Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PVP against random people sucks

El Presidente

Arcane
If you don't rage when you lose, you're most likely a cuck. If you do rage, then it sucks because you're angry. If you lose even a single time, you'll rage, which we've already established that it sucks. If you always win, game will probably get stale sooner rather than later.

If you wanna play something niche your rusty ass will probably get raped by the creatures of the depths that have been dwelling in the game's lobbies nonstop for the last 20 years. As already established, losing makes you rage, which sucks.

If you wanna play something with a bigger playerbase then your current options are hell embodied. If you even consider installing Valorant, Fortnite or Apex you should probably off yourself on the spot. If you play Dota or League you WILL probably off yourself, I'd rather swim in a volcano than try to climb on those games' ranked solo queues.

Card games are for tumblr furries and weirdos.

MMO PVPs all suck.
Everything I didn't mention is probably a battle royale (sucks dick) or a oPeNwOrLdSuRvIvAlGaMeWiThCrAfTiNg. If you play those, what's wrong with you? There are also Rocket League, Fall Guys, Among Us, etc, those FUN,HAHA!:happytrollboy: games where you have to carry your girlfriend's ass (or someone of equivalent retardry) and pretend you're not mad that she's making you lose. If you play those for more than 20 minutes, what's wrong with you?

If you play fighting games and don't main a cool character like MK's Kane, then what's wrong with you? And if you lose to some retarded HaHa animu girl xD in a math, you will rage, which sucks, as established.

Lastly if you play chess and lose even one single match it's been objectively proven you're not the smartest man on earth, which will make you rage (sucks).

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played a lot of multiplayer games but none were as toxic as League of Legends.

It's a game that looks cute and childish yet turns even the most calm and collected people into rage filled sadists.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
El Presidente

EVE Online.

It's not survival horror crafting.

It's not a Battle Royale.

It's Internet Spaceships, and they're Serious Business.

PVP is non-consensual.

You can get started quickly in frigate-sized ships with an Alpha-account, meaning you don't pay money for it.

It might (not) be what you're looking for, but at least it's something outside the norm.

It's a privilege to play against people who are better that you. Only a severe case of USI would cause someone to rage when losing a multiplayer game. A sane person would see it as an opportunity to learn from a more skilled players. Adopting an appropriate attitude for playing games is called sportsmanship.

Poseidon00

Arcane
It's a privilege to play against people who are better that you. Only a severe case of USI would cause someone to rage when losing a multiplayer game. A sane person would see it as an opportunity to learn from a more skilled players. Adopting an appropriate attitude for playing games is called sportsmanship.

That's how I feel tbh. I got my ass kicked in fighting games over and over by better players and it was fun the whole time. And I got good much, much faster than I was when I was taking it easy.

WaterDrinker

I haven't cared about multiplayer in years. These days if a game even includes a multiplayer mode I will most likely avoid the whole thing.

I jumped onto some random Doom 1v1 server one day, not having played it in probably 5+ years and started beating everybody and was eventually kicked from the server. That was pretty cool, I guess. Thanks for reading.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I disagree with the assumption that you'd stop playing if you always win. With that aside, what you need is to get good.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
PvP against randoms with a group of friends is the best. If it's something relatively free-form, where you can make shit up as you go and really outplay your opponents, it's even better.

only low-t bugmen wouldn't get angry when they lose
"i-i-it's ok that I got bested, I accept my position as an inferior and enjoy b-b-being dominated..."
I won't even go over all the scientific evidence that men possessing adequate levels of testosterone are more stoic and resistant to negative affect, but I will say that anyone that becomes emotionally rattled like a little girl over minor setbacks is also easy to exploit to one's advantage. Perhaps if you spent less time self-absorbed in a temper tantrum, you would find it easier to attend the task of overcoming your opponents.

Carl von Clausewitz said:
"A strong character is one that will not be unbalanced by the most powerful emotions."

"Great things alone can make a great mind, and petty things will make a petty mind unless a man rejects them as completely alien."

"What sort of mind is likeliest to display the qualities of military genius, experience and observation will both tell us that it is the inquiring, comprehensive, and the calm head to which in war we would choose to entrust." [emphasis added]

Codex Year of the Donut
"i-i-it's ok that I got bested, I accept my position as an inferior and enjoy b-b-being dominated..."
I won't even go over all the scientific evidence that men possessing adequate levels of testosterone are more stoic and resistant to negative affect, but I will say that anyone that becomes emotionally rattled like a little girl over minor setbacks is also easy to exploit to one's advantage. Perhaps if you spent less time self-absorbed in a temper tantrum, you would find it easier to attend the task of overcoming your opponents.

"A strong character is one that will not be unbalanced by the most powerful emotions."

"Great things alone can make a great mind, and petty things will make a petty mind unless a man rejects them as completely alien."

"What sort of mind is likeliest to display the qualities of military genius, experience and observation will both tell us that it is the inquiring, comprehensive, and the calm head to which in war we would choose to entrust." [emphasis added]
this poster is a certified cuck who knows his place as a lower specimen and therefore doesn't try to better himself upon being bested

this poster is a certified cuck who knows his place as a lower specimen and therefore doesn't try to better himself upon being bested
Another reason to keep your emotions in check is to prevent yourself from hallucinating a fantasy of your desires fulfilled in place of what actually happened.

Codex Year of the Donut

Another reason to keep your emotions in check is to prevent yourself from hallucinating a fantasy of your desires fulfilled in place of what actually happened.
I'm not reading your shit, I just know you're a cuck poster and therefore innately know it would offend you that some people would want to better themselves after losing

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sounds exactly like the Star Trek Online PVP experience.

Before you learn that exactly 2 builds of ship are any good and everything else gets instamelted.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I keep every single item I break as a result of me shooting up to my feet and throwing whatever controller is in hand in a random direction. If using KB&M I instead hammerfist the desk and usually cause a drink spillage which gets me even angrier and makes me RAGEFULLY tear apart the paper towels as I tend to it.

This is gaming.

Fargus

Arcane
No shit, playing something with randos tends to suck whether coop or pvp. Playing with at least one or two good friends in pvp and you jew over less coordinated players which is fun. Especially in games like GTA Online.

I used to rage a lot when i was younger. And love raging when i play singleplayer games, its an excellent stress relief akin to punching bag for some people. However i don't like playing games made for tryhards, multiplayer shit because im not really into it anymore (got too many sp games i need to try), iron man mode, games with permadeath (roguelike cringe) because you just waste time in them when without permadeath they are like 4 hours long. Although some roguelikes were okay. Hand of Fate games... and Last Evil hehe.

There used to be some really interesting pvp games like Guns of Icarus Online, i'm not sure if it's still alive but for pvp it was very good and required not only a decent leadear but also solid teamwork. And losing in it was amusing because your entire ship would go down in flames.

SWAT 4 PVP modes were dope back in the days, as fun as coop. VIP mode was my favorite.

I don't play battle royale shit, played DAYZ mod for arma back in the days with a friend and the game is just hours of walking around and crouching, scrounging for equipment just to be killed by retards who spawned behind you lol.

Fighting button mashing is not my thing. At best you can enjoy punching wombyn in soul calibur but its generally hard to enjoy games where you rape your controller. I dont even like playing with controller.

I spent some time playing survival games with friends like 7dtd but they are very time consuming and grindy.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I find that the more one grows old,the less point is there in raging or getting frustrated about not winning at vidya. The rage becomes pointless,but playing games just for fun or a sense of accomplishment(like in the old days,when players discovered secrets or new "tricks" and shared them with others) is more fulfilling. Rage ain't healthy,especially nowadays,or in the "current year",as it goes. Guard your health,bros. Play vidya for the fun.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I find that the more one grows old,the less point is there in raging or getting frustrated about not winning at vidya. The rage becomes pointless,but playing games just for fun or a sense of accomplishment(like in the old days,when players discovered secrets or new "tricks" and shared them with others) is more fulfilling. Rage ain't healthy,especially nowadays,or in the "current year",as it goes. Guard your health,bros. Play vidya for the fun.

This post enrages me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom