapped in a hut (entered via portal) beat "Vlask" and get his portal key... but the door never opens!

If it's the restored candlestick quest you're talking about, look here

Derper

Prophet
Pick up the bead/pearl Vlask was carrying, and walk around a bit. Exit portal should appear at the south-east end of the house.

deuxhero

Arcane
Phantasmal said:
I was checking on Amazon (U.S. version) and saw this was available in DVD format for here too. Was wondering, does it come with anything else or just a case + disc?

I used to own the 4 disc version, had the box and manual but sold it last year on eBay for a quick buck. Now I go hunting for that version and I see fucking NOBODY is selling the game with the box and manual intact. Can't idiots hold onto anything?

It's the EU verison that we make all of us thankful PCs have none of that reigon locking bullshit. Just the disc and case. Nothing in the manual's space, making the thing feel a little flimsy.

I guess I'll wait for the new verison.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So there were no "real" mods? Adding quests, spells (needed v much), unlocking shit developers didnt finish/include? A pity, wasnt Torment based on infinity? Just like BG2, and we have quite a few mods in BG2...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Malakal said:
So there were no "real" mods? Adding quests, spells (needed v much), unlocking shit developers didnt finish/include? A pity, wasnt Torment based on infinity? Just like BG2, and we have quite a few mods in BG2...

If you actually checked a bit the links Spekkio and Scient posted above you'd see the Unfinished Business mod which restores a lot of cut content.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well everyone writes about fix packs, resolution changes and so on so I assumed links link to those things.

Interesting, let's see whats new...

A user named cat

deuxhero said:
It's the EU verison that we make all of us thankful PCs have none of that reigon locking bullshit. Just the disc and case. Nothing in the manual's space, making the thing feel a little flimsy.

I guess I'll wait for the new verison.
That's what I hate about all these re-releases we get nowadays. I recently got a Gothic collection and Deus Ex as well, none of which had any manuals or extras. I wonder if some time in the future when Arcanum is re-released to work on whatever OS is the standard, if it won't come with that huge lore manual and such.

The cheap bastards. I like having toilet reading material.

zenbitz

Scholar
Pick up the bead/pearl Vlask was carrying, and walk around a bit. Exit portal should appear at the south-east end of the house.

I did this for about 10 minutes, walking over every pixel of the house. Never opened.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lonely Vazdru said:
Malakal said:
Interesting, let's see whats new...

Not much I'm afraid.

Yea I just checked it. Apparently almost everything made it to the final release...

Not really worth replaying just for that, unless someone simply loves Torment. Not for me then.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, there were many things that got cut from the final version. Some because of time restraints and some because they were simply discarded. Who knows, we'll never really find out. But just take a look at this early cinematic trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rUOwSUDKc

95% of the stuff here didn't make it to the final game. What the hell is this strange temple? The giant? the guy that raises mountains ? Even the music didn't make it into the game. It's a track by Lustmord, who were initially going to write the soundtrack , beforen Mark Morgan was brought in. Hell, even the torment logo is different.

deuxhero

Arcane
How do I do a full install from the DVD veriosn? cd2 cd3 and cd4 are in folders on the disc, but what do I need to put into a cd1 folder

95% of mods for BG2 were badly done NPC's / Overpowered loot / TC's or near TC's. PS:T was in the end pretty much all about story and dialog and there wasn't really much to change. BG2 on the other hand was more of a sandbox where you could fit in lots of random junk easily. BG2 also happened to be a lot more popular and the modding potential was much better documented and explored. So its no surprise that BG2 took off as the modding focal point.

deuxhero

Arcane

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
deuxhero said:
ghostdog said:
deuxhero said:
How do I do a full install from the DVD veriosn? cd2 cd3 and cd4 are in folders on the disc, but what do I need to put into a cd1 folder

Look here : http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/200 ... odded.html

I believe the dvd-version is the one called "1 disc version".

the 1 disc verison needs the offical patch? Did not know that.

And what about cd1?

Do as it says and dump cd2,3,4 into a CDALL folder. The CD1 files are ,probably, already included in the other folders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom