Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mardrey prayed to Mother to channel her energy through Mardrey's hands. When she heard the trees whispering she pressed her hands on the colonel's heavily wounded body, flowing some of Mother's force into him causing some of his wounds to close.

x279AE9.png

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mardrey: Through the power of prayer, she healed the Colonel to full life.

Jess: "This time I'll hit the bastard," she muttered under her breath, raising her crossbow and letting a bolt loose at the Hunter, hitting the man for 6 points of damage.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter <-- current turn
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

ZE1ez6Y.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
moving to the other nearest tree and dropping down when I am out of thorn range.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter: The barbarian easily swung between trees to land outside the thorns. He is not on clear slow.

Colonel: Feeling rejuvenated and knowing he had a lot of ground to cover to get to the Hunter, he loaded his light crossbow and fired it at the man. He hit the Hunter, but, the bolt wasn't strong enough to pierce skin.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur <-- current turn
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

CVFORRs.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Thomas turned to the others nearby with a concerned look. "I say, do we want either of these ruffians alive?"

"They would be better off dead, if they know what is good for them." - The dorf shot a quick worried glance at Mumbles. - "You hear me, punks?! You better die right bloody now!!"

To punctuate his message, Kilur sent another bolt at the burning man.

Z7KB23f.png

Btw, I suspect that Colonel dealt 0 damage, because he has no damage dice assigned to his weapon. %)

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Thank you for spotting the die issue. I added one to the Colonel and, on reroll, he still missed.

Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: The dwarf shot another bolt at the Hunter, hitting the man right in the stomach for 9 points of damage. He screamed in pain. He's not doing well.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles <-- current turn
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

CVFORRs.jpg

vazha

Arcane
"Sorry, bruv, gotta go. No moar games I am afraid" - Mumbles apologized as he slashed with his longsword at the bleeding bandit.

attack 14, damage 13 if hits

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mumbles: The half-orc slashed at the bodyguard, missing by a hair.

Hunter: He tried, once again to put the fire slowly burning through his clothes out but failed, taking 4 points of damage.

Bodyguard: Blood ran down the man's face. He slashed at Mumbles with his sword, doing 4 points of damage. He hangs on by a thread.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas <-- current turn
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

CVFORRs.jpg

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thomas looked around, unsure what action to take. Attempting to get close enough to threaten the burning figure seemed like a bad idea in his current condition...

"Well... better roasted then threatening, as my Basics of Applied Magical Combat Theory professor once told me, I suppose," he mumbled to himself. He stretched his hand out, another bolt of searing orange flame spitting at the figure.

Fuck me, I thought I responded with my action earlier, very sorry guys. I'm going to stay in place and launch a Fire Bolt. Kitty moves to Mumbles in prep for a Guidance cast.
oUW1nze.png

PS: anyone know how to embed an imgur image without the white border surrounding it? Or does that just come with the non-subscriber image hosting?

Edit: test. Test. Test. SUCCESS! Those sneaky faggots at Imgur.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
After you upload the image to Imgur, right click on the image, click on Open image in New Tap. That'll take you to the actual link. You can then throw it in
Code:
[img]<link>[/img]
to show just the image.

Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: He launches at the Hunter, hitting the man for 3 points of damage. The already-on-fire Hunter gets doused in even more flame. He tries to extinguish it but, once again, fails to do so, taking 7 points of damage. The fire sears into his clothes. His skin begins to smell of burnt flesh.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey <-- current turn
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

4vSzEE7.jpg

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mardrey looked around the battlefield. She was wounded and not a well versed melee combatant but she also felt that Mother's whisper was only faint by now and she would need to rest to understand Mother's words again. She pondered on her options for a brief moment and then reached out for the colonel, touching his arm while whistling a tune Mother taught her. Hopefully this would help the colonel to succeed in whatever his next action would be.

I'm out of ideas and poison spray's range is shit so I'll cast guidance on the colonel

UTgHafb.png

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mardrey: She cast Guidance on the Colonel.

Jess: "God damn it, you son of a bitch," she whispered to herself. "I'll get you this time." She loaded a bolt and fired it at the Hunter, hitting him for 6 points of damage. The Hunter is not looking good at all.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter <-- current turn
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

CVFORRs.jpg

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Charge to B1 and whack him
With what?
Barehanded if I'm not carrying the greatsword.
Thus, to wit.
View attachment 24241
I believe charging carries advantage? Not sure so rolled twice.
I assume you sheathed the greatsword when you made your way through the tree. So, unless you explicitly say you unsheathed your greatsword, yes, you are attacking with you just your fist. (This is more of a confirmation)

Charging is not part of 5E, from reading looking through the rulebook. There's the Charger feat, but I see Brytter didn't take it. I'll allow the advantage roll, but to keep things simple in the future, just move then make the hit. Does that work? If so, I'll update the map.

vazha

Arcane
I am already engaged with the bodybro, so he'd likely be able to flank him / get advantage regardless of the charge.
Go smash his face ERYFKRAD !

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Charge to B1 and whack him
With what?
Barehanded if I'm not carrying the greatsword.
Thus, to wit.
View attachment 24241
I believe charging carries advantage? Not sure so rolled twice.
I assume you sheathed the greatsword when you made your way through the tree. So, unless you explicitly say you unsheathed your greatsword, yes, you are attacking with you just your fist. (This is more of a confirmation)

Charging is not part of 5E, from reading looking through the rulebook. There's the Charger feat, but I see Brytter didn't take it. I'll allow the advantage roll, but to keep things simple in the future, just move then make the hit. Does that work? If so, I'll update the map.
It's all jake with me.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Brytter: Ran toward the Bodyguard and punched him straight in the neck, dealing 5 points of damage. He is near death.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel <-- current turn (NJClaw: Now that you're in control of the Colonel, you can move him this turn.)

Battle map
+------------------+

bgFbbFr.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom