Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Quick bit of housekeeping: Everyone needs to add +5 to their Allegiance "Light" or "Balance" (your choice) for your actions against Blaidd Mawr, and +2 points to your light score for toppling Talorc and Syelle Ru. Additionally everyone needs to roll 1d100 and compare it to your highest Allegiance score. If the result is less than or equal, then roll 1D6 and add it to this score.

Now, for those that interacted with the black pool . . . roll 1d100. If the result is higher than your Shadow score, then add 1d6 points to Shadow (Ker and Urash . . . I can't remember anybody else, but if I forgot you then go ahead and roll).

Moving forward I intend to award and subtract allegiance points for actions that warrant it, and occaional allegiance checks and tests when appropriate. Just be aware, no matter your score you don't have to declare an allegiance if you don't want to.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
If you open your character sheet and find wounds ticked off, that's because I added them proportionate to your old HP/damage.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán responds to Urash, "Indeed, it's not like we can return the gifts. That would disrespect the clan, even if the gesture wasn't ill-intentioned."

Cormac walks to a corner of the house and sets his bags down. "Cousin, I spent the day preparing the dead for their burial. Even those that probably didn't deserve it. The village brought us gifts? I am starving from working all day. I think I might need to sample some of what they left."

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab takes a large swig of whiskey from one of the flasks, "Ahh. Tha's the good stuff."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"We can prepare a festival with Brule after we rid ourselves of Uvan. The people can celebrate, and truly work on rebuilding what they have lost, while learning from the past. I can only hope there are those up to the task. We can use the funds we have now to stock up, however. I can't imagine tracking down such a man will be easy."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker, Marcán, Cormac and Mab would all know this (No world lore roll needed). Hospitality and accepting hospitality are bedrock principles to Kelts and Picts. Refusing a gift is a sign of disrespect.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I would prefer to spend the largess from the cave to help support and rebuild the town. Evil came upon them, and I don't relish carrying that much metal out of here anyway. Perhaps purchases would be more palatable to the locals than charity."

edit

Rhenmyr looks into binding his wounds taken in the fall.
Physik: [1d100] = 9
How many more wounds did I take? I'd like to treat as many as I can. Huzzah for non-magical ways to heal!

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
"I would prefer to spend the largess from the cave to help support and rebuild the town. Evil came upon them, and I don't relish carrying that much metal out of here anyway. Perhaps purchases would be more palatable to the locals than charity."

edit

Rhenmyr looks into binding his wounds taken in the fall.
Physik: [1d100] = 9
How many more wounds did I take? I'd like to treat as many as I can. Huzzah for non-magical ways to heal!
Ooof . . . that's a good question, and short of sifting back through everything, I'm just going to say everybody can try to heal 2 wounds with Physik or Heal. So two physik rolls per character (these rolls can be attempted by anyone including your character) and 1 heal spell per character.

Don't forget, Physik and Heal spells are doubled because you have Heroic Hit Points.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Something that will help me immensely when you guys post your rolls. Please include the target number.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Ah sorry. Target was 57. So, I think the first roll of 9 was special success. If so, I think Rhenmyr's all healed up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The night deepens and the mead lessens. Finally the 8 gallon cask tumbles to the floor empty and the troupe is good and drunk. Shortly thereafter, sleep overtakes you one-by-one and you sleep the dreamless slumber that only the truly exhausted can experience.

Much later, a loud clap of wood on wood rouses you and the blinding light of day streams in through a rudely opened shutter. The smell of smoky meat and bacon fills your nostrils and when your eyes adjust, you see Brule hunched over the central fire-pit of the common room fussing with an iron pan.

"Ah, you wake! Are all southmen so soft that they sleep all day while honest folk work?" He flashes a bemused grin, "My cooking is nothing like Oona's" He grimaces a bit, "But, fried backstrap and pork is easy enough. There's also some hardtack biscuits on the table too, and fresh goat's milk one of the villager's was kind enough to bring by. You'll want to eat quickly, I think the remaining elders in The Circle would like to talk with you."

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Rhenmyr comes awake and blinks blearily. Blocking the dastardly sun with his hand, he takes in the scene. "That smells nice." Getting up and fetching himself breakfast he asks, "What do you think the elders would have of us?"

Cormac stirs, tired from working the previous day. "It will do Brule. Afterall of the work yesterday I'll eat anything. You should also remember what we have been eating for the past few weeks." Cormac sits down at the table and begins to load a plate with food.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom