Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab stands, holding his head, and grabs a slice of pork and begins to chew silently.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Same, I'd like to recover something. Not too comfortable being on the brink of death for long.

"Much appreciated, Brule. When all you eat are rations for weeks on end, you begin to enjoy any cooked meal." He takes a long swig at the milk while grabbing some biscuits and pork.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Didn't get to post yesterday evening; is it too late for retroactive Physik rolls?
Same, I'd like to recover something. Not too comfortable being on the brink of death for long.
Physik can be applied to others too. So if you can't play doctor yourself, someone else can.

As he points out, physik is basicaly first-aid and can be done to yourself or to others. the only restriction is one attempt at physik per wound. I can't rememeber exactly how many wounds everyone suffered to lose their Hit Points, so I'm just ruling that everyone lost them with two separate wounds -- thus two physik rolls on any character. So, this is where you have to decide if you let the best healer do all of the work and have the best shot, or do you try to use a low physik skill to earn a check mark on used skill? Fumbles (99 or 00) mean you inflict damage. Also, if anyone has a heal spell, that can be used if physik doesn't work.

If the physik roll fails on a given wound, then it can only heal with rest or a heal spell -- no further physik rolls.

Breakfast is rapidly consumed, and between bites Brule answers Rhenmyr's query, "I don't know what they want. They're a closed-mouthed bunch and keep close counsel -- I suppose that's why they're the Elders?" He laughs at some joke only he seems to get.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I just want to put this out there: You earn skill "check-marks" whenever you successfully use a skill and there is either some consequence for failure or you are under duress. Because physik has a risk of inflicting wounds on yourself it is always considered consequential; not every skill is like that however.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As breakfast wraps up, people spend some time binding their wounds and scrapes accumulated over the hard days of the last few weeks. A loud rap on the door to the hostelry rouses everyone out of their labors. Brule strides to the door and opens it. A woman of great beauty and stateliness, garbed in a white dress and a green shawl, ducks into the common room -- Aphrodisias cleaned-up, groomed and looking every bit the part a high-born Illyrian noblewoman.

Brule stands back, his mouth agape, and stammers, "Wh-h-h-o . . . Who are you?!"

Aphrodisias pats the side of his cheek, "All in good time Brule." She sweeps her gaze on the group, "Now then, we have much to do and much to learn. I suspect it may take me some weeks to conduct my studies and perform the proper divinations. The moon Selene will be in her fullness in about 30 days or so (FYI: I finally got around to finalizing the calendar in a way that I like it, read this to find out more) It will be much easier for me to cast the proper incantations at that time and feel the sight." She nods self-satisfied and turns and exits, "I believe you are being summoned?" She inclines her head at the young man standing outside the hostlery, the son of the slain elder Gorma.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán waves the man in. "Come in, come in. Do you mean to speak with us?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The young man looks quizically at Aphrodisias for a moment or two and watches her depart before he snaps out of his reverie and enters the room and nods respectfully, "Begging your pardon, I've been sent to fetch you all." He turns to Brule, "You as well." He pauses for a long time, "Who in the blue hells was that?"

Siveon

Bot
Marcán gives the man a smile, "You wouldn't believe us if we told you, just think of her as a friend of ours. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to introduce herself at a more opportune moment. As for right now, show us to the elders!" Marcán stands and stretches. He turns to the rest, "...Unless we have something to do?"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"I see no reason not to go there straightaway. Any business we have can most likely wait till after this meeting."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The youth nods, "Aye, Cingetorix, Domelch, and Taran are up at the chieftain's hall." Without ceremony, he turns and strides across the village square and leads the way up the switch-backs to the vacant hall of Talorc.

When you arrive, the three middle-aged men who can only be the aforementioned, stand and bow their heads slightly. "Come in friends," says one of the men with a long white beard and a glaucous eye.

And Cormac gets into the DeLorean, goes back in time a few minutes and asks. "Who was that woman? How does she know you all?" With a puzzled look on his face.

Cormac enters the room behind the others, scans around before setting his eyes on the elders. He bows slightly in respect.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker looks at Cormac with a puzzled look. "Have you been living under a rock the past few days? Tsk tsk tsk"
He then goes to bow with the bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom