Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Heading back Rhenmyr explains Borric's plan. "Did she say where we might find the spear?"

Marcán blinks. "Should've asked that, but no. I assume it's in the cave. Quite a sound plan, and would work nicely for the solution. Except as it flees, we track it!"

I may not have made this clear. Ulfheonar was laid to rest with his spear, if I missed that, it was something I meant to tell you in Brule's telling of the story.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When I said cave, I meant the resting place. I was certain it was a cave. I can go back and edit that if you want.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The tomb the locals will be super pissed if we loot? Wonderful. Anyway, off to work.

L'ennui

Magister
As Marcán recounts how the wolf-being can be banished, Urash is coming back to the square and drops a pile of wooden scraps, beams, planks and sticks.

Looking at the strands of magical hair, he cannot help but wring his hands covetously, feeling at once a great excitement and a stinging regret at the thought that there had been a well of arcane knowledge in this very village all along, right under his nose...

"Fascinating... Perhaps I was wrong to turn the old witch away when I arrived here.", he mumbles to himself in Acadian.

Snapping from his reverie, Urash points to the collected wood and to the two villagers still salvaging what they can;

"This is a start. We could sharpen these into makeshift stakes to corral the beast into Borric and Marcán's trap."

L'ennui

Magister
Urash unsheathes an ornate dagger from his belt, caresses the edge of the blade with his forefingers as if to test its edge, and gives it to Cormac.

"This blade is not the sharpest, but it should do for our purpose."

Urash then goes back to the ruined houses to check on Torg and Ulem. If enough wood has already been salvaged, he will help them carry it back to the square and the trio will join Cormac to fashion stakes.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr nods to Borric knowingly. "I'll go check on our friend." Then he begins to follow Urash but when out of sight sneaks toward the greathouse.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker walks around, thinking about what he could do to help. "Of course! Once again, fire is the best option! And no, I don't mean creating fire barricades which would certainly end up burning the whole village - as soon as the wolf is in sight, I will illuminate it with faerie fire. It'll last for 1 hour, enough for the combat and helpful for pursuing it. I will go rest right to restore my equilibrium."
Ker will rest and memorize Detect Magic, Faerie Fire and Warp Wood

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker walks around, thinking about what he could do to help. "Of course! Once again, fire is the best option! And no, I don't mean creating fire barricades which would certainly end up burning the whole village - as soon as the wolf is in sight, I will illuminate it with faerie fire. It'll last for 1 hour, enough for the combat and helpful for pursuing it. I will go rest right to restore my equilibrium."
Ker will rest and memorize Detect Magic, Faerie Fire and Warp Wood

I assume you wish to sit and commit to memory new "prayers." Each "spell" will take 1 turn (ten minutes) per spell level to make the proper propitiation, meditate and commit the various liturgies to memory. This will take 4 turns.

Rhenmyr is able to walk up the ramp to the Greathouse unmolested. The structure is made of rough stone and large timbers and has a high peaked roof of thick thatch. You approach the large double doors and the only sound that greets you is the howling wind coming off the lake and the loud guttering of two bronze braziers.

Meanwhile down in the village square

You spend at least a good hour or so preparing defenses around the village. You to lay several barricades of sharpened wood, lashed together with rope and leather straps and blocking the paths that lead out of the square, except for the path from the main gate. Satisfied that you've done what you can, you sit back and wait . . . and wait . . . and wait some more. Several hours pass and no sign of the wolf is seen.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr tries to scout the outside of the great house then find a place to hide where he can observe the door.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"What the hell is taking so long?" Marcán begins to look impatient. "Does this typically happen, Urash?"

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tired of waiting, Borric decides to openly challenge the Wolf.
He yells to the open air in his own Kurgan tongue, for a taunt is a taunt, no matter the words.
"Wolf! Craven cur! I dare you to face me! I defy you and spit on your face! You are naught but a lowly mongrel, unfit to lick the arse of the lowliest pox-infested mother-loving leper in the worst of the Illyrian slums! A pox on your flea-infested rotgut cowardly hide! You can't even find a rat unless it came and pissed on your face! A dead worm could hunt better than you, you yellow-livered snake-spined bargain-heap excuse of a worthless lice-ridden mangy mongrel cur!

I am Borric of the Kurgan tribe of the Thundering Aurochs, and I defy you to face me!"

He spits on the ground in defiance of the Wolf.

nikolokolus Should I do a taunt roll?

L'ennui

Magister
Leaning on his staff and looking nervously at the village walls all around, Urash says to Marcán:

"I could not say, friend Marcán. I arrived to this place well after they instituted the sacrifices, and have not seen an attack with my own eyes."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr find a shadowy nook just beyond the light cast by the braziers -- a point about halfway between the front door of the great house and the cremation biers.

Down in the square, Borric shouts his taunt into the wind; the only reply is a distant echo reverberating off the hills.

Nervous glances are exchanged between Torg and Ulem before Fidach breaks the silence a few moments later, "Perhaps the beast will not come?" He says hopefully.

Everyone roll a d6.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
If this roll is for surprise, we could be screwed...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom