Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redacted

Yeesh

Magister
You Believers seem awfully keen on all this "science". I don't know to whom to trust my faith any more.

ironyuri

You Believers seem awfully keen on all this "science". I don't know to whom to trust my faith any more.
yeesh,

you remind me of things old men say because they're not sure what is reality and what is fiction.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Yay, a sudden update!

1-A

You will get screwed too hard by all those extra drones to justify the rather meager effect of free market - after all, with just free market you will get what, 1 energy per city? Not worth the risk. You will probably gain a greater profit from the green economy (that's if you have an access to it) than from free market, considering that you have lots of cities and should be losing tons of energy due to the inefficiency.

2-A

Yeah, time to send the bastard straight to the justice of Lord. No point on wasting money to bribe him and he'll definitely get annoying once you will want to vote for something other than governor election.

3-A

Even if you will leave them some bases, their research still will go pretty slow so it's not worth to keep them alive.

4-A

Considering that now you have the biggest cojones round the block, I doubt that yang will ever settle for peace with you, so do as much damage to him as you possibly can while the opportunity arises.

5-A

Yang is pretty far away from the majority of our bases so if we want to hit him fast, we'll need some air power for that.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
1-A

No need to mess up a working plan. The cons sound much worse than the lost credits. You can always cash in on University improvements.

2-B

I don't see what attacking him will accomplish unless you think that he won't vote for you. He gets extra votes that help your goal, and, as you say, you won't have much money to waste for the coming turns. There is no need to spread yourself thin when he doesn't seem to be any trouble.

3-B

I have a soft spot for the sciency-ones. Another reason is above. They are beaten, and frankly, you could use to knock the Hive down a peg or two before they get too much time to turtle. Spending undo time eradicating the University is a waste of time.

4-A

They are and will always be your enemy. Show them God's wrath!

5-D

I think that emphasizing air then land would be best. Keep enough ships to transport and defend. Yang has an edge in the air that you need to overcome, but the war will still probably be won on the ground. Also, you will be bleeding credits for a while, so you can't juggle too many things at once.

Sanjor

Novice
1.A - Those before me make a good case.
2.A - Diedre thinks her storms cripple us, preventing us from sustaining our economy with Chineese Morganite money. I'm starting to think the trials of Planet hit Lal more than others - that storm may have damaged his rejuvenation chamber... These things happen.
3.C - The potential use of a loyal Zakharov is too great: let him do his research, but let him do it in His name.
3.A - Zakharov's only value is his proximity to our foes. He would be a wild card in the elections and, between our reformed Morgan and esteemed ally Santiago, his supplemental research would not merit dealing with another as devoted to the cause of his betters as soon-to-be-late Lal.
4.A - The Nerve Gas is just what Chairman Satan deserves, may the unbelievers choke upon the judgment for their heresy.
5.A - Air-power will be the most efficient use of our military with our strained economy. We have the power to deal with Zakharov and... make funeral arrangements for our dear "brother" Lal.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Nice to see an update :salute:

1-A Maintain Planned Economy
2-A Seize the opportunity, conquer U.N. Headquarters and execute "brother" Lal
3-A Conquer them swiftly and execute Prokhor Zakharov
4-D Defend against them for now
5-A Emphasise air units

The basic idea being, use this opportunity for a blitzkrieg that mops up these two now useless but still annoying factions - their territory will be much better off as Believer land. This will be a quick and easy victory with our current force, and will give us the advantage needed to ramp up production, then win the election, and finally crush the Hive. Or that's how I see it, at least :)

Cassidy

Arcane
1 - A

Greed is too Satanic to be something that should be embraced. The economical difficulties are trials of faith by the Lord and to switch to Free Market is to succumb to the temptation that the Devil has set upon the faithful. Let Mammon rot forever.

2 - B

They are insignificant. It would be a waste of time to wipe them out.

3 - C

Under the oversight of the holy, they will deliver a new golden age for the Believers and also be given a chance to atone for their sins.

4 - A

Only death awaits those who took the Mark of the Beast! This is ITZ.

5 - A

Heavenly justice shall descend upon the heathens.

Lindblum

Augur
1/A
2/A
3/A
4/D A(no one's looking)
5/A
Exterminate_cf197c_673754.jpg

Monty

Arcane
Great LP, and being cut off from your subjugated minions is an interesting twist.

1 A
2 B (Lal is annoying but harmless, He'll get what's coming to him but you have more pressing concerns)
3 B
4 B
5 D (You'll still need ground forces to consolidate your gains and protect against any unforeseen events)

Shadenuat

Arcane
I enjoyed this very much. Alpha Centauri is my favorite turn-based strategy, and Miriam is my most hated character ever (her NPC ego seems to always create vast empires with a lot of zealots which ruins my games). Thus looking at the game from a perspective or merciless crusader swarm brought me joy. As voting already over for last one, I'd vote for next part if able.
I would like to see Believers go full blitzkrieg on Hive, maybe even scrap some land units to create air/naval superiority and start to munch their coastal bases. This is the time in a game when whoever takes everything from jets would dominate opponents till the end. As Hive beaten Lord's Servants at sea, it would be satisfactory to bring allmighty power and holy fire rain down on them from the skies, penetrating their defenses and wrecking their navy with Archangels, and using marines and then rovers to quickly demolish or capture their bases one by one.
Your empire is also really pretty, build around lake with lots of resources, a base with fitting name at the center, fluid road system and all that.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I'm very glad to see this LP resurrected! :love:

And wow, that's some serious taking advantage of the communication breakdown, mass Nerve Stapling like a true fundie. I don't want to know how low has your research speed fallen... And the economy isn't doing too well either, I imagine.

But you're doing a good job, keep it up :salute:

At this phase, you're facing one of the most lethal enemies in the game - the dreaded micromanagement of dozens of cities. But I didn't notice how much you're using the governor automation...

I'm usually also quite annoyed by the AIs sub-optimal placement of cities - I mean, just looking at that clusterfuck of Garland Crater makes me cringe. Sheesh, it's not like we're playing on a huge map and have plenty of space to place cities with generous margins avoiding cannibalistic overlaps :roll:

Don't know how it fits your play style and plans, but at this point I'd consider singling out cities that don't contribute as much as they could, selling off all buildings in them one by one to recover some needed funds, and then razing them while the communications are down. Only God's chosen get to enjoy life in the Paradise He provided us in His infinite mercy, millions will be left behind in the darkness and the gnashing of teeth, while the 144 000 faithful shall be saved etc. etc.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's not an atrocity if noone lives to tell the world about it :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom