Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
Cassidy, how strongly is Agnartyr tripping right now?

He faced worse things before and spends the whole night with a Deep One ghost barely allowing him to sleep.

Insanity in this IF will occur in a very gradual way, however. And the first symptoms won't be blatantly obvious.

Baltika9

Arcane
Let's go check out the mirrors of the world, then. I also want some more insight into our "invulnerability," although it's most likely protection from that same power that granted us immortality or the one to whom we sold this soul (now wouldn't it be a kicker if is this same Devourer?); that, or one of our artifacts. Maybe exploration will yield said clues.
B.

Monty

Arcane
B - It's interesting to consider the broader implications of what's going on here. If we manage to escape this place without facing the Great Devourer, I wonder how this will affect the future of our world. At the very least, we'll be even more motivated to prevent ANY worship of the 'One God' in our new colony. No more debates about being nice to Christians. But then perhaps the Devourer will grow more and more powerful as his worship spreads elsewhere and we'll eventually have to face him anyway.

And perhaps we've been given our immortality and resistance to the horrors of this plane for a reason. Maybe we are supposed to face him and somehow close the gateway to our world to prevent him praying on naive worshipers there and growing in power.

Finally, we don't actually know that this Devourer only prays on worshipers of the One God. What if he feeds on any human worship? Maybe less likely but still possible. And this would have further implications for our colony and our world. So exploring this plane further is essential, at the very least we need to know if those worshiping the Old Gods are also feeding the beast.

Baltika9

Arcane
B - It's interesting to consider the broader implications of what's going on here. If we manage to escape this place without facing the Great Devourer, I wonder how this will affect the future of our world. At the very least, we'll be even more motivated to prevent ANY worship of the 'One God' in our new colony. No more debates about being nice to Christians. But then perhaps the Devourer will grow more and more powerful as his worship spreads elsewhere and we'll eventually have to face him anyway.
One word: Crusades. We'll neeed those Varangians to defend our new home and remove worst calamari from premises.
Plus, Varangian Marine Corps.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
B
Since it is most likely, that Angantyr will eventually confront the Great Devourer, let's gather more info for now.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm going to again offer a contrarian opinion: I think we ought to go after the Devourer right now. It's important to remember that Erik confronted the Devourer out of desperation - in all his time in this place, he couldn't find any way out or any hints to defeat the Devourer, and he was here a lot longer than us. Based on that, I doubt we'll find anything. However, I do think that this world is full of dangers and nasty surprises the deeper we go into it (the roots springing from the church are deadly and could turn against us, even if they are dormant at the moment). Because of our apparent power against soul-devouring monstrosities, I think we should go after the Devourer.

C

Baltika9

Arcane
D, since answers aren't forthcoming, it's time to Face The Thing That Should Not Be.

B. This stuff is interesting and there doesn't appear to be any imminent danger. The Devourer can wait for a couple of hours.

Rumsfeld

Scholar
D - I thought we'd explore for a bit longer, but might as well go and face the Devourer. As for moving into the caliphate, that's the last thing we need. Dealing with the Christians caused us enough problems.

Weasel
Great update (and very quick)

C - probably a price to pay for this but like the idea of a sword with essence of Void Lord

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn Akachi, you've grown!
Cassidy: Is it an option to sit here and "entertain" it a bit longer and perhaps to try and learn?

Cassidy

Arcane
Cassidy: Is it an option to sit here and "entertain" it a bit longer and perhaps to try and learn?

That would be like voting for Angartyr to become an hero in that older update. I decided to ditch obviously stupid options because people will only vote on them for the lulz, and considering the circumstances, doing that would be obviously stupid.

Baltika9

Arcane
I dunno, I'd exchange some sanity for cosmic knowledge and gladly so, not really for the lulz (it is also a dream of mine to speak with to a Lovecraftian nightmare) but to better know the circumstances and the going-on around our planet. And this bloke did say he's pretty bored and would actually welcome some conversation and that he bears us no inherent malice
One more thing: it is rare to have anything resembling sentience not totally broken to talk with here. It is a lonely existence most of the time, for others of my kind prefer it this way. Ask away whatever you wish.
-
"You are the first being I failed to feed from for eons, the only others I failed to feed from were those I already mentioned for the divinity they worshiped was very real, but unintelligible to your kind, so again, I won't bother explaining their religion to you. Ultimately, I have no malice or 'evil' as your kind puts it, yet I am sure you'll consider me a 'great evil' as much as the cattle you kill to eat would revile you, if they were sentient. I merely do what I must to ensure my continued survival and there is no other way. Your presence here is irrelevant to me at best and a nuisance at worst. Why would I want to keep you here? I will open you a gateway either right to outside the temple the candlemakers usurped, or inside it. They are restricted as much as myself, and cannot go beyond the temple... unless one of your kind is foolish enough to support them and unleash them over your whole world, trapping all your souls into eternal suffering.
But then again, maybe you're telling me that the only way to get what I want is to sell our allegiance to it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom