Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS360 vs PS4/Xbone vs PS5/XSeX (so far)

Recently I've been reading this or that on how 7th gen sucks ass and previous/current generation brouth gaming to life etc.

I mean WTF? 8th gen was boring generation that lacked creativity and innovation, I loathe at people bitching on too litte steps with mid-gen Pro consoles because I not consider PS4 a new consoles - it's just kind of PS3 Pro and does not deserve being considered a entirely different product.

9th is not too impresive after almost three years, in continues with remasters, cross-gen titles with just better framerates and that all.

In PS360, there were many shit thing like gimmick toys, ugly color palette dominated with brow, piss filter, flood of COD-clones, DLC's etc. but it least it felt new and there were many exclusive games that made a sense to buy PS3 or X360 even if you already had a decent PC, now there's no reason to do that.

Guys, is really there anything that gives 8th/9th upper hand over 7th besides raw power?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
PS3 was a source of enjoyment and full of life compared to everything else that came afterwards. I take the piss and brown filter ever day over female, negro heroes with pink hair.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
PS3 was a source of enjoyment and full of life compared to everything else that came afterwards. I take the piss and brown filter ever day over female, negro heroes with pink hair.
There is no such thing as a good game released after the Aughts.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After PS3 consoles just became locked down PCs to put in the living room and use with a gamepad on a couch.

There's nothing special about them, unlike as there was up to PS3.

They don't really have a custom hardware etc., it's just slightly modified PC parts, and the only difference is that they have shared RAM for entire system (so no VRAM separation).

Zoo

Novice
PS3 and Xbox 360 had indeed better and more exclusives than the later generations. One of the reasons, that the gaming industry has gone much more multiplatform-oriented during the 7th generation, which is good, since then the PC has an even more complete library of new games. Another reason is that the development times have became much more longer, so X development teams cam make fewer games in the same amount of time. Of course, MS fucked up the Xbox One marvelously.

On the Sony's side, PS1 and PS2 were infinately better, these consoles had even more and better first/second/thirdy-party excusives. Naughty Dog could do much gameplay with Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter than Uncharted and the Last of Us. Sucker Punch's Sly Cooper games were better than two and a half Infamous. Spyro and and the first forur Ratchet & Clank games were fresher and better than the PS3 had ones. PS1 had three, PS2 had two exclusive mainline Final Fantasies while PS3 had known. Even fucking GTAs were console exclusives for the PS2. And so on. Xbox and Xbox 360 were much closer to each other.

On the other hand, 7th generation consoles (especially the PS3) had many performance issues and many frustrating inconveniences like the inferior PSN, the reguralarly freezing store, slow downloading times, the already hilariously outdated interface. PS3 was a nightmare for me, if I compared it to PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom