Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

oscar

Arcane
Played that EUIII mod. Managed to turn Vinland into the greatest economic power on Earth by about 1650, though it was pretty hairy at the start fending off Injun invasions.

Cassidy

Arcane
By the way, based on my practice of updating this thread after at least one week has passed to allow enough votes, expected the next update itt on Thursday, and Happy New Year.

Esquilax

Arcane
Wow, getting Return to the Cathedral vibes here.

Fortuntely, this is exactly what I was hoping we'd find - a sacred place where we might affect the cursed items we've found. I think the guy's story is legit and I don't like the idea of throwing everything into the water (I have a feeling that it might fuck up) so let's just toss in the cursed cross and leave it at that.

As for the next choice, I'm kinda torn. I'd love to go into the storeroom to find a relic of some kind, or maybe into the bolted in room, but that has its downsides:

They appear to be far more powerful than I first thought, capable of bending the very shape of this temple to their vile wills, and yet, during all this time, they never tried to go outside the temple.

These things have just noticed our presence, so if we fuck around in the hallways, they'll bend and twist the architecture of the temple to confuse us and potentially lead us into traps. Since I prefer to strike while the opposition is unprepared, that means I have to vote AI, though I'm willing to flop.

A fountain consecrated to Thor? Are there some bottles around we can use to get us some holy hand grenades? Might come handy. Oh, and if there are, take the water before dumping any cursed objects in the fountain.

Voting AI for now. Maybe this guy is still alive.

Monty

Arcane
B - It was a good choice to come to this tower, but we're now basing our plans on what we've read. I'm sure the letter is genuine but why not check? Can't see what good will come of defiling the holy fountain with the other items.

G - We have to get to the crypt, but perhaps there is something in the boarded-up tower we can use if we go there first. If it is the source of the infestation we need to investigate, but it seems likely it predates the current problems. If so, it may contain forbidden relics, dangerous research, who knows but if there's a chance it could help us in the showdown in the crypt it's worth checking out.

oscar

Arcane
Cool update. Getting the hell out of there and warning the population and getting the place demolished could work. In that case I'd like to keep the letter as some form of evidence (on it's own it'd probably be laughed at, but I imagine lots of people have been getting weird vibes from the Church). I don't really like either option for the 1st vote.

Esquilax

Arcane
B - It was a good choice to come to this tower, but we're now basing our plans on what we've read. I'm sure the letter is genuine but why not check? Can't see what good will come of defiling the holy fountain with the other items.

This is a good point. Will placing a cursed item inside a holy fountain purify the cursed item, or will it desecrate the one safe haven we have in this place?

G - We have to get to the crypt, but perhaps there is something in the boarded-up tower we can use if we go there first. If it is the source of the infestation we need to investigate, but it seems likely it predates the current problems. If so, it may contain forbidden relics, dangerous research, who knows but if there's a chance it could help us in the showdown in the crypt it's worth checking out.

Maybe the storeroom would be a better bet for this.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
Yes, I don't really understand why everyone is voting A. Even with the best case scenario, no defilement of Thor's fountain, removal of the evil taint from the cursed items, what are we left with? A non-cursed old cloak and cross? Can't see the point. I thought we kept them because they may come in useful or provide clues later on. If we're just going to neutralise them we may as well not have brought them along.

And if they aren't neutralised and we defile Thor's fountain and invite evil into the one remaining sanctuary that seems even more pointless. No more holy water supplies for a start.

Still thinking on my vote, undecided between going straight to the crypt or to the high priest's quarters / locked tower first.

oscar

Arcane
(if I may presume)

D - Keep the cursed objects and the letter. Leave the fountain alone

J - Get out of here and warn the townspeople

Baltika9

Arcane
Wait, I just had an idea: how about we anoint our sword with the holy water and then purge the artifacts? I dub it option 1E.

Cassidy

Arcane
We interrupt this CYOA for a special forecast of what remotely may happen if the future of the New World is built upon the ideal of Freedom. The beginning of the the 19th Century, marked by the Bohemian Empire undergoing a revolution, by the annihilation of the ancient Aztec civilization by the British Empire, by the Fourth British War of Imperialism against the brave Vikings of the Norskamerica, by Canada becoming a rump State ruled by Trash I and the rest of Canada split between Danish and Dutch sodomites rather than frogs and limeys...

:M

NrExo.jpg

Ships were prepared
Rifles and swords
Sails were raised
We're heading out to sea!

Iceland just a bed in the east
Our journey had begun
Helpful winds gave us our speed
Under a warming sun

A0DFg.jpg

Heading to the emerald land
A fleet of 50 ships
An army of 10000 men, led by the consul.

Army arising, dark and ferous
Horror across the black roads
As the night rolled in over us
We felt the wrath of the storm

BgQmK.jpg

That night I was haunted by dreams
An omen, of what was to come
The serpent arose from the sea

Ready to strike
With hammer in hand
The serpent in pain, twisting in furious rage!
Fought for its live
The serpent escaped
Thor was in rage
..My dreams began to fade..

fTBP5.jpg

Awoke of my dreams
Sword in my hand
The break of dawn
Closing in on British land
Time to attack
Grabbed our rifles
We came ashore
And saw the waiting hordes

Es6VJ.jpg

The fight was short and deadly intense
The Irish fought with us well
And as we gained the upper hand
The British spirit dwelled

THpmG.jpg

Ready to strike
With swords in our hands
The struggle with heart
The British fell to our wrath
Fought for his life
Their king escaped
With fury divine
Consul Olav threw his sword

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That's one bloated Worst Turk right there!

Also, did someone smash Korea or is it an actual Best Korea ripping it up gaystyle all over the Manchurian coast?

Rumsfeld

Scholar
Not that it has a chance of winning, but:

D G

Of course I could be wrong and A could be a tactical masterstroke, but it just seems like a Bioware RPG option to me. 'We have these cursed items, there's a magic fountain, let's place A into B - surely that will move us to the next level'. Can't see the upside, can only see potential downsides.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
Here's the thing: Why are people afraid right now?
This dude is fucking immortal, right?
I don't think we have anything to fear from mortals, or any conventional death. But in this sort of situation where our immortal presence could be dragged down to some sort of hell.... I think we do have something to fear..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom