Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kilur grabbed his crossbow with a grin of grim satisfaction.
- Stop feeding the animals, blondie! - yelled the dorf and discharged Fouruner into the wolf, before ducking into the bushes.

1. I hope Kilur picked his crossbow up last round (as I asked), if not than Move Action to do it now.

2. Attack on W3
HkG8V23.png

3. Getting into cover. Depending on p.1 - move action to the square left from Tom, or 5-ft step to the square right from Jess.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: He shot a bolt at the wolf near the Colonel. It pierced clean through the beast's head, killing it instantly.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles <-- current turn
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+
MQCEGda.jpg

vazha

Arcane
I leroy all the way to the bodyguard 1 and headbutt him.

if 16 attack hits him, then he sustains a joyous 5 points of damage and also moral humiliation to boot.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I leroy all the way to the bodyguard 1 and headbutt him.

if 16 attack hits him, then he sustains a joyous 5 points of damage and also moral humiliation to boot.
How much of that thorn damage are you taking?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
vazha: Are you sure you want to move? If you sprint to the Bodyguard, you'll take 2d4 for every 5 feet because the Spike Growth the Hunter cast is 20 feet around you, Brytter, and the cat. From my notes about Mumble's health, he won't make it to the Bodyguard.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
vazha: Are you sure you want to move? If you sprint to the Bodyguard, you'll take 2d4 for every 5 feet because the Spike Growth the Hunter cast is 20 feet around you, Brytter, and the cat. From my notes about Mumble's health, he won't make it to the Bodyguard.
What will it take for Brytter to boost Mumbles on to the nearest tree so he and then I can jump some of the distance out of the thorned earth?
Alternatively we can stay on the tree while someone torches the thorns away.

vazha

Arcane
What will it take for Brytter to boost Mumbles on to the nearest tree so he and then I can jump some of the distance out of the thorned earth?
waiting verdict on this one first
Option b: Can I mock the bodyguard and provoke him into charging us? )

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

This would take a strength check to boost Mumble up. Mumbles would then need to roll athletics to latch onto the tree and keep his balance.

waiting verdict on this one first
Option b: Can I mock the bodyguard and provoke him into charging us? )
This is also a valid option.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

vazha

Arcane
*I needz ammunition, not a ride*

One giant leap for Mumbles, one small step for Orc-kind! - Mumbles shouts as he is tossed over by Brytter like a human orc javelin towards the startled bodyguard.
That works?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
*I needz ammunition, not a ride*

One giant leap for Mumbles, one small step for Orc-kind! - Mumbles shouts as he is tossed over by Brytter like a human orc javelin towards the startled bodyguard.
That works?

Let's see how this goes. Brytter, roll strength. Mumbles roll dexterity.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter winced in pain as the thorns on the ground poked at his feet. But he kept his cool, focusing on throwing Mumbles toward the bodyguard. He reached under the half-orc's leg, grabbing his groin and lifting him several feet into the hair, using his other hand to steady his throw. Mumbles shrieked in pain.

"Oh, c'mon on mayyyyyne. Y u gotta do that? I'm in some fuckin' payyyyy-"

Brytter threw the half-orc 20 feet, an insane feat of strength. Mumbles landed at the edge of the spike growth, head first into the snow.

The bodyguard ran over to the Mumbles. And, when he was about to kick Mumbles, he jumped up and headbutted the large man with his forehead, doing 5 points of damage.

Hunter: The man was not amused and fired an arrow at Brytter, missing the barbarian wildly.

Bodyguard 1: The man's nose started to bleed. He gave a power yellow and swung at Mumbles, hitting only air.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas <-- current turn
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

55eRjZa.png

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
With a snarl, Tom crept forward through the bushes. His hands glowed once again, this time an oily brownish-green. "Let's see if I can return the favor," he said, as a ray shot forward, causing a slimy puddle of grease to erupt around the hunter.

In the meantime, the cat deftly climbed up Brytter's back and perched calmly on his shoulder with a soft meow, clearly intending to hitch a ride out of the thorn patch. "Lady," he called to Mardrey, "I think our good Colonel got savaged pretty badly, he might need help!"

Sorry for taking so long, I didn't look at Codex at all yesterday due to Easter.

Grease as indicated, kitty hops a ride.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Thomas: The grease flew at the Hunter. He tried to maneuver but couldn't keep his balance, falling straight on his stomach.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey (Scroo, you're up) <-- current turn
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

55eRjZa.png

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can I get to the colonel and cast cure Wounds in one round? Or is the distance too far?
Halflings have base speed 25 ft, that's 5 squares.
So you can't reach Colonel and act.
But you probably can delay your action untill (if) he move closer to you on his turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom