Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nah, I feel you. Try getting a 13" monitor for the 320x240 games, they look great on those.
Or a 10" netbook. Dosbox games look pretty good on those too. Playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis right now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:retarded: I don't get it. Does the game have a consolized interface? How would it even work?

even work

Oh wait, just remembered what thread I was posting in

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This is out of control, what the hell.

Also - no Vapourware ?

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Yeah, but I was looking specifically for PS3/Xbox releases.

Still, funnily enough they completely fail to mention what's so "gold" about that edition exactly anyway.

Produktbeschreibung

Die erfolgreichste deutsche Pen und Paper Rollenspielreihe ist zurück - in noch nie zuvor gesehener Pracht! Die neue Nordlandtrilogie startet mit dem fulminanten Auftakt "Die Schicksalsklinge". In prächtiger 3D Grafik und mit zahlreichen spielerischen Verbesserungen versehen bietet dieses RPG alles, was das Herz eines Rollenspielers höher schlagen lässt: Dutzende Talente und Zaubersprüche, unterschiedlichste Rassen und Klassen, taktisch anspruchsvolle Rundenkämpfe sowie liebevoll gestaltete Charaktere und spannende Quests im interessantesten und liebenswürdigsten Rollenspielsetting der Welt - nämlich jenem des Schwarzen Auges. Stellen Sie eine eigenwillige Abenteurergruppe aus den verschiedensten Völkern Aventuriens zusammen, bieten sie der Bedrohung durch die Orks die Stirn und werden Sie zum Retter Thorwals und legendären Helden! **FEATURES: *- Neu erstellte, hochdetaillierte 3D Welt *- DLCs und Add Ons mit zusätzlichen Spielinhalt *- Rundenbasiertes Kampfsystem mit taktischem Tiefgang *- Überarbeitetes und verbessertes Regelwerk *- Neue Quests und Begegnungen *- Umfangreiches Bonusmaterial und einzigartige Start-Helden

I'm guessing "GOLD" means "complete" now. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is like some Uwe Boll thing, right? There's some tax loophole thing going on here so that the game doesn't actually have to earn money.

Please let it be that.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm guessing "GOLD" means "complete" now. :M

"Now"? It has been that way since DLCs were first introduced. GOTY Edition - now working out of the box and with all the content cut for day 1 DLC being put back in place.

Yeah, except in this case "non-gold" = not working at all :P It's never been the case you had to buy the Gold edition for the game to even be playable!

Hence the parrot.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In the industry they would say software went gold when they sent the master copy out to be reproduced and distributed. Or, in other words, the product was finished. So this is developers clearly showing an understanding of old school game production.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is the game in a playable state yet?

Depends on your definition of playable, but generally speaking, I suppose so.*

*Playability is not an endorsement to purchase said game. Some assembly required. Fun not included.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Patch 1.29, September 26th, 2013, 12pm (GMT+2)
  • Battlearenas completely redone, for more compact battles
  • Special Locations for specific fights (Gorah, Spidercave, Ship of the dead, Temple of the nameless god, Daspota Treasure Cave)
  • Quest for Old Bailey lower levels added
  • New Scene for Blacksmith (making him “visible”)
  • New Scene and Handling for “simple House”
  • Skillcheck Logging improved
  • Introduced Scene for Boar Hunting
  • Daspota Dialogs can be restarted until a fight was provoked
  • Introduced Scene for Brothel
  • “Tabbing out” of Fullscreen automatically switches to window mode to enable getting back into the game
  • Added Building Decals (work in progress)
  • Removed Body Control check to avoid damage
  • Fight Target choice now possible via field, not only via Character
  • Fastness of Body nerfed (max level reduced, no casting outside of Battle)
  • Introduced “Spell failed, try again?” for Spells outside of combat, e.g. Light in the Darkness
  • Dullskull infection fixed and reduced to 24 hour “incubation” time
  • Paralysis fixed
  • Permanent wonders are only possible once per character (instead of “as long as godgrace and money last”)
  • Fixed Staff Enchantment removed when losing the staff in battle
  • Fixed Swafnildsson-Quest, he now is correctly at home even without the letter of recommendation by Sevenstone, but asks for it in order to give the piece of the map he possesses
  • Characters now drink on their own if there is something to drink available (careful, alcohol is liquid as well)
  • Message “<charactername> drank his/her last bit” now appears correctly
  • Fixed some texting bugs
  • Added Golden Shield to Temple of the Nameless loot (only if not entered so far)
  • Temple of the Nameless rescue from the hole only possible once
  • Temple of the Nameless Blocking Stone Door fixed after loading
  • Run-Footsteps only triggered on forward running (as there is no backward running)
  • Assignment and Exchaning of Ring and Arm Slots fixed
  • "Strange appartus" in Abandoned Hostel Dungeon fixed
  • Direct Entering of Numbers at the Marketplace fixed
  • "Identical Sortiment" bug in Marketplaces fixed
  • Old Bailey Phex Altar can be sacked after first time saying no
Patch 1.30, 8th of October 2013, 3 p.m. (GMT+2)
  • House-Decals updated
  • Leaving Buildings makes the party “turn the back to the door”
  • City-Triggers (Doors, Hetman) now react to “running into them”, therefore hopefully making some spots like the hetman easier to access
  • Made Armory Credit variable depending on “opening” at the hetman and visit to Jadra (thanks to Fujak Logansson)
  • Fixed Battlecharacters "falling" at exactly 5 LE, where they should fall below 5 LE only
  • Black Magicians Ruin collisions improved
  • Texts not displaying in battle fixed
  • Attack- and Parry base values are now rounded instead of floored
  • Broken Weapons sometimes don’t show up at the Blacksmith fixed
  • New Spells
    • Calm Body (Healing Spell for Camps)
    • Eye of Eagle (improve Perception)
    • Penetrizzel (improve Minimap uncovering distance in Dungeons)
    • Be my Friend effect (works now)
    • Evil Eye effect (just rechecked)
    • Paralyze effect fixed
    • Witch’s Spit effect (chance to heal Sickness and Poison)
    • Skelettarius (summon Skeleton)
    • Summon Spirits (summon ghost)
    • Master of Animals (Be my Friend for Animals only)
    • Meek you be (Calm animal)
    • Odem Arcanum (show all unidentified magic items of the party)
    • Analys (Identify a single magical item)
  • Rats bite effect fixed in Dragon Cave
  • Fixed House of Captains in Daspota can be opened unlimited times
  • Fixed Daspota Hook Hugo won’t start a battle
  • Fixed Arena Grids
  • made the "Secret Forest path" between Skelellen and Peilinby actually "secret" and position according events there
  • included more Travel-Hunting-Events
  • Included Mountain Pass events
  • Fixed Old Bailey lower levels
  • Partly reworked temple flags
  • Fixed Wolfcave climbing (carefull, it can be quite deadly now)
  • Fixed "dying" too fast
  • Fixed State and Staff Enchantment getting lost on losing the weapon in battle
  • Fixed Dullskull infection always hitting whole party despite of successful checks
  • Fixed Black Magicians ruin crashing through the floor in Level 1
  • Fixed several texting bugs
  • Introduced Whetstone usage
  • Improved Flyovers on items
  • Made special states of items (magical, broken) visible in inventory
  • Fixed buggy loot after fighting Gorah
  • Fixed early arrival on Ship Journeys "before the red Line arrived in the harbor"
:retarded: I don't get it. Does the game have a consolized interface? How would it even work?

Oh wait, just remembered what thread I was posting in

Don't be snide, it's unattractive. For a real answer:

craftyfirefox said:
Die Optimierung und "Verthorwalung" der Gebäude hat begonnen. Parallel arbeiten wir an einer komplett überarbeiteten GUI, den Öffnungszeiten und Markttagen sowie den NPCs. Ein paar Kleinigkeiten wie ingame änderbare Charnamen und die Gesundsanzeige der Gegner im Kampf sind bereits umgesetzt.

The next patch will introduce a completely revamped GUI, presumably a console-friendly one that actually takes advantage of 20 years of evolution in UI design.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:lol: This should be good.

"You mean we aren't the worst game ever made yet? THAT WILL NOT DO! What else can we fuck up?"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom