Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Can I get to the colonel and cast cure Wounds in one round? Or is the distance too far?
Nortar is correct. You'd be too far. Keep in mind Brytter is in the center of Spike Growth, which is currently covering about 5x5 blocks around him, and Mumbles is just outside the ring, so Mardrey would need to figure out a way to circumnavigate that terrain.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can I get to the colonel and cast cure Wounds in one round? Or is the distance too far?
Nortar is correct. You'd be too far. Keep in mind Brytter is in the center of Spike Growth, which is currently covering about 5x5 blocks around him, and Mumbles is just outside the ring, so Mardrey would need to figure out a way to circumnavigate that terrain.
Grab a rope, toss one end to me and I will hammer throw the halfing. :lol:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If Catacombs is fine with this we can try it for sure :lol:

Can't think of anything else that's helpful right now :oops:
Actually I think my turn is spent of orc tossing. Might have to wait a turn in which case you might as well start legging it.
Maybe just grapnel your way to the Colonel.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Okay I would like to make my way towards the colonel then. I wanna avoid visible dangers ofc and try to move around the bushes

Mardrey bit her lip and checked her own wounds. She was bleeding but it was bearable. Pondering on what to do she decided to move forward towards the near dead colonel. She knew she had to enter the battlefield to get to him and it would take her a couple of seconds but she couldn't let the human die. She crawled out from the bushes and started running towards him with her heart pounding heavily.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Okay I would like to make my way towards the colonel then. I wanna avoid visible dangers ofc and try to move around the bushes

Mardrey bit her lip and checked her own wounds. She was bleeding but it was bearable. Pondering on what to do she decided to move forward towards the near dead colonel. She knew she had to enter the battlefield to get to him and it would take her a couple of seconds but she couldn't let the human die. She crawled out from the bushes and started running towards him with her heart pounding heavily.

I'm assuming this is a sprint to cover the distance?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Insofar as a halfling can sprint, I suppose.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yes the dash action to be precise, not sure if 5e has running rules. Dash action lets you move twice your normal speed iirc

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Mardrey: She sprinted across the battlefield, trying to make herself as small as possible to the remaining enemies on the field.

Jess: She reloaded her crossbow and fired at the Hunter, once again missing the man.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter <-- current turn
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

GIk1PMZ.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
If my turn was not spent in halforc tossing I'd like to jump to the nearest tree and work out an arboreal path out of the thorned earth.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
If my turn was not spent in halforc tossing I'd like to jump to the nearest tree and work out an arboreal path out of the thorned earth.
You did not use the turn. Roll Dexterity for the jump to the tree and Athletic for your ability to scale it.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
You did not use the turn. Roll Dexterity for the jump to the tree and Athletic for your ability to scale it.
Brytter successfully scaled the tree. I'm interpreting as only movement, so you still have an action left.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Brytter successfully scaled the tree. I'm interpreting as only movement, so you still have an action left.
Spending it on clambering out of thorn range.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Bryter: He crouched, took a deep breath, and leaped to the tree near him. His clamped his arms and legs around the base of the tree and held on for dear life. He then shimmied his way up onto the branches. Thankfully, the tree is strong enough to hold his weight. He's now about 12 feet above the ground and can see the battlefield around him.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur <-- current turn
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

ZE1ez6Y.jpg

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Shooting prone targets is not an easy task, so Kilur got a different idea.
The dwarf darted towards the fire, grabbed another burning stick and chunked it into the area covered by the greasy oily mess.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Shooting prone targets is not an easy task, so Kilur got a different idea.
The dwarf darted towards the fire, grabbed another burning stick and chunked it into the area covered by the greasy oily mess.
Roll strength for how far you throw the torch.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Kilur: The dwarf ran to the fireplace and scooped up a flaming piece of wood. He charged about dozen feet and threw, with all his might, the wood toward the hunter. The wood careened through the air, landing right at the edge of the grease pool at the man's feet. A small ember caught the crease, and, within seconds, the grease ignited, racing toward the man and engulfing his clothes in flame. He's now on fire, receiving 7 points of damage.

Unless the Hunter figures out a way to put out the fire, he will take 2d6 damage each turn.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles <-- current turn
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

ZE1ez6Y.jpg

vazha

Arcane
"I LOVE THE SMELL OF BECON IN THE MORNIN'" - Mumbles sniffed appreciatively as he shared this valuable insight with his adversary.

"Come on, your turn now. Remember: No handz, just your noggin" - he instructed the bodyguard matter-of-factly.

ready action: as soon as he attempts to attack/move, headbutt again

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
"I LOVE THE SMELL OF BECON IN THE MORNIN'" - Mumbles sniffed appreciatively as he shared this valuable insight with his adversary.

"Come on, your turn now. Remember: No handz, just your noggin" - he instructed the bodyguard matter-of-factly.

ready action: as soon as he attempts to attack/move, headbutt again
Roll for the headbutt please.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Battle Log
+------------------+

Hunter: He tried to use the snow to put out the flames, but that failed miserably. He takes 7 more points of damage.

Bodyguard: He attacked Mumbles, missing him entirely. In response, Mumbles headbutt the bodyguard, dealing 5 points of damage.

Order
+------------------+

Kilur
Mumbles
Hunter
Bodyguard 1
Thomas <-- current turn
Mardrey
Jess
Brytter
Colonel

Battle map
+------------------+

ZE1ez6Y.jpg

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thomas turned to the others nearby with a concerned look. "I say, do we want either of these ruffians alive?" In the meantime, he hunkered down and began preparing for a fresh assault.

Stay in place, kitty casts Guidance on Brytter again. Unless she got knocked off when ERYFKRAD went brachiating?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom