Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #61: New Screenshot

A user named cat

Something.

QcYpxrD.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
His character isn't terrible, he's just playing it terribly.

Doesn't it mean the game must have been made more accessible so it doesn't punish poor Avellone so much?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i wonder if "you must gather your party before venturing forth" is some kind of trademark. if not, they should totally add it to the game.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Hey @Infinitron. THe position is for Projet Eternity btw.
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented self-motivated VFX Artist to create a range of 3D effects and animations for Project Eternity.

This artist will be responsible for creating both ambient effects (such as smoke, fire, and lightning) and more detailed prop animation (a tree limb breaking, a glass shattering, etc.). These effects will be created using Maya, but experience with comparable programs is acceptable.
http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/art/665-contract-visualfx-artist

Yeah, but they posted it wrongly at first. This was edited after the update released.

Dorateen

Arcane
Many players "compartmentalize" and separate between combat and non-combat in terms of how they approach the game. In combat, they go into "game mode" and just kill everything mercilessly because that's the objective. In non-combat, they actually roleplay.

That's an interesting analysis. I find combat to be the greatest theatre for role-playing.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Screenie looks great, very Infinty. Can't wait for this. Really hope they have DnD-style alignment systems incorporated as well, I tend to waste my life studying those.

Codex 3.0 kicks ass btw.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom