Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

oscar

Arcane
1a
1a
1a

1B - as the choices are presented I say B, but really, shouldn't there be a choice between A and B? Something between "use it at every opportunity" and "never use it again"? Like, only use it if needed against other supernatural threats like the devourer, and not against normal soldiers.

2A - there are only a few troublemakers, and what are they going to do? Desert - where? To the enemy? Highly unlikely they would survive the attempt. And there is nothing out there to run to. Let their comrades and officers deal with them. Soldiers that deliberately fuck things up for the rest of them or don't pull their own weight have a way of getting killed even when there is no enemy around, and our hands will be clean that way. Make sure to not turn our back to any of them though.

3C - why did we take take the greek fire here? To deal with the fortifications - so let's do it. Let's get as far in the fortifications as we can without needless casualties. Every wall we take, every supply we take or destroy now means a shorter siege later on (time is of the essence if we want to find the City still standing) as well as an additional wall between us and any potential reinforcements that are coming. Strike now, while we still have the the element of surprise. B would spare our greek fire, but the primary use of greek fire is against fortifications and ships, not against troops. If the enemy reinforcements do show up, it wouldn't do as much good as it would if we use it now. As I said before - fuck saving things for a rainy day, it looks pretty cloudy to me right now. The A choice is silly - if the enemy comes while we are camped outside, we would still be between two armies - only now we will not even have walls to hide behind.

Cassidy

Arcane
Shouldn't there be a choice between A and B?

Supposing B wins, if the main character ends in a really dire situation, there willl be an option in such update involving the dire situation for him to change his mind about "never" fighting with that sword again.

Monty

Arcane
A
B
C

Would have voted 2A, but it seems we won't be getting any gold until after the siege. I'm sure the mercs would forget their problems when the gold starts flowing but that doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon.

1A - what we came here to do was stop the flow of gold to Europe (and possibly open a second front with the European crusaders). Mission accomplished. Divide the plunder and go home to deal with the other problem before the European counterattack shows up. And tell our inventor to start working on more polybolos before that happens. The best way to counter this threat is with a navy armed with polybolos and fire bolts. The only problem that I see with the proposed deal is that we leave the churches alone - otherwise it is pretty much the same thing we did in Vinland. Make sure that the old faith is also protected under the terms of surrender - maybe we can slow down the Devourer through competition if we can't through violence. And if not, we can try something else later...

Not sure if choice 3 still counts if voting for surrender, but if yes voting A - they have the gold and they can go home, no need to spread the disease even more.

Jester

Arbiter
1A - tell him that city will be free place of worship all religions and harassment of either is forbidden, other than that autonomy will be granted but if they try to back stab us or break terms of deal they will face... consequences. Its good to state rules clearly.
3A - we must go our people need us.

Monty

Arcane
1A - what we came here to do was stop the flow of gold to Europe (and possibly open a second front with the European crusaders). Mission accomplished. Divide the plunder and go home to deal with the other problem before the European counterattack shows up. And tell our inventor to start working on more polybolos before that happens. The best way to counter this threat is with a navy armed with polybolos and fire bolts. The only problem that I see with the proposed deal is that we leave the churches alone - otherwise it is pretty much the same thing we did in Vinland. Make sure that the old faith is also protected under the terms of surrender - maybe we can slow down the Devourer through competition if we can't through violence. And if not, we can try something else later...

Not sure if choice 3 still counts if voting for surrender, but if yes voting A - they have the gold and they can go home, no need to spread the disease even more.
Agree with this. 1A 3A

Baltika9

Arcane
I understand the unwilingness to fight here, but I must insist on DBB.
The old fart is asking for way too much: tax reduction, exemption and protection? And we have to leave our sworn enemy's sources of power in peace? Sorry, but no, this just creates more long-term problems for us and Vinland than it solves.
There's even no guarantee he isn't simply stalling until the Norwegians arrive. No, we have a tough and loyal army with high morale, a supernatural sword and a legendary reputation. We're taking this city on our terms. 'Sudes, the extra gold we'll earn will be worth it, both for us and the men.
But I must admit I'm somewhat disappointed on how little attention remains for this after everyone reads a thread the very OP labelled as Anime and most seemingly ignore all others.

In before someone posting a butthurt smiley.
:butthurt:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
This is why I say we accept their terms. They are much more favorable then anything they would ever have to their liegelords in Europe.
And gold is useless if we lose too many men.
Better to head back to the city, destroy the old cults, and have allies among these folk. Then we can destroy Nackremous and his lackies. I believe our backer is stronger than his, and I believe his backer is the true enemy, not the Devourer. The Devourer is merely an opportunist, and the small fry compared to the really big guys that are doing all the behind the scenes manipulating. He's really clumsy compared to everything else in his machinations as well, very overt and obvious compared to our own lord and that of Nackremous. And he's right in stating that if we want to blame anyone for the brutality against our own, we should look to the other misbegotten monkeys.

Baltika9

Arcane
Better to head back to the city, destroy the old cults, and have allies among these folk. Then we can destroy Nackremous and his lackies. I believe our backer is stronger than his, and I believe his backer is the true enemy, not the Devourer.
And herein lies the problem: should the Norwegians arrive while we're off *BLAMMING* or fighting Narackamous, we will have to turn around and go to their rescue; honor notwithstanding, if we don't hold our end of the bargain, they can just jump sides again and then we'll really be fucked. That's why I want to solve this as completely as we can. Besides, this will be a good chance for our, heretofore unblooded, army to get some actual combat experience and for us to earn some more gold for even more soldiers that can be trained by our more experienced men.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I like the legion that rises from the dead theme.
Reminds me of the Grey Legions of Arcanum, Toran Kel and what not.
I wonder if they will become an enemy of ours should they realize the Devourer or another can save them of their fate.
And I wonder if it is possible to restore their bodies, using the power of the Devourer or our own patron, as we did in Arcanum using the blood of the dragon on Torian Kel.

Jester

Arbiter
BBA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom