Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Gord

Arcane
They also started on making the buildings more in line with the setting. This was criticised by many fans of RoA/TDE.
Not that I think there's any clear style one could easily attach to it, but a more vikingy style might be a good start.

Who knows, maybe it turns out a decent enough remake attempt in a few months...

Stabwound

Arcane
I can sort of see Steam turning a blind eye to the quality of this game, but how in the fuck would it pass Sony and Microsoft QA? Apparently they'll publish any turd for a paycheck.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can sort of see Steam turning a blind eye to the quality of this game, but how in the fuck would it pass Sony and Microsoft QA? Apparently they'll publish any turd for a paycheck.

Who knows, maybe it won't. More lulz incoming!

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Well, after my initial rage decreased (I bought this game on release day), I started to treat my expense as pledging to Kickstarter project. I hope that in a 2-3 game will reach the fully playable and enjoyable state. On the other hand, I don't know if I ever stand the human 3D models in this game... Look like they are taken directly from 1996 C-class game... It's strange, because the environment looks OK.

Stabwound

Arcane
It looks like the game has had 30 patches so far, and the last one implemented 13 missing spells. Sounds like things are going well!!!!!!

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess it's a good thing that they haven't given up on the game. We might get something playable in the end - or, at the very least, some hilarity and schadenfreude when the console version inevitably bombs. :P

jdinatale

Cipher
For what it's worth (probably not much), this is on sale at Gamers Gate for $5 (75% off).

This is really tempting. My only worry is that it will never get patched to a state that's an enjoyable experience, so even a meager $5 would be a waste.

Can anyone vouch that the developers have full intentions of making this functional, playable, fun game experience....eventually?

mondblut

Arcane
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why doesn't this person have an "advertising plant" tag yet?

سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ

I'm not an advertising plant. I posted one time from my phone using that app, I didn't even realize that it automatically put a signature on there.

It is by far not the first time I see that line, so you are probably not the only one infected.

Iphones and their shitware advertising themselves right in the bodies of RPGCodex posts, this will not stand.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
For what it's worth (probably not much), this is on sale at Gamers Gate for $5 (75% off).

This is really tempting. My only worry is that it will never get patched to a state that's an enjoyable experience, so even a meager $5 would be a waste.

Can anyone vouch that the developers have full intentions of making this functional, playable, fun game experience....eventually?

I bit the bullet and bought it. I just messed around with it for 45 mins or so. The graphics are hit or miss (environments look OK, character models are awful, portraits are nice), the performance is just a bit sluggish at the highest settings. I've run into a few little issues (which are unintentionally hilarious), like a woman walks up to the party in a bar, and then HE does so and so (accidental cross-dresser I suppose), and another woman said something like "let me introduce myself, my name is a woman". Also some issues with voice-acting (which is amateurish to begin with) where it cuts off because the dialogue calls for the voice actor to say an NPCs name, but that part is missing. Shit like that. Haven't seen any big issues, but then again I only played 45 minutes. As far as the gameplay's faithfulness, it seems like it has all the RoA features like the disadvantages, travel map, the tavern banter, etc., although my RoA experience is pretty minimal so I'm not exactly a RoA expert.

Hopefully the developers keep working on this thing as you mentioned.

Overall my first initial impression is more "meh" than "OMG this fucking this is so fucking broken!" So I thought it would be worse than it is, and I suppose I'm kinda optimistic. Glad I only paid $5 for it though, and not $20 though.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
It was straight up broken the day it came out. Half the game was in German, half in English, sometimes in the same text box. Getting into combat crashed the game, going into the first dungeon crashed the game, not playing in safe mode crashed the game. I mean it's light years away from where it started, but it's light years away from where it should be, too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah hell, it seems AI can't into going around obstacles in combat. They'll just keep running against it forever.

Might as well wait a while more before LPing this...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
:incline: Patch 1.31 is now available on the Steam beta channel, the devs are calling it the biggest patch yet :incline:

highlights include

- auto combat
- combat animation speed slider
- delay combat action until end of round
- repeat last combat action
- recruitable NPCs

:incline:They also implemented a small number of user made random encounters.:incline:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
The first one has an autopilot option for combat, too

(unless the 'auto combat' here means instant resolution)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom