Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As the night goes, Ker try to learn more about the babbling giant before he gets too drunk.
"So, you are Socratiz, that's right? My name is Ker, you understand? Ker. K - e - r. We take the boat to Odessos tomorrow, alright?" What are you looking for there?"

Afterwards, Ker tries to find some quiet place to meditate and rest a bit.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Earlier to Heron

"Well Heron, It's my job to seek out and safeguard knowledge of civilizations past. The ruins of my homeland generally keep me busy, but occasionally trips further afield are necessary. While I'm up here, it would be nice to learn somewhat about the civilization hereabouts before our friend and his compatriots arrived." Rhenmyr indicates the Hyperborean with a glance. "And you, Heron. You're rather well spoken for this establishment. What brings you here?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
One by one, people stagger off to find sleep. Two of Zelkor's slaves curl up near the fire-pit, while the serving wench rousts the passed out barkeep, slings his arm over her shoulder and leads him unstably towards the exit. A hush falls over the hall as the door loudly squeaks shut behind them.

If anyone has plans other than sleep, now is the time to say something.

bert

Arcane
Paladin Sokrates joins his new friends for drinks at the longhouse perhaps a tad too eagerly. He is one of the most rowdy of the group, slamming on the table numerous times with massive palms and downing ales like they were nothing until the bartender began to complain about it. Of course, how he'll pay it remains a mystery. Somebody in green - was it green? - asked Sokrates a question to which he stuttered out, "Err... er.. no Odessos.. Nooooo. No Odessos.." It seems the big man has changed his mind, or maybe he was too drunk to comprehend his words.

Once everything is drunk and done, Sokrates heads off to sleep. He prefers the outdoors rather than staying in the longhouse itself, so he staggers outside before collapsing a few feet away from the door. The rough impact seemed to have no effect on Sokrates, as he immediately begins to curl up and sleep soundly.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán skips the drinks for the evening, and goes to rest after all the pleasantries were over with. He remembers the last time he drank too much ale the day before a job, and doesn't want to repeat the same mistake again - especially when family is involved.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Everyone but bert roll a d6. If you have an intelligence above 12 add 1 to the roll, if you have an intelligence below 9, subtract 1, and If you've been drinking all night subtract 1.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Earlier to Rhenmyr.
"Well, much like you I am a bit of a lore seeker myself. I don't particularly take an interest in ancient civilisations for their own sake, though I will take what I can of their wisdom. There is significant value to be found there and it ought not to be forgotten. As for why I'm here in Hyperborean lands? I've come to Odessos seeking whispers of a rare book, a book I fear may be the only chance I have of surviving the misfortune of my birth much longer" Heron smiles sourly, gesturing at his body "I do not yet know what I will have to do in return for its gift, but I suspect that whatever it is, it will not be easy on me." He shrugs "Such is the whim of fate, I may yet be lucky. Once I am in the city I will find out the price I need to pay, and do what I can from there. Exchanging favour for favour, until I have paid the necessary price." Heron looks down at his cup with a frown "Empty. Join me for another round of this wretched stuff?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Earlier to Heron

"Sure, one more wont put me under the table. Best to keep your wits about you in strange environs. I'm sure there's even more behind behind your story, and I'm sure some of it is none too pleasant. I wish you luck in your quest. Perhaps you may yet best fate. If my errand doesn't prove time consuming, I'd be willing to help. Always looking for ancient lore. Hmm. What do you make of that lot that just came in? The two Kelts and their two rather large companions."
Rhenmyr nods to newly entered group of four.

nikolokolus

Arcane
It's deep into the night and everyone in the hall has been soundly sleeping for some time. However, Heron, Marcán, and Borric are suddenly roused from sleep when a gust of cold night air sweeps across the floor and causes the privacy curtain at this end of the hall to flutter a bit. A moment later you hear the unmistakable sound of a squeaking hinge and a soft click.

Rhenmyr and Ker snore softly.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric moves towards the privacy curtain, as quietly as possible, ears open for any sign.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán whispers to the those that are awake, "I'm not the only that heard that, right?" After that, Marcán walks over to Ker, and tries to wake him by shaking him profusely. He whispers, "Ker, get up you lazy prick!"

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker wakes up suddenly to somebody shaking him like a rag doll.
"Wh...what the hell?"
He opens his eyes to see his "friend" smiling smugly at him.
"Oh for f... Marcán, what? It's not morning yet, let me sleep you bastard..."

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Earlier to Rhenmyr
"Ah, them? They strike me as trouble. They look like they've a grim purpose about them that could sweep up a man into danger if he's none too careful." Heron shrugs "I've a predilection for caution however, I'm sure nothing bad will come of their presence. If you are truly interested, we can speak more on what I seek on the way to Odessos."

Later
Heron crawls to a point where he can observe the longhouse's entrance, attempting to conceal himself underneath his furs as best as he can.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Earlier to Heron
"I wouldn't turn down good story. Especially on what will hopefully be an uneventful river crossing. On the morrow, then!"

Later
Not noticing the actions in the room, Rhenmyr continues to sleep.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The Longhouse has gone absolutely silent, save for Rhenmyr's soft snoring.

Heron lays on the floor peering under the curtain and into the gloom intently. However, nothing seems to be moving or stirring; with the dying light cast by the central fire pit you can just make out that the front door appears to be firmly shut. At the opposite end of the longhouse some sixty feet away its too dark to see into the other sleeping area.

Before we go any further, make sure you are familiar with the combat and magic sections of the house rules pdf. You might have missed it, since I compiled it and added it just this week, but I created a "cheat sheet" that neatly summarizes the most important bits. If you already looked at it, then you'll notice that I edited a couple of sections and added a couple of boons that I'd forgotten to put in the original by sheer oversight - namely, "The rule of d30" and Magic-Users have a bit more flexibility with the "maleficence" and "counterspell" mechanics. Let me know if these changes are agreeable or a problem."

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
After perhaps a minute of waiting and listening intently, you are all - everyone who is awake at least - suddenly startled by a heavily muted, but distinct cry of pain coming from beyond the longhouse, but it's impossible to say where the sound originated from.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric grabs Marcan and gestures towards the sound, indicating that they try to be as quiet as possible.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
As he hears the cry of pain, Ker suddenly stops whining and get very quiet.
He turns towards Marcan and quietly asks him
"Are we under attack? You saw anything?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom