Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Platinum Games producer visits Valve

TheGreatOne

Arcane
I want to believe. And since they had another trailer (a year later, lol) at this year's E3, it's clear that they haven't given up on the project.
"At E3 2014 in June 2014, Nintendo producer Hitoshi Yamagami said that despite the lack of updates since its announcement, the game is still being developed, and that things are going according to schedule, but that he could not reveal any more details at the time"

Martius

Liturgist
TheGreatOne
Wait, another trailer? I knew there were few last year but not this. I guess this crossover was very early in development after
announcement, Nintendo loves to take their sweet time (A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad) and Atlus is hard working on all these Persona spin-offs.

I still wonder if we will ever see Platinum kickstarer or they ditched this idea after making pc port of Rising and now Legend of Korra for Activision.

Martius

Liturgist
I just hope they will polish it enough to add feets this time. I still wonder how gameplay will vary from recent FE games since its crossover (magic will get mixed with SMT system? maybe it would be smillar to Devil Survivor? will we see Dante from Capcom blockbuster Devil May Cry series?). Also getting it without big delay in Europe would be nice too.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Unrelated to the topic, but I just started playing Metal Gear Rising yesterday. Holy shit this is the best Platinum game so far. It doesn't have the most complex battle system, but it delivers what it sets out to do perfectly: to make you feel like an authentic Metal Gear Cyborg Ninja.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Not really a fan of the subject matter, but I did see enough episodes to know that Platinum is pretty much the best developer for this game. Gonna have to give it a look once it's released.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Not really a fan of the subject matter, but I did see enough episodes to know that Platinum is pretty much the best developer for this game. Gonna have to give it a look once it's released.
If you skip Seasons 1 and 2 and jump to the 3rd, it's currently pretty good. Much better than the first two seasons. Unless you mean the subject matter in a very general manner and not the banal plot points from the 1st two seasons.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Watched the vids more clearly now that I have more time. Gameplay wise it looks pretty good. Each bending style looks unique. I can't tell how situational the bending styles are (whether or not style choice is important or you can beat any fight with any style), but it being a Platinum Games title makes me think it will be sufficiently challenging in total. I'm also not sure the styles in the game are faithful "in spirit" to the show - e.g. Water should be the more "balanced" style but it seems Air has that niche, in game - but on the other hand if the elements are sufficiently unique and not too far off, which they don't seem to be, the game should be good.

My mild nitpick is that I wish the bending styles had unique defensive elements. Well, Air and Fire do have the element of speed which look utilizable defensively, but on the other hand I would've liked to some Earth barriers and the like, and maybe more freezing and control from Water. The counter mechanic seems even more dull in that it is not at all affected by elemental style.. hopefully it's not necessary to rely on it.

Perkel

Arcane
I am kind of interested in how Platinum Games RPG would look like.

I know they always make action games but their games stories usually are cohesive, there are ton of good dialog between characters without it being japanese crying fags. They have absolutely excellent gameplay programmers so i think creating ton of different abilities that actually are awesome to look at (considering this will be RPG) + proper hardcore gameplay design..

IT would be lovely.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm pretty sure a Platinum Games RPG would look like Infinite Space...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom