Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Had to do the 2FA routine again today, apparently due to the VPN changing the IP.

Having the timed delete function add on is certainly a better final solution than this.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
oh, so nigga is kazakh. thought it's just another butthurt potato.

he's an *nglo sexpat from bongland, he's not kazakh he just lives there.
And you're some obese loser living in his mother's basement in some dire rustbelt town so hey I think I got the better deal

EDIT: of course he rates it fake news without even the slightest perception of irony

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Select all squares with an RPG
disco-elysium-ps5-ps4.jpg
"If there are no RPGs, click next."

You don't, you're either blocking cookies or using some addon or something else interfering with normal retention of the authentication for 30 days, as explained several times on the previous pages.
Perhaps the 30-day 'remember this device' feature could actually remember the device one is using rather than rely on cookies that many people habitually block or delete. :M

Skorpion

Educated
Don't complain about things not working properly then, cookies have legitimate uses as well.

Anyone with half a brain in this day and age runs a non-spyware ad blocker and Greasemonkey at a bare minimum in every browser.

I wasn't going to weigh in on this 2FA move until I had to authenticate for the third time today, just now; and that might be because I first checked the Codex on my laptop personal computer, then on my cellular telephone while I was at a barbecue this evening, and now I'm on my laptop personal computer once again, having authenticated for the third time in fewer than sixteen hours.

My forum, which I own and administrate and which receives traffic similar to yours, and which is often the target of bad actors, also runs on Xenforo—but over there, we manage not to fuck shit up like a bunch of cartoon clowns.

I'm sorry you've been literally hacked by Russians, and I'm keenly aware that you're all volunteers working absolutely for free (so are my own slaves), but making your site obnoxious to use for a significant portion of your user base as a form of damage control probably isn't a viable long-term or even medium-term solution.

Finally, other Codex cookies are able to function on most users' browsers, or the site would be obnoxious for them to use. Basic, simple logic tells us that the problem here lies with your 2FA functionality.
This.
I allow cookies for this site, I also haven't had my vpn switch IP's since I last logged in and your stupid fucking thing keeps asking for a new code everytime I bring the page up.
Fix your 2fa ya monkeys and stop pretending you have it perfect when so many people are having the same issue.

BruceVC

Magister
You don't, you're either blocking cookies or using some addon or something else interfering with normal retention of the authentication for 30 days, as explained several times on the previous pages.

I clear all cookies and cached data automatically every time I close the browser. Because privacy and security are important.
Just enable cookies for Codex and that should be resolved

Most browsers allow you to configure cookies specifically for certain websites?

Uh The Brazilian Slaughter, have you looked at your post history recently?
I just did, saw nothing strange.

Did something happen? Or is it already fixed?

Bro:

BXXJODg.png

All deleted about 22 hours ago.
MOTHERFUCKERS-

Can you guys recover them from server backups? Quality posting is hard work.

Also lmao at dudes getting their hands on my profile and the best they can do is... delete a few posts? No vandalizing my profile with affirmations that I am a faggot homo who loves cock? The fuck is this garbage quality troll hacking, russian hackers suck and are a bunch of niggers. Total amateur hour, but we're speaking of russian copers here.

Wow good job russian homos hacking a sixteen years old password that's so old it can sexually consent. You truly are the hacker know as 4chan.
I also changed my password for safety's sake, used a fresh new one. Let's see them pwn THAT one.
You cannot beat me snowniggers, I am THE Brazilian Slaughter!

What was the old password?
Well it was... nice try FBI

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
"Good luck, I'm hidden behind 7 proxies" crowd being unable to understand how 2FA works. Hilarious.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Had to do the 2FA routine again today, apparently due to the VPN changing the IP.
Correct and thats the point, you need to confirm your 2FA code if a different IP address is detected

Well done for understanding what hackers do :salute:

Actually not true considering I routinely jump around different Proton nodes and only have to reauth every 30 days.

It's cookie based.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I clear all cookies and cached data automatically every time I close the browser. Because privacy and security are important.
A flavorful taste of irony here.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Dear staff,

you probably don't care, but I appreciate your decision.

People who are serious about their anonymity won't suffer because of this change. Everyone else probably leaks like diarrhea already.

If "the hacker" really was vatnik, he did a dumb thing. Last time I've checked, darkpatriot was the best advertising against western POV.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wrote a guide to help you guys setup 2FA without a phone, happy to help as always!
https://rpghq.org/forums/viewtopic....-a-phone-rusty-s-recommended-password-manager
mind your own goddamn website, schizo

his website doesn't have these problems
dont quote me i dont like sexual minorities

Cut him some slack, the rumour floating around is that Jenkem recently got addicted to wellbutrin and that's why he's even more unstable than usual.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I wrote a guide to help you guys setup 2FA without a phone, happy to help as always!
https://rpghq.org/forums/viewtopic....-a-phone-rusty-s-recommended-password-manager

Cut him some slack, the rumour floating around is that Jenkem recently got addicted to wellbutrin and that's why he's even more unstable than usual.
i dont even know what is that

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

It's an antidepressant often given to smokers to help them quit.

The rumour I heard is Jenkem got dependent on it whilst trying to quit smoking.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

It's an antidepressant often given to smokers to help them quit.

The rumour I heard is Jenkem got dependent on it whilst trying to quit smoking.
'often'
in my part of the world what makes smokers quit is poverty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom