Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lhynn

Arcane

Recon control is an indie, low budget turn based tactical rpg in which you lead a team of soldiers through several campaigns, they start out as rookies with some basic skills, but you can dictated how they level up and the gear they have available. It is a bit of a mystery to me as why the codex doesnt really have a thread for this game, since its a bit of a gem when it comes to military turn based games. Theres decent depth to character building and the tactical phase in the missions themselves can be very stimulating, planning your approach and learning the nuances of the system, its incredibly fun, finding good strategies that work and leveraging them.

I played the game for roughly 8 hours, though I never tried the harder difficulties and challenges, decided to move on before I became addicted to it. Best thing is just how light is on any computer, and how you can get into it at any time so it never hurts to have it running it the background. There arent really that many military tactical games out there, so it really is a decent offering for the asking price.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It looks right up my alley but I'm a bit confused about the structure based on the description. Are the maps handcrafted? It seems like it and in the same time the game is tagged "roguelite" and "replayability" (which as tag would rather mean they're not).

Lhynn

Arcane
It looks right up my alley but I'm a bit confused about the structure based on the description. Are the maps handcrafted? It seems like it and in the same time the game is tagged "roguelite" and "replayability" (which as tag would rather mean they're not).
Maps are handcrafted, though starting position of enemy troops is rng, and so are objectives and traps. I think it just pick from a set of positions and is not completely random however.
The roguelite elements come from death of your troops, if one of your guys dies, hes gone.

Looks like 2d Doorkickers
It can be that, yes platform based doorkickers really. The view from the side makes the game feel very original in its tactical depth, you really wont find anything else like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom