Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I already rolled cast of thunderwave in roll20 before but then realized I'd wait if the wolf Thomas was beating survived the blow. Is it ok if I switch to poison spray instead to save the spellslot since an aoe is no longer needed?

If so I would cast poison spray to W1:

81UVPEd.png

Dmg roll would even be the same as I did with thunderwave before :)

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mardrey: She cast poison spray at the wolf, dealing 8 points of damage. The wolf howled in pain, coughing green gas and stumbling about.

Jess: She loaded another bolt, but couldn't load it fast enough with Bodyguard 2 so close. She pulled out a short sword and swung at the hulking man, missing him.

Wolf 4: It bit at Brytter and missed.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter <-- current turn
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

zGYT0it.jpg

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasn't intending to criticize the size of the map itself, I was just wondering if there's a way for me to save it at a different size for posting. I actually like having your map image be nice and large, makes it easy to see what's going on and work with in Paint.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jess: She loaded another bolt, but couldn't load it fast enough with Bodyguard 2 so close. She pulled out a short sword and swung at the hulking man, missing him.

If Jess attacked B2 in melee, is my readied attack also resolved?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter: He swung his greatsword at the wolf but missed it.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel <-- current turn (GrafvonMoltke)
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

zGYT0it.jpg

I wasn't intending to criticize the size of the map itself, I was just wondering if there's a way for me to save it at a different size for posting. I actually like having your map image be nice and large, makes it easy to see what's going on and work with in Paint.

I see. If you're comfortable with the command line, you could use imagemagick to resize:

Code:
convert -i map.jpg -resize <width>x ./out.jpg

If you prefer a GUI, you could use GIMP to resize the image to whatever you want. Another option is using a web-based image resize, like http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/ or the myriad of websites found with a web search.

Yes, it does.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Yse, it does.

So how did it go then? :)

Reposting the rolls, just in case:
3. Ready action to attack right after Jess (if she would do that) to gain sneak attack bonus.

To save the time, I'll make attack rolls, just disregard them, if the guide backstab the dorfie instead.

bShl0ss.png
Not sure if Mumbles' inspiration is in effect or not.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Colonel: He swung his short sword, slashing the wolf for 3 points of damage.

Kilur: With the Bodyguard fixated on Jess, the dwarf slid next to the large man and dove a knife into his side, dealing 11 points of damage.

Wolf 3: The beast bit at the Colonel, missing by a long shot.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur <-- current turn
Mumbles
Bodyguard 2
Wolf 1
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

zGYT0it.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
With a shower of blood Kilur jerked his sword out of the big guy's side and plunged it back in.

Another attack on B2.
3bAYs9e.png

If it's enough to kill him, move action to grab the crossbow off the ground if I can.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: He jabbed the knife into Bodyguard 2 again, dealing a fatal blow.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles <-- current turn
Wolf 1
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

sN9HJWm.jpg

vazha

Arcane
I should be behind the wolf, btw. Mumbles will do a special impale attack that he learned in the Northern Mountains. The less specific I am about the maneuver, the better you ll sleep at night, believe me.
So, rolling with advantage...
24 attack, 11 slashing damage. I believe Mumbles now is in possession of a rather furry popsicle.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I should be behind the wolf, btw. Mumbles will do a special impale attack that he learned in the Northern Mountains. The less specific I am about the maneuver, the better you ll sleep at night, believe me.
24 attack, 11 slashing damage. I believe Mumbles now is in possession of a rather furry popsicle.
I had to redo the map because the original file got corrupted when moving between two computers. I confirmed your position from a previous post.

Please explain how you're rolling advantage

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had to redo the map because the original file got corrupted when moving between two computers. I confirmed your position from a previous post.

Please explain how you're rolling advantage
The wolf is upset.

vazha

Arcane
Would have got the wolfington with or without advantage. You really need to throw something more menacing at us, chief

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mumbles: He slashed at the wolf, dealing a fatal blow to the beast.

Wolf 1: The wolf bites at Mardrey, dealing 4 points of damage.

Hunter: From among the trees, the Hunter whispered an incantation to himself. Suddenly, the ground under Brytter and Mumbles transformed from snow white to dark brown. Little growth spikes sprouted from the beneath their feet. They were trapped.

[Fieldset=OOC]The terrain below you becomes difficult. For every 5 feet you move, you receive 2d4 damage.[/Fieldset]

Bodyguard 1: The Bodyguard draws an arrow and fires it at Brytter, dealing 6 points of damage.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Wolf 1
Bodyguard 1
Thomas <-- current turn
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

1KpsPHD.jpg

vazha

Arcane
Duck, you sucker! - Shouted Mumbles and fell down face first on the thorny ground. Sustain 1 damage :happy:

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tom moved slowly through the brush to the east, his hands starting to throw sparks and glow a soft orange. "Spike Growth! Damn! We're in for it if we don't deal with that one. Lady, Kilur," he spoke in their direction as he moved, "think you can hit him? Maybe we can cause enough distraction to keep him from causing trouble. In the meantime, I think I'll work to free up the good 'Colonel'..." having arrived at his chosen spot, he focused on the wolf dancing around Moldcock, then threw his hand out in front of him, firing a slim bolt of fiery energy at it.

Battle Map.jpg
and a Fire Bolt at W3:
Attack Result.PNG

Does my familiar take damage going through the Spike Growth?

Sorry for taking so long, I've been away from my computer basically all day.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Thomas: The firebolt left his hands and struck Wolf 3 on its side, its fur charring to black. It's severely hurt, but still standing.

Does my familiar take damage going through the Spike Growth?
Yes, only if it moves right now.

Mardrey: More poison gas enveloped the wolf. The beat chocked and dropped dead.

Jess: "Spread out!" she shouted to everyone. "Take cover!" She picked up her crossbow and reloads it, firing a bolt at the Hunter in the woods, dealing 7 points of damage.

Wolf 4: It takes a bite at Brytter but missed.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Wolf 4
Brytter <-- current turn
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

nHC6kJV.jpg

Last edited:

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Is the turn order wrong? I read it as W4 going next, who is currently next to Darkfyre. Wolf 3 doesn't go until after the Colonel, no?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Is the turn order wrong? I read it as W4 going next, who is currently next to Darkfyre. Wolf 3 doesn't go until after the Colonel, no?
You're correct. I misread the wolves. I fixed the turn order, and the Colonel is still alive. Thanks for spotting.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I will be out of town this weekend until Monday. I'll try to get as many turns done today as possible.

Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter: He swung his greatsword at the wolf, cleaving the beast in two. Blood painted the snowy ground red. Some of the gore splattered onto Brytter and Mumbles

Colonel: He thrusted his shortsword at the wolf, the tip piercing the animal for 1 point of damage.

Wolf 3: Angry at the attack, the wolf bit at the Colonel, dealing 5 points of damage. The colonel is barely hanging on by a thread.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur <-- current turn
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel
Wolf 3

Battle map
+------------------+

1ihEcMK.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom