Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reached rock bottom

MMXI

Arcane
felipepepe said:
Nonsense, they should remake it in a (bug-free) ToEE engine. :)
I don't want my Baldur's Gate 3Eified.

:rpgcodex:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
felipepepe said:
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:
Or you could just play The Realm Series in FRUA and completely Incline your cRPG experience.
Someone should remake Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 in FRUA. It would probably be the best game ever.

I just came in my pants. :oops:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
SCO said:
3rd edition sucks.

I was totally just arguing with someone that the only thing that could make BG better is spring attacks swinging Dual Wielded Monkey Gripped Keen Greatswords with Improved Criticals.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Even using the full compliment of hacks it seems pretty unlikely that you could do spellcasting in FRUA as well as it was done in BG2.

On the other hand, BG1 could probably be significantly improved as a FRUA module.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Excidium said:

Having to deal with feats and skills and shit is too consoletard popamole for the codex. I like my D&D customization virtually non-existent mang, like in traditional rpgs, where all you have to do is press the level-up button and pick a few spells/rogue skills if necessary.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Excidium said:

:oops: i don't like the multiclassing level limitations. I prefer to trade exp and difficulty for supreme power later on :oops:

waywardOne

Arcane
SCO said:
No, spells and waiting for things to die is the only things that matter (if it had a pause when 30% of hp it would be too).

Throw this in your character's script if you know that whole procedure and use the AI.

Code:
IF
  HPPercentLT(Myself,30)
  !GlobalTimerNotExpired("mypause","LOCALS")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("mypause","LOCALS",6)
    PauseGame()
END
This will only check/pause once per round, otherwise it'd get annoying.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Cool, didn't know that there was a pause game action.

Say, can you edit the conditions on those "pause when" options, is it a script too or hardcoded? Because if so, i might want to disable pause when cast when not on combat (for the heals etc).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It is, but that is no excuse for taking away my reward for being underleveled most of the game (unless soloing, which is even harder, whatever).

I get that in most cases this doesn't even apply (due to being a low level campaign), but in things like BG, no please.

SCO said:
Say, can you edit the conditions on those "pause when" options, is it a script too or hardcoded? Because if so, i might want to disable pause when cast when not on combat (for the heals etc).

Looks like hardcoded. Not on baldur.bcs anyway.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Serious_Business said:
but really you should finish up Balders Gate one more time first. Those banters are so funny. Just like real social interaction

Dragon Age banters are better. It's like Gaydar learned from all his BG mistakes to make a bundle of awesomeness that will never be equaled.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
MMXI said:
felipepepe said:
I agree that cRPG-wise AD&D is better (vide Icewind Dale 1 vs 2), but if you go through all the trouble of redoing BG in ToEE engine, I guess you can also change it to use AD&D rules...

MMXI

Arcane
felipepepe said:
MMXI said:
felipepepe said:
I agree that cRPG-wise AD&D is better (vide Icewind Dale 1 vs 2), but if you go through all the trouble of redoing BG in ToEE engine, I guess you can also change it to use AD&D rules...
I have nothing against 3/3.5E. It's just that I don't associate those rules with the Baldur's Gate series. However, an AD&D Baldur's Gate in the ToEE engine would be a massive incline.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Don't get me wrong, I usually play PnP with D&D 3rd edition, but in cRPGs AD&D seem to work better IMHO. The class & race restrictions make more sense with the game world and THACO also seems more fitting. And Feats are nice, but they tend to overshadow the rest of the character creation, making characters a little bland after sometime...

Cynic

Arcane
felipepepe said:
MMXI said:
Jaesun said:
Or you could just play The Realm Series in FRUA and completely Incline your cRPG experience.
Someone should remake Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 in FRUA. It would probably be the best game ever.

:thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :thumbsup: :salute: :love:

Elwro said:
How could you even contemplate pirating such a wonderful game? Try the demo if you're not convinced yet ffs. (It's not a part of the main game!) Support the guy, his plans for the 2nd part are awesome!

There is a demo for KotC? Alright downloading this now to give it a go, let's see if I enjoy this. Graphically the game reminds me of Ultima VII, which isn't perhaps the greatest by todays standard but it should be perfectly serviceable. As long as the UI and game play/world design is good this could be quite fun.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I found the KotC UI to be very usable, maybe aside from picking up items. Lots of keyboard shortcuts.

And the game seems to be 100% transparent about the mechanics, an aspect in which I find Frayed Knights to be seriously lacking.

... remember to listen with your ear to the doors before you open them! ;)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Merkwürdigliebe said:
Elwro said:
How could you even contemplate pirating such a wonderful game? Try the demo if you're not convinced yet ffs. (It's not a part of the main game!) Support the guy, his plans for the 2nd part are awesome!

There is a demo for KotC? Alright downloading this now to give it a go, let's see if I enjoy this. Graphically the game reminds me of Ultima VII, which isn't perhaps the greatest by todays standard but it should be perfectly serviceable. As long as the UI and game play/world design is good this could be quite fun.

There's a demo that is even a different mini dungeon that is not in the main game (!). Great game.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What is the beginning of the game like in comparison to the demo level?
I have found the demo rather brutal, especially the dungeon without exit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Awor Szurkrarz said:
What is the beginning of the game like in comparison to the demo level?
I have found the demo rather brutal, especially the dungeon without exit.
My impressions are the full game is less brutal early on. Although in the first 5 minutes after party creation you will be in a fight which, well, doesn't win itself - it's entirely possible to fuck it up. And then, early on, the difficulty of a few fights depends on your choices :D I think the beginning of the main game is more forgiving, the demo really raped me a few times seemingly just by initial combat positioning...

MonkeyLancer

Educated
I take it you haven't finished KoTC, Elwro? More or less you are correct, but there are certainly some fights early-mid game that will surprise you and have to do several reloads to get by (depending on your party). By end game it definitely gets pretty brutal.

I'll throw in my 2 cents regarding 2 E vs 3/3.5E too, saying I prefer 3.5E because it definitely allows more options tactically. Even better would be a BG 1 & 2 using the ToEE engine and Pathfinder/3.75E rules imo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom