Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommendations please, for a story/role-playing CRPG

Sarvis

Erudite
Yeah, I searched for that guy... read this:

"Water has a very important message for us. Water is telling us to take a much deeper look at our selves. When we do look at our selves through the mirror of water, the message becomes amazingly, crystal, clear. We know that human life is directly connected to the quality of our water, both within and all around us." - http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight ... _emoto.htm

And now all I can think about is Base Commander Ripper:

strangelove.jpg

zamuel42

Novice
Did you see why he said that? Did you see the pctures of ice crystals? water responds differently to differeny words, thoughts and pictures. Beautiful things make beautiful crystals, bad things make bad or no crystals.

Sarvis

Erudite
zamuel42 said:
Did you see why he said that? Did you see the pctures of ice crystals? water responds differently to differeny words, thoughts and pictures. Beautiful things make beautiful crystals, bad things make bad or no crystals.

What little I did read wasn't that in depth, but basically it didn't look like he had done anything to rule out other factors.

However, I've had an interesting thought. What if you took some water crystal pictures after taping your master's name around the glass overnight?

Or even just the word "master."

Fez

Erudite
To look on the positive side of this - I am glad this nutjob isn't going to be involved in science as he claimed he was, now that he is going to be suckered in by the magical tart. He clearly has no real aptitude for it.

Vykromond

Scholar
zamuel42 said:
My adition to the argument is all the plants that dont make evolutionary sense. Like pitted fruit. lettus and other comparitavely slow growing, short, extra tender and tasty vegitables. Apples less than pitted fruit. Carrot and maybe beats. berrys and nuts are what make the most sense. Im not sure but I dont think pumpkins make sense. I say that Only because root reproduction seems better, but I am just guessing.

What the hell is this nonsense?

protobob

Liturgist
zamuel42,

I have a few questions,

1. What is your religious background?
2. What was the one thing that made you believe what you believe now?
3. Would you consider yourself to be superstitous?
4. Have you ever been disillusioned?

Fyi, vegetables have been undergoing human selection for 10's of thousands of years. Without even knowing it, we have shape the way vegetables are now by selecting for different properties. We've done the same thing with domesticated animals.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
zamuel42 said:
My adition to the argument is all the plants that dont make evolutionary sense. Like pitted fruit. lettus and other comparitavely slow growing, short, extra tender and tasty vegitables. Apples less than pitted fruit. Carrot and maybe beats. berrys and nuts are what make the most sense. Im not sure but I dont think pumpkins make sense. I say that Only because root reproduction seems better, but I am just guessing.

Lettuce makes sense in that it was tasty enough for humans to decide to cultivate it in massive crops. Crop plants that are wide spread today didn't have to be wide spread when humans first discovered them.

Apples make more sense than pitted fruit because their seeds are easier for animals to carry around and deposit somewhere else. Pitted fruit require larger animals to carry their seed to a newer location.

obediah

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Yeah, I searched for that guy... read this:

"Water has a very important message for us. Water is telling us to take a much deeper look at our selves. When we do look at our selves through the mirror of water, the message becomes amazingly, crystal, clear. We know that human life is directly connected to the quality of our water, both within and all around us." - http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight ... _emoto.htm

And now all I can think about is Base Commander Ripper:

strangelove.jpg

Well at least this proves that heavy metal music is a disruptive, evil force. I'm kinda scared that anyone could look at this stuff without laughing out loud.

I get into a big fight with my mom about this stupid shit every once in a while. Eveytime I cough, she starts blabbering about space syrup and mystic rocks. And how they'll body by get rid of all the negative ions in my body, leaving only the positive ones - because you know negative == bad. I've tried to explain action potentials, cell membranes, and all that stuff to her a few times, but she starts screaming and hangs up the phone.

Sarvis

Erudite
obediah said:
Well at least this proves that heavy metal music is a disruptive, evil force.

Actualy, they did a Mythbusters episode once where they tested how plants grew when exposed to different kinds of music or voices. The heavy metal plants grew faster than all the others, with only classical coming close. Recorded human speech had no effect whether it was positive or negative speech...

Not really that scientific or conclusive, but interesting nonetheless. Maybe Zamuel can use that as another reason for being enlightened by his master! ;)

zamuel42

Novice
I was athiest until a few months ago; after reading some about mysticism. A few months ago I saw Masaru Emotos ice crystal pictures and believed in spirituality. a monthe or 3 weeks ago I the first of 2 of her books and checked her out on the internet I decided she would be my mast. I believe a high percentage of you will do it if you do those things. If you just look at the website enough it is likely that you will read a book. At least the free sample book. But you should also try to see a video.

Yes, I got dissillusioned with probably 100s of things growing up. I am not superstitious, allthough I recently started believing in magic

In Germs Guns and Steel it says humans only started farming lettus 4000 years ago. I need to read more books before I descide if there was a world wide flood 6000ish years ago. But the flood would explain the antievolutionary (I know they are successful now, I am talking about the 100s and millions a years before us raising them) We didnt create many of the basic names of fruit. berries are way better than apples. What animals would eat a pit?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
zamuel42 said:
I was athiest until a few months ago; after reading some about mysticism.

Harry Potter?

In Germs Guns and Steel it says humans only started farming lettus 4000 years ago.

L-E-T-T-U-C-E. I'm pretty sure lettuce was farmed in the fertile crescent long before that.

I need to read more books before I descide if there was a world wide flood 6000ish years ago.

I'd recommend brushing up on more basic things first before you decide to tackle anything like that. If you're going 6000 years ago, probably good to learn about Egyptian history and the fact they weren't wiped out by a gigantic flood.

But the flood would explain the antievolutionary (I know they are successful now, I am talking about the 100s and millions a years before us raising them) We didnt create many of the basic names of fruit. berries are way better than apples.

Again, basics. You don't have a good enough foundation in any of this to actually make moderately informed decisions on any of this. Even if you have a good foundation of knowledge, you can't just "reason" everything out. That's what philosophers did, and there's a reason why they're bagging groceries at Wal-Mart while we use scientists and engineers to build our space stations.

What animals would eat a pit?
Cows, horses, etc. Large ones that tend to eat an entire fist size fruit in one bite.

Sarvis

Erudite
So then you aren't going to try out your masters name with water crystals <b>Zamuel</b>?

Pity, sounds more like you are believing because you want something to believe in. If you really believed you'd be willing to test that belief...

zamuel42

Novice
lol bryce, good one.

I donty have a microscope, other wise I would along with at least 1000 other things. I am testing it the only way possible, I am goin to get initiated and I will find out if she causes me to see the light and/or hear the sound. Its free.

Dark Elf

Erudite
Zamuel... Sammael... Zamuel... Sammael... hmmm...

Okay, so where's Rasputin and Kroenen?

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Man, who knew? I thought this was another lame "Tell me what games to try!!!1" thread, but when I actually get bored enough to check it out it turns out to be some kook joining a cult! :lol:

Sarvis

Erudite
zamuel42 said:
lol bryce, good one.

I donty have a microscope, other wise I would along with at least 1000 other things. I am testing it the only way possible, I am goin to get initiated and I will find out if she causes me to see the light and/or hear the sound. Its free.

Yeah, because it's actually impossible to obtain a microscope. Only already enlightened people are allowed to have them. :roll:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Zammuel needs to check out South Park episode 5x04, Super Best Friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom