Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random thoughts on whatever JRPG you're currently playing?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
tales of the abyss sucks
the only thing I like is the asshole protag
so railroaded, why even give me the option of exploring if you don't want me to go anywhere
does it get better?
If you're calling him the asshole protag then you aren't that far into the story yet. Does it get better gameplay wise? No. The best part is the character development of the protag imo.
I said that but I don't think he's an asshole, the first thing I did was type into google "why is tales of the abyss so bad" and it's people complaining the protag has a character instead of being a dweeb
I'll suffer it some more then, I can't help it
He's definitely an asshole at first. I think he was made to be unlikable? It's the setup for his development.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
tales of the abyss sucks
so railroaded, why even give me the option of exploring if you don't want me to go anywhere
does it get better?
If you're calling him the asshole protag then you aren't that far into the story yet. Does it get better gameplay wise? No. The best part is the character development of the protag imo.
I said that but I don't think he's an asshole, the first thing I did was type into google "why is tales of the abyss so bad" and it's people complaining the protag has a character instead of being a dweeb
He's definitely an asshole at first. I think he was made to be unlikable? It's the setup for his development.
doesn't matter anymore, I switched to Rogue Galaxy
now that's a game!!!

Elttharion

Learned
Thats some very nice enemy design, I almost feel bad beating them

dMtNrtj.jpg

Dungeon Travelers: To Heart 2 in Another World

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
Tried Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP remake) today. It's veeery slooooooow. Almost impossible to play without at least 2x speed up. The game feels too formulaic of a JRPG, it's like you already know exactly how it will play out before even properly starting. It's one of those cases when you see there's nothing seriously wrong with a game, yet at the same time it gives you no incentive to continue playing it. Actually this is the second time that I tried getting into it, and again I'm leaving before making it through the first dungeon.
I was on this recently, I got about 20 hours in, and have to agree. Wanted to like it.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'm playing the FF series in random order. I beat 5 and just started 7. For extra immersion and realism, I'm keeping the Steal materia equipped to Barret for the whole playthrough.

n0wh3r3

Educated
tales of the abyss sucks
does it get better?
doesn't matter anymore, I switched to Rogue Galaxy
now that's a game!!!
I have plans to play that as well! I have only launched it recently to see if it worked and the introduction amazed me. How far are you in the game?

I'm playing the FF series in random order. I beat 5 and just started 7. For extra immersion and realism, I'm keeping the Steal materia equipped to Barret for the whole playthrough.
My advice for you is the following: instead of playing the regular I, II and IV chapters, go for Final Fantasy Origins (I & II enhanced for PSX) and the PSP remake of FFIV (which includes extra chapters).

As for me, I have big plans about playing old jrpgs. I am currently busy with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I must admit that it is a very good and polished game (as I remember, I have only played a tiny bit of it), but it seems to lean towards the easy side.
Has anyone played it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom