Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress ProfessionalThroneSitters IV, New Choices Edition

What mod do we use, if we use a mod

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
txkzdcU.jpeg

Welcome, welcome to the fourth game of Dominions 6 on the 'Dex. I made a mental note of starting another one when I got the feeling that CodexII was coming to some kind of conclusion and we all know the speed of Codex games starts, we'll start this in a month. This time however I wanted to give some options for variety, so vote on the poll for the various options.

Option 1) Spark of Divinity Mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3240720124 It comes highly recommended by coldcrow and it apparently adds another layer of bullshit with hig-power Pretenders far beyond even the most brutal of Expander builds. Who knows, maybe it could be fun.

Option 2) Sombre's Warhammer Mod. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3082462648 The result of putting together what I presume is years of spritework in a single Warhams mod. It's done by Sombre one of the historical plagues on the community community members and as you will expect the balance is probably crappy as fuck and whatever. But it's a Warhammer mod!

Option 3) We do Vanilla EA with Worthy Heroes or whatever mods get the majority of votes (like the Temporary Gem one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3270479661 ).

Also, importantly when you submit your partecipation tell if you want a Disciple or Standard game. I have nothing against Disciple games (they're faster and comfier) but some people feel strongly about them. Also, your opinion of Binding Diplomacy is welcomed.

We'll go random map because I'm beyond tired to deal with Dominions mapgen by now, it's a ungodly mess. Hehe, ungodly.

Also can someone explain to me why the anime version of MA Xibalba has a shitton of fan arts what's with frogs and people seriously

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I will add a huge caveat: it really enables some broken things. But it could be very funny. Nevertheless I recommend it for noveltie's sake.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The pretender mod looks like a total meme so unless this is supposed to be a meme game I wouldn't like it.

BUT we could do natgen and meme pretenders? Guys? Revive the old natgen craze of Codex?

Andnjord

Arcane
Voting for:
-Warhammer mod, Temp Gem and for the love of the Pantakrator, AI Spellcasting mod!!!!!

-Disciples!

-Whatever about binding diplomacy.

I’m okay with anything though, as long as we use the AI Spellcasting mod pretty please.

I will add though that I won’t join if CodexII will still be running, subbing for Erytheia in CodexIII made me see that I really don’t like playing two Dominions games at once.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I would join, I'm on zero dominions games and a Codex game is always a treat. The pretender mod I vote against, but I'm ok with Warhammer, although I'd prefer vanilla.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm up for a meme game. From what I heard Warhams is kinda all over the place as well, so it's likely to end up as a meme too.

Preferably without binding diplo.

Popot

Augur
Voted for 1, that mod seems nuts. Also I'd prefer a standard game without binding diplo.
Also can someone explain to me why the anime version of MA Xibalba has a shitton of fan arts what's with frogs and people seriously
There's a dedicated imageboard dweller commissioning art of it.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Voted Warhammer, without binding diplo.
Let's go full meme after three serious games.

Tanaka

Scholar
Warhammer Mod would be fun and different. Disciples would be fun and different. I like all mod suggestions and prefer binding diplo.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I love some of the Spark of Divinity ideas. Like this, for example - it's busted, (even if less so then some other options), but, just, hahaha

Teotl of War
Casts Quicken Self & gains 2 Fire gems & 2 Nature gems in battles
Earns experience at twice the normal rate
Each year there will be an Arena held on the 12th month
When competes in Arena, will generate 1500 gold, 9D6 Blood Slaves, summon 16-60 sacred units & a Coatl commander

Andnjord

Arcane
I love some of the Spark of Divinity ideas. Like this, for example - it's busted, (even if less so then some other options), but, just, hahaha

Teotl of War
When competes in Arena, will generate 1500 gold, 9D6 Blood Slaves, summon 16-60 sacred units & a Coatl commander
I can live will all the stuff, except the last one, arena one. Just…why?

Oh well, changed my vote to Sparks. Should be hilarious.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Teotl of War
I can live will all the stuff, except the last one, arena one. Just…why?

Oh well, changed my vote to Sparks. Should be hilarious.
Yes but the mod only changes pretenders while Warhammer does pretenders AND nations and spells too I think.

If we want total meme we could stack mod nations on top of pretenders maybe?

Andnjord

Arcane
Last I checked Warhammer mod was only nations, pretenders were the vanilla ones (maybe save for a couple of them but nothing major).

So yeah, I’d vote for the double whammy, full memes ahead.

orcinator

Liturgist
Having played both of the mods on the blitzserver (one meme game, one blitz with sparks, one full warham game) I guess I'll share some thoughts:

Sparks:
Pros:
Every Pretender gets some gimmick and it adds a few new ones as well encouraging you to play something other than the handful of meta expanders and bless providers/global casters.
Adds more pretenders so you have more room to play with blesses and scales.

Cons:
Worse balance than vanilla, some gimmicks are a lot stronger than others, some are broken. For example you can get a god that gives you free sacred lions or a god that gives you free sacred gryphons. Another example is that one guy on veeg reported that the Pretender that boosts animal Holy Levels keept boosting them beyond H5, he was playing Lanka.
Each tendie having a powerful gimmick means you'll be making use of that gimmick as much as possible, making games more one-note.

Warhammer:
Pros:
Cool Sprites of your favorite toys.
Large troop variety on all nations, most will field more variety than "sacred thing, best line troop, best archer, siege chaff"

Cons:
Worse Balance than vanilla: Several factions get tons of stuff like unique spells and summons while others are stuck with their basic roster and generic spells.
Oh christ what is with these random weapon troops? Clicking multiple times to get my troops assigned should only be limited to skeleton nation as a punishment!

Last I checked Warhammer mod was only nations, pretenders were the vanilla ones (maybe save for a couple of them but nothing major).
Skaven and Non-Chaos dorfs get 4~ unique pretenders each, other nations get very limited picks from the vanilla roster;
Non-Chaos Dwarfs have 14 d4's (1 unique), 12 d3's, 19 d2's (3 unique) and 7 d1's while Chaos Dwarfs have 5 d4's, 3 d3's, 10 d2's and 2 d1's (Sombre hates giving nonhumans access to rainbows!)

I'd prefer vanilla disciples (teams of 2 or 3) as the "let's do something different." option. Sparks Disciples if you want to be very silly.

There's also that Gathering Sturm mod which adds a handful of new nations to each era, (most in MA) and could be combined with other mod nations like the Clowns and Yakub(once that one gets its problems fixed).

Also pls gib me dat blitzserver host.
[insert stock photo of starving African child asking for handout here]

Last edited:

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Warhammer + disciples would be interesting. But I could only participate if no other game is going at the same time. I realized that even two games is too much for me. :M

orcinator

Liturgist
Just remembered there's also that Faerun/Eberron/Whatever DnD Setting it Was mod for Dom6. Though from reading the veeg posts about the game they had I think it might have just been a high effort shitpost with a bunch of fake screenshots and graphs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom