Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Renevent

Cipher
Haven't purchased this but reading the Steam forums one of the devs said the game was released 10 hours early

"10 hours early" :lol: This is such bullshit.

Well I don't know if it's bullshit or not, though it is odd for games to release this early in the AM on steam. Usually they come out around 11 or 1pm. It also wouldn't be the first game I've seen on steam that released early or with files that didn't get updated correctly due to this and promptly fixed later that day.

I'm currently at work anyways so wouldn't purchase this till I got home...so either case I'm holding off and watching what they do.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't purchased this but reading the Steam forums one of the devs said the game was released 10 hours early

"10 hours early" :lol: This is such bullshit.

Well I don't know if it's bullshit or not, though it is odd for games to release this early in the AM on steam. Usually they come out around 11 or 1pm. It also wouldn't be the first game I've seen on steam that released early or with files that didn't get updated correctly due to this and promptly fixed later that day.

Well, they'd better fix it soon or we'll be forced to turn the awesome RPG Codex media machine against them by writing a mocking newspost. :smug:

CWagner

Augur
Good thing I didn't buy this yet…

Anyway, the patch is expected to arrive between 4pm and 6pm GMT+2, so in 1 to 3 hours.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
hahahahha

The game is insanely fucked up at the moment. I'm laughing so hard right now, everything that can possibly be fucked up is fucked up. Half the text is in German, people disappear when you walk up next to them (but not their hats or beards), the game only works in compatibility mode for me, the insides of houses are super blurry and the interface covers up priests in temples. I can look past the goofy ass graphics, I don't care, but the bugs are a nightmare.

As soon as all this shit gets ironed out, I'm sure the game will be solid. Everything looks and seems good so far, it's just that there are a ton of shitty bugs getting in the way of the actual game. Hopefully it will get fixed soon, because this is the craziest, most bug-filled game I've seen. It's fun though, I'm having fun wandering around this buggy wasteland.

They also took out the jester class : (

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
10 hours early doesn't excuse this shit. You mean you can fix all this junk in 10 hours? Bullshit.

Renevent

Cipher
10 hours early doesn't excuse this shit. You mean you can fix all this junk in 10 hours? Bullshit.

What I've seen in the past is because the game released early certain files (like localization files/etc) aren't the correct version and so the game is really borked. Once the correct build or specific files are updated though the game obviously works better.

I have no idea if this is the case here, the game very well may just be a steaming pile of bugs and the patch doesn't address enough...I don't see the harm in waiting a bit and seeing what happens though.

Anyways some of you should relax...seem angry lol.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
hahahahha

The game is insanely fucked up at the moment. I'm laughing so hard right now, everything that can possibly be fucked up is fucked up. Half the text is in German, people disappear when you walk up next to them (but not their hats or beards), the game only works in compatibility mode for me, the insides of houses are super blurry and the interface covers up priests in temples. I can look past the goofy ass graphics, I don't care, but the bugs are a nightmare.

As soon as all this shit gets ironed out, I'm sure the game will be solid. Everything looks and seems good so far, it's just that there are a ton of shitty bugs getting in the way of the actual game. Hopefully it will get fixed soon, because this is the craziest, most bug-filled game I've seen. It's fun though, I'm having fun wandering around this buggy wasteland.

They also took out the jester class : (

I don't know German! I can't play this! :rpgcodex:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Anyways some of you should relax...seem angry lol.

iIs8bKvjMJ3kD.gif

made

Arcane
'Tis a bitter irony that, one by one, the sweet fruits of incline all turn to ashes in our mouths.

Predicting collective Codex suicide when W2/PE ship.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Drowed

Arcane
What I've seen in the past is because the game released early certain files (like localization files/etc) aren't the correct version and so the game is really borked. Once the correct build or specific files are updated though the game obviously works better.

My good man, you don't need to justify the mistakes made by the developers. If the game someday reach a "playable" stage, then... Great for all of us. But this is honestly the most absurd case of an unfinished released game I've ever seen in gaming history - seriously, I don't recall any case equivalent to this, nowhere near. It's not just a matter of bugs, the game is literally incomplete, broken and unplayable. As a rule, it should have been complete weeks before launch, as this is a purely an organizational issue.

And even today, the launching day, the problems remain. Nothing can justify the release of a game in this state, it should have been postponed, possibly for a few *months*. This is the time I'll wait before deciding whether the game is worth being bought or not. The sad thing is that even with all the patches that it will recive (which hopefully are actually made), the damage has already been done. Quite possibly, the game will fail miserably after a disaster so monumental as this, and few will waste their time looking for it.

The first few days (and weeks) are always the most important moment to the success or failure of any game. And they managed to do everything to ensure that the failure would be inescapable. It would be a miracle if they can recover from this.

Renevent

Cipher

My good man, you don't need to justify the mistakes made by the developers. If the game someday reach a "playable" stage, tneh... Great for all of us. But this is honestly the most absurd case of an unfinished released game I've ever seen in gaming history - seriously, I don't recall any case equivalent to this, nowhere near. It's not just a matter of bugs, the game is literally incomplete, broken and unplayable. As a rule, it should have been complete weeks before launch, as this is a purely an organizational issue.

And even today, the launching day, the problems remain. Nothing can justify the release of a game in this state, it should have been postponed, possibly for a few *months*. This is the time I'll wait before deciding whether the game is worth being bought or not. The sad thing is that even with all the patches that it will recive (which hopefully are actually made), the damage has already been done. Quite possibly, the game will fail miserably after a disaster so monumental as this, and few will waste their time looking for it.

The first few days (and weeks) are always the most important moment to the success or failure of any game. And they managed to do everything to ensure that the failure would be inescapable. It would be a miracle if they can recover from this.

I didn't justify it...I simply relayed what they said, what I've seen in the past, and that I'm personally holding off on buying it until I see the result.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had a bad feeling about this when in one interview, they asked the dev "What were you most proud about in the game?", and he replied "I finished programming it so quickly" :D

Stabwound

Arcane
Haha, this is just funny to behold. I want to grab the release version just for laughs. The screenshots with floating mustaches and stat readings with placeholder texts seems to make for a wonderful bizarre world to explore.

Renevent

Cipher
Just a FYI the patch just hit (272mb's)...some are reporting the English translations are working now (or at least most of them). As far as anything else goes fix wise haven't heard yet.

Stabwound

Arcane
If nothing else, this seems to be a good anti-piracy measure if they're going to release half the game on steam and the other half in daily patches over the next 2 months. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom