Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Potato has arrived!

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Ad-free Codex:

11rbpkz.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord ,

I don't think the potatoes get added from all the campaigns ?

Now, if you donated to one of these campaigns:
+ Wasteland 2
+ Dead State
+ Project: Eternity

You've received +30 days ad-free for every $5 donated as was originally promised. That is, the total amount you've donated to those campaigns (or payments made on your behalf) / 5 * 30 (rounded-up) = total days ad-free. Not only do you get this generous ad-free time but you've also received an extra 180 days ad-free as compensation for it taking so long for me to sort all this out. In all, 263 users have been affected by this update.

These were my personal donations, not counting what other donated onmy behalf:
$26 P-E
$3 DS
$10 W2

Any donations made to the other recent or still active campaigns:
- Tides of Numbers KickStarter
- Divinity: The Sin of KS'ing Early
- Potato 2013

... have received potato as per the terms of that campaign.

$11 D-OS

It counts as me having 36 potatoes. I cannot into potatoe conversion rates etc.
D:OS = 1:1. $11 = 11 potato + $25 = 25 potato from generous Temaperacl contribution = 36 potato

Unless you select the "Anonymous" choice when donating, your user name will be shown in the list of donors under the campaign you donated to (example). Note that this "Anonymous" checkbox option will still record the payment details in our system; this allows you to receive any potato or other benefits associated with that campaign (including optional campaign tags) - but only you and the Codex Administrators will be able to see your payment.

I still don't get why ALL the Codex Administrators need to know the payment details. It's kinda unnerving. I mean, the last time I donated to get one year of free-ad Codex, only Taluntain and DU knew that information. I suspect that this is some Crooked Bee request/shenanigans but still.
Actually it's more of a case where by default, the highest permission option is Administrator, so I code with that in mind. The permission check is "only allow if admin". I did think about making it DU and Taluntain only but this way, the other Admins can potentially fix shit if something goes wrong (you enter an incorrect name while donating and need it tied to your account or something similar). And I'm a big fan of not doing everything myself.

At the moment, only I have access to the PayPal account if something goes wrong on that end, but that may change in future.

Is there a way to make a donation Old-Skool style and then get the potato manually?
Either use the anonymous option at the bottom of the My Account page and then start a conversation with me with those details so I can verify it - or talk with Taluntain and make a physical cash donation.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Glorious potato! Good timing too. The central heating is off, but summer is still over the mountain. Is cold.

How does one go about getting a custom tag with these? Do I throw potato at the monitor until it changes, or I need to upgrade the account the traditional way, or should I save them until such service becomes available?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does one go about getting a custom tag with these? Do I throw potato at the monitor until it changes, or I need to upgrade the account the traditional way, or should I save them until such service becomes available?
c ist richtig

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
what about the most important campaign of them all? the one for/against anime avatars?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, I seriously can't be fucked manually entering any more payments. No other old campaigns will be considered for potato.

How does one go about getting a custom tag with these?
Tags will be available as a default option for any campaign you donated too. As long as you've donated to that campaign (and I might put in a minimum amount like $5), you'll be able to turn on / off the related campaign tag at your leisure. It won't cost any potato to do this.

I am considering a special "Potato King" tag which the person with the highest amount of potato in their account at that time will be able to enable (doing so will disable it from anyone else who had it previously, thus ensuring there is only one potato king at a time).

Custom Titles will come with the Patron tag. The patron tag will be available to anyone who donates to any of the server campaigns.

Custom Avatars we're looking at around 120 - 210 potato. Once enabled, you will be able to upload your own custom avatar and change it as many times as you like.

Early GD Access will probably be around 9,000 potato. Oops I mean 90. Yeah.

I am considering an option to gift potato directly to other users - but that's probably gonna be a while.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Custom Avatars we're looking at around 120 - 210 potato. Once enabled, you will be able to upload your own custom avatar and change it as many times as you like.

Early GD Access will probably be around 9,000 potato. Oops I mean 90. Yeah.

Custom avatar seems a bit pricey. Having access to an entire forum should be considered more valuable than profile ornamentation. Even if that forum is GD.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Custom avatar seems a bit pricey.

I'd say custom avatars should be as pricey as possible. (Assuming DU sorts out the problems with the gallery.)

Well, on SA for example avatars are five bucks, and I imagine GD access would be roughly equivalent to the Platinum Upgrade which is ten bucks. Not saying Codex should use those prices, but the latter is costlier than the former.

I suppose the higher price makes sense if you want to strongly deincentivize custom avatars, though.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Custom avatar seems a bit pricey - on SA for example avatars are five bucks
Isn't that $5 per change though?

Having access to an entire forum should be considered more valuable than profile ornamentation. Even if that forum is GD.
Yeah but you get GD access anyway if you just wait 12 months. And they're not the main attraction here - unlike SA where you can't post anywhere until you cough up some dosh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I suspect a purge in which case I would demand the return of the avatar gallery to its former glory, none of this "xenforo mysteriously refuses to show half of the pictures" shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom