Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent changes to forums

Tell me how you feel, your feelings are important to us

• I like the merged rpg forums

• I dislike the merged rpg forums

• I like the merged general gaming forums

• I dislike the merged general gaming forums

• GD forums should be merged too.

• GD forums should not be merged.

• I miss the cooking forum.

• I miss the sports forum.

• The space forum used to be good.

• Fire Infinitron

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dexter

Arcane
I can live with some retarded thread-mergers and splits for arbitrary reasons, even though there might be no real need for it, sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't really. I can get by with autismal obsessive-compulsive post-editing because apparently Twitter-embeds with a Space inbetween are totally better than ones with an Enter. I can even live with hidden-away forums trying to lessen the appeal to posters like Cael or fantadomat (although there's other, more direct solutions for that). It's getting increasingly annoying how all sorts of "Gaming Drama" including stuff like the late Gearbox lawsuit gets quickly disappeared/gulag'd there out of some sense of keeping the other forums "pure/clean" though, and now it seems that these topics don't even appear in the "main section" anymore.

But seriously, what's the purpose of these late changes? Why? Who asked for them? You can't even see the Subforums from the main page depending on the size of your window, and my impression is that this will lessen instead of increase the amount of people looking into forums like Adventure Games or developer-specific forums, lessening the appeal of said, since you have to actively be looking to get there to end up there now, instead of seeing some interesting Adventure or Strategy game discussion from the main page.

Reminds me of autistic power-tripping Reddit Mod Drama, for instance there's a shitstorm brewing right now over the main HTC Vive Subreddit being led by one as such. He started by banning people from being able to post pictures or gifs/videos, then went on to instate more stupid rules even banning any sort of links, then he started banning developers from talking about their games or people from reviewing games on the grounds of it being "self-promotion" etc. till the rabble revolted: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ak4gro/500500_needs_to_step_down/
And they often come with some sort of over-inflated superiority complex:

Dx8ncvxUwAALCfY.jpg

Dx8ncvtUYAAARwu.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
a74e8d9b666e97b5ea697186bc9343da.png

From now on, every time you see Infinitron post something, immediately quote him and demand he answers to the accusations with proper lengthy explanations, and he better make them good. I already started, and so can you. Just remember, stay polite.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Obviously, someone at the TOP feeds on butthurt.

Chadministrator 'promoting' Crispy to fake 'Administrator' didn't generate the required butthurt (thread never made 3 pages).

All the merging and whatnot seems to be working as far as butthurt feeding to..whoever.

I don't even look (at forums) anymore, I just browse by "Watched Threads' or 'New Posts' avoiding all the nonsense.

Zep--

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
as if it wasnt enough to unsticky the best threads in GD, tits and arses. this site has gone the shitter real bad.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So it would appear a rogue operative has made changes to the forums. What action should be taken?
What can be done about the situation. Is RPG discussion going to be merged all into 1 section and Gaming Discussion going to go the same route? What can the mods do with what Jewfinitron has one and done?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The merging of RPG forums, fine. Don't honestly give a shit anymore. Whatever, they are all shit anyways...

I DON'T like the Adventure/Tactical etc... getting merged into General Gaming. Put it back.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
The merging of RPG forums, fine. Don't honestly give a shit anymore. Whatever, they are all shit anyways...

I DON'T like the Adventure/Tactical etc... getting merged into General Gaming. Put it back.

You wouldn't care because you've always been a moron anyways.

95% of your posts have been you quoting someone's join date or making the same shitty joke about might and magic 6. Out of all the worthless mods that have been on this site over the years you are by far the worst.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh,Infi is not that bad,but he does have some authistic tendencies to poke shit that ain't broken and doesn't need fixing. Just remove his thread mixing powers.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Surprised he hasn't been hired by Google tbh. They are the world leader in changing things for absolutely no reason and end up making them worse.

PorkBarrellGuy

Surprised he hasn't been hired by Google tbh. They are the world leader in changing things for absolutely no reason and end up making them worse.

Oh, but there's a reason. There's always a reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom